Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

48 F1 Jeepers Creepers

Old 01-30-2016, 07:43 PM
killjoybjg
New User
killjoybjg is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just got the front end mocked up as well as the rear today

Old 01-30-2016, 08:32 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
topmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputation
Looks great, nice work! In the very first pic of the passenger door it looks like there is no sign, did you have to sand off some paint to find it? Or am I just not seeing it...
Very cool to see the old logo, and the cab once lived about 90 miles down the road from me in Beaumont Texas (I am in Houston).

Old 01-30-2016, 08:52 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Tilleyman View Post
Reminds me of mine when I started...

When I was removing the paint brush applied green paint I found some door art hiding under there...

It said "Harold Coble, Milesburg, PA", which is about 2 hours from my home.
And 25 minutes from my house!

Old 01-30-2016, 09:34 PM
killjoybjg
New User
We didn't see it until the sun hit it just right and we saw an embossed look on the door so we decided to sand it down and see what it said

Originally Posted by topmoo View Post
Looks great, nice work! In the very first pic of the passenger door it looks like there is no sign, did you have to sand off some paint to find it? Or am I just not seeing it...
Very cool to see the old logo, and the cab once lived about 90 miles down the road from me in Beaumont Texas (I am in Houston).

Old 01-31-2016, 07:40 AM
Marauder2004
Elder User
Marauder2004 has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder2004 has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder2004 has a good reputation on FTE.
Those are some great pictures and great progress!

Old 02-07-2016, 02:53 PM
killjoybjg
New User
New wheels mounted and balanced and power steering rack

Old 02-07-2016, 03:19 PM
BlueOvalRage
Postmaster
BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.
That's a great build!! I love the fact that you're retaining the flatty and going with modern suspension, steering and brakes. That makes for an awesome one-of-a-kind combination. I will give you one word of free advice, though. Strongly consider ditching the 59A crashbox 4-speed right now. With the rest of the modern upgrades you've made to the chassis, it would be a shame to leave that unruly brute in there. Shifting isn't synchronized in any gear. I can almost guarantee that you'll hate double clutching to shift all the time and it will take the fun right out of driving the truck. Look into a floor shift light duty 3-speed. It would bolt right in place of the 4-speed with no mods to your freshly painted chassis. A T-5 5-speed would be nice too, but you'd have to cut to make it fit.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:42 PM
killjoybjg
New User
Awesome thanks for the support and the info! I'll definitely look into it all.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage View Post
That's a great build!! I love the fact that you're retaining the flatty and going with modern suspension, steering and brakes. That makes for an awesome one-of-a-kind combination. I will give you one word of free advice, though. Strongly consider ditching the 59A crashbox 4-speed right now. With the rest of the modern upgrades you've made to the chassis, it would be a shame to leave that unruly brute in there. Shifting isn't synchronized in any gear. I can almost guarantee that you'll hate double clutching to shift all the time and it will take the fun right out of driving the truck. Look into a floor shift light duty 3-speed. It would bolt right in place of the 4-speed with no mods to your freshly painted chassis. A T-5 5-speed would be nice too, but you'd have to cut to make it fit.

Old 02-07-2016, 06:27 PM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
thepitshop has much to be proud ofthepitshop has much to be proud ofthepitshop has much to be proud ofthepitshop has much to be proud ofthepitshop has much to be proud ofthepitshop has much to be proud ofthepitshop has much to be proud ofthepitshop has much to be proud of
Great build!! Don't see too many people here update the suspension and keep the flathead,gonna be an awesome ride when done!

Old 03-01-2016, 09:42 PM
killjoybjg
New User

Old 03-08-2016, 12:30 PM
killjoybjg
New User
Motor back from shop and installed last night

Old 03-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
That looks great! Nice work.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:26 AM
JimG1098
Posting Guru
JimG1098 is a splendid one to beholdJimG1098 is a splendid one to beholdJimG1098 is a splendid one to beholdJimG1098 is a splendid one to beholdJimG1098 is a splendid one to beholdJimG1098 is a splendid one to behold
Your build is fabulous. Great pictures of all your great work. Best of luck as you put it on the road.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:42 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
Looks great! What did you use on your frame to protect it?

Old 04-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Schuyles
Posting Guru
Schuyles has a great reputation on FTE.Schuyles has a great reputation on FTE.Schuyles has a great reputation on FTE.Schuyles has a great reputation on FTE.Schuyles has a great reputation on FTE.
Way to get after it and spend the $$...I bet you won't regret it as much as us that save the money and have to suffer through long periods of no progress!

Lookin good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 48 F1 Jeepers Creepers

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.