Sponsored by: Moser

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 05:54 PM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended Warranty

Well, since my 3yr/36month warranty runs out in a week, I went to my dealer to look at new trucks. With only 28K on my truck, and since it is in great shape, I could not justify buying a new one. I have researched the Ford ESP, and had received a flyer from Ford offering the ESP. I called them, and they quoted me a price of $1750 for an additional 3yrs/30,000miles with $0 deductible. Today my dealer offered the same ESP for less than $1500 out the door. To me it makes sense as I have a Lariat with all the bells and whistles. If the navigation system or a computer goes down, I'll be glad I bought the ESP. Hope this helps someone who may be considering an ESP..........

Old 01-27-2016, 06:54 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Should have checked online first. Zeigler and Flood have just about the best prices going. Got myself a 7yr/125k mile Premium Care for about $2200.00

Old 01-31-2016, 10:42 AM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

The 30,000 miles/ 36 month Premium Care I purchased suits my needs. I don't plan on keeping the truck longer than 2-3 more years, so there is no need for a longer, more expensive ESP. I am more than satisfied on purchasing it from my dealer who, after checking with Ford and a few other dealers, gave me the best price.

Old 02-03-2016, 06:30 PM
eriebasin
Senior User
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Yes, I bought one from my dealer; I paid $1,750 and has a $100 deductible (except on tires, there's no deductible). It covers the truck bumper to bumper 3 more years and till 60,000 miles (I only have 28,XXX on it now). It also has rental car reimbursement of $30 per day and road-hazard on the tires. I think it has roadside assistance too (the truck still has the Ford roadside assist for 2 more years).

Old 02-07-2016, 03:48 PM
miihere24
Senior User
I don't have a Ford esp, but in the past when I've had to actually use a cars warranty I've not been impressed, one can hope that Ford's is a bit different and better.

With mine:
They can repair what's wrong anyway they like, so when a light came on the dash they tried to by pass it by adding a wire and only when that didn't work they replaced the part.

Rental reimbursement wasn't reimbursed when the heat shield fell down and folded under the car and it had to be towed because I couldn't get it to unfold. Still don't know why I wasn't reimbursed and absolutely no one would direct me to the proper place to mail my receipts. My theory is that rentals are only covered when you rent one from the dealership. The tow however was covered.

I also had to bully the service guy into giving me a rental off their lot because it's included in the warranty, but I was informed it's only if the service department knows what the issue is. They at the time knew the code, but didn't know what the code meant and were going to have to check on it, but because it was late in the day they wouldn't know until the next day.

For the right price I think an esp is worth it and it sounds like you got a good deal, I'm just always hesitant now on the fine print.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:53 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MCDavis
Should have checked online first. Zeigler and Flood have just about the best prices going. Got myself a 7yr/125k mile Premium Care for about $2200.00
got a link to the one you went with? i have a warranty on my 04 dually (not sure on the company, i'd have to check the paper work), but my cousin's 2012 f150 i dont think has a warranty, if it does, there's not much left, but i'm almost positive there's nothing. i'm trying to convince him to get one, so if i have a link to show him something like what you said you got, it may be something he's interested in. sounds like a really good/long warranty you got

Old 02-07-2016, 10:07 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Zeigler and Flood are only beneficial if you're within the 3yr/36k mile original in service date. The prices sky rocket after that.

Links:
SAVE $$ on a Genuine Factory Ford Protect Extended Warranty!
https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

Old 02-07-2016, 10:17 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ah. they always have a catch haha. i will still check into them. thanks!

Old 02-14-2016, 09:45 AM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

eriebasin, it appears we bought the same ESP. Not only does it cover a rental car, but it allows for meals and a hotel if the servicing dealer cannot have it done in a day. You are correct......Roadside Assistance is included. The peace of mind is worth the cost.......

Old 02-14-2016, 09:22 PM
AbitaPro
Senior User
Smart move!

