1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

2000 E-150 rear brake line tee.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 03:30 PM
the_real_zekenator
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WVVan, thanks SO much for that info regarding the different sizes of rear hard brake lines. My right rear one had broken badly and I'm about to go buy new lengths of line (no one seems to know how long I need tho!) and going to replace driver's side as well as the broken one as long as I'm under there...and maybe the soft brake line too if it looks like it'll need it.

Anyways, your info on the rear passenger side line being 3/8" and the rear driver's side being 7/16" just saved me BIGTIME.

THANKS!

Old 03-01-2016, 08:19 PM
WVVan
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since I found out the hard way just glad to help out a fellow DIY'er.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:37 AM
Seibert77
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2000Ford2000
I was a half hour into a three hour trip and my son called me from college back home and said that a brake line had blown on the van. So I turned around and went to the college to check it out and I could see It was leaking near the T on the rear axle. About 2 months ago the right rear axle line rusted out and I had to replace it so I figured the left one probably rusted out now.

Filled up with brake fluid and drove home and then got underneath to took a look. 1 metal line comes from the front and goes to the T and then a metal line goes to the right and left brakes but there are also two rubber hoses mounted to that T. They both go about 1 foot up to a bracket and as my son pressed on the brakes, fluid was just squirting out of one of those rubber hoses on the back side of that bracket.

I don't know what those rubber hoses are for, especially the one that is shooting brake fluid out all over the chassis. I didn't have time to crawl under the front of the rear axle to see what's there. I felt it and it felt like there was a part of a metal hose sticking out that was rusted away or something and I had him press the brakes again and it was definitely squirting out there.

Can anyone tell me what those rubber hoses are for and what is supposed to be on the other side of that bracket?

I needed to get back on the road so I just left it up on the jack stands and I won't be back home till Monday but I'd like to know what the heck that is and what I need to replace. Let's see if I can post a picture that I found it looks like it.

Both of my hoses are black and not clear like that front one. I'm not sure which one it is that is squirting out of behind that upper plate.

The one shooting brake fluid is your rear center hose. It has the t connected to it. I just had to replace mine

Old 02-10-2021, 09:40 AM
Seibert77
New User
Originally Posted by 2000Ford2000
I was a half hour into a three hour trip and my son called me from college back home and said that a brake line had blown on the van. So I turned around and went to the college to check it out and I could see It was leaking near the T on the rear axle. About 2 months ago the right rear axle line rusted out and I had to replace it so I figured the left one probably rusted out now.

Filled up with brake fluid and drove home and then got underneath to took a look. 1 metal line comes from the front and goes to the T and then a metal line goes to the right and left brakes but there are also two rubber hoses mounted to that T. They both go about 1 foot up to a bracket and as my son pressed on the brakes, fluid was just squirting out of one of those rubber hoses on the back side of that bracket.

I don't know what those rubber hoses are for, especially the one that is shooting brake fluid out all over the chassis. I didn't have time to crawl under the front of the rear axle to see what's there. I felt it and it felt like there was a part of a metal hose sticking out that was rusted away or something and I had him press the brakes again and it was definitely squirting out there.

Can anyone tell me what those rubber hoses are for and what is supposed to be on the other side of that bracket?

I needed to get back on the road so I just left it up on the jack stands and I won't be back home till Monday but I'd like to know what the heck that is and what I need to replace. Let's see if I can post a picture that I found it looks like it.

Both of my hoses are black and not clear like that front one. I'm not sure which one it is that is squirting out of behind that upper plate.

The one shooting brake fluid is your rear center hose. It has the t connected to it. I just had to replace mine

That's oem center house, one end is the t

Old 02-10-2021, 09:51 AM
Howellbuilt
New User
Those are some large lift blocks you've got there