Originally Posted by Buck 1
Well, since my 3yr/36month warranty runs out in a week, I went to my dealer to look at new trucks. With only 28K on my truck, and since it is in great shape, I could not justify buying a new one. I have researched the Ford ESP, and had received a flyer from Ford offering the ESP. I called them, and they quoted me a price of $1750 for an additional 3yrs/30,000miles with $0 deductible. Today my dealer offered the same ESP for less than $1500 out the door. To me it makes sense as I have a Lariat with all the bells and whistles. If the navigation system or a computer goes down, I'll be glad I bought the ESP. Hope this helps someone who may be considering an ESP..........
I have a friend whose truck had about 90k miles, oil pump failed, engine crashed, so to speak. Having a new engine dropped in under warranty (Premium ESP) was a relief! And it was a new engine, no rebuilds were available, so Ford took care of their customer. Thanks Ford!

Better to have an ESP than not, nowadays.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:21 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ny experience with ESP is dismal.

Look at it this way. You are counting on a failure. The service plan provider is counting on it not having a failure. If the provider didn't make money selling you a service plan they wouldn't offer a plan.

I bought a used Ford. As it rolled past 60K miles, I began hearing a noise coming from the front differential. My local mechanic shop diagnosed it as a failing differential. Estimated cost to repair about $3,000. I contacted Ford Customer Care, gave them the VIN and asked if there was something they could do for me. I was told sorry.

Sometime later, after the repair, I had the Ford at the dealership and was told by the customer service rep that my vehicle did in fact have an ESP still within the ESP warranty time. I asked Ford if they would cover all or part of the cost of the repair since I already paid out of pocket.

My lawyer said that they could win the case, but the cost of the litigation would not be worth it..

ESP providers prey on people's fears.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:52 PM
jcchsms
New User
I have owned a King Ranch, Platinum and now a Limited. I keep my trucks for 100K miles usually driven in three of four years. Each has had an ESP and it has paid for itself each time. My issue is that dealers seem slow to respond to fixes covered. It took eight weeks to get a cam phasor sensor recently.
Ford does not make them like they used to and if you drive a lot you need the extra warranty.

Old 04-25-2016, 11:26 PM
PGA2016
New User
Originally Posted by miihere24
I don't have a Ford esp, but in the past when I've had to actually use a cars warranty I've not been impressed, one can hope that Ford's is a bit different and better.

With mine:
They can repair what's wrong anyway they like, so when a light came on the dash they tried to by pass it by adding a wire and only when that didn't work they replaced the part.

Rental reimbursement wasn't reimbursed when the heat shield fell down and folded under the car and it had to be towed because I couldn't get it to unfold. Still don't know why I wasn't reimbursed and absolutely no one would direct me to the proper place to mail my receipts. My theory is that rentals are only covered when you rent one from the dealership. The tow however was covered.

I also had to bully the service guy into giving me a rental off their lot because it's included in the warranty, but I was informed it's only if the service department knows what the issue is. They at the time knew the code, but didn't know what the code meant and were going to have to check on it, but because it was late in the day they wouldn't know until the next day.

For the right price I think an esp is worth it and it sounds like you got a good deal, I'm just always hesitant now on the fine print.

I would literally buy you a case of beer right this moment if you were anywhere within a reasonable distance. You've been though exactly what I have been though with a hole dealers that fight you on everything. At the end of the day I said I forget the aggravation and I'm just gonna fix the new one myself. I've repaired 2 things so far that ford couldn't find with 8 hours. I'd rather not be inconvenienced and aggravated each time I go and get a bull**** answer. I have tools and have no problem using them anymore.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:08 AM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

Received 519 Likes on 398 Posts
Last three trucks all had premium care esp warranty and it saved me thousands. I had major issues with all 3 at about 90k. One was total engine failure and the others were transmission and differential failure. Paid my deductible and was glad I bought the esp. Current truck has a 4 page oasis report so I got my value from the esp.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:22 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by ford390gashog
Last three trucks all had premium care esp warranty and it saved me thousands. I had major issues with all 3 at about 90k. One was total engine failure and the others were transmission and differential failure. Paid my deductible and was glad I bought the esp. Current truck has a 4 page oasis report so I got my value from the esp.
It's awesome that the ESP is working for you. I'll follow suit when I buy again.

Please don't take this the wrong way but if I had these kinds of issues on four Fords, I'd look at another brand.

I've stayed with Ford because, (knock on wood) I haven't needed any major work.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty