Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 excursion with 2015 f350 chrome front and rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 09:58 AM
gots_a_sol
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Warn makes those fillers actually. They are meant to work with their hidden winch mount.

Kind of an expensive kit to buy for just those pieces though.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:20 PM
eXdiesel
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bolt on question

Hello gentleman. After coming across this thread and seeing how nice and clean this bumper mod looked on the X, I started searching for a new take off for mine. Thanks a lot!
I found new front and rear take offs a few hours from me that are complete with all the plastics and lights etc. My question before I invest 6 hours of driving is are there brackets that I would need off of the truck that the bumpers came off of? I don't want to get into a situation where I invest time and money to have to go searching for other parts to make it work. Speaking of spending more money, has anybody had any experience with the above mentioned Warn winch gap fillers from the hidden hitch kit? Part # 85420
Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
Sorry for the long first post!
Shawn

Last edited by eXdiesel; 06-21-2016 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Details were already mentioned
Old 06-22-2016, 07:47 AM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by eXdiesel
Hello gentleman. After coming across this thread and seeing how nice and clean this bumper mod looked on the X, I started searching for a new take off for mine. Thanks a lot!
I found new front and rear take offs a few hours from me that are complete with all the plastics and lights etc. My question before I invest 6 hours of driving is are there brackets that I would need off of the truck that the bumpers came off of? I don't want to get into a situation where I invest time and money to have to go searching for other parts to make it work. Speaking of spending more money, has anybody had any experience with the above mentioned Warn winch gap fillers from the hidden hitch kit? Part # 85420
Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
Sorry for the long first post!
Shawn
Just to warn you, the front bumper is not a perfect fit and the rear can be adjusted to your liking. If they have any brackets, get them .

Old 06-22-2016, 11:35 AM
eXdiesel
New User
Originally Posted by hwybee22
Just to warn you, the front bumper is not a perfect fit and the rear can be adjusted to your liking. If they have any brackets, get them .
When you say not a perfect fit, are you referring to the ends not being long enough or will I have to make modifications to install it?

If I pick these up I do plan on ordering the Warn fillers for the ends and it also comes with a top piece that I dont think I will need.

I should have mentioned that I have a new full size 2007 grill still in the box that I never got around to cutting down to fit my 2002. Does the cut to fit version fit better than the uncut?

By the way, your X look great with the bumper and lights. Are those the stock bulbs in your fogs? They look super bright.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:43 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
When you say not a perfect fit, are you referring to the ends not being long enough or will I have to make modifications to install it?

If I pick these up I do plan on ordering the Warn fillers for the ends and it also comes with a top piece that I dont think I will need.

I should have mentioned that I have a new full size 2007 grill still in the box that I never got around to cutting down to fit my 2002. Does the cut to fit version fit better than the uncut?

By the way, your X look great with the bumper and lights. Are those the stock bulbs in your fogs? They look super bright.
I did not do any drilling or modifications to install my bumper, as I'm adding the 2011 front end conversion and do not care that the bumper is too short on the sides and have gaps around the bottom of the grille because I'm hardly ever home and it was killing me to put the bumper on. I believe with the install of your new grille and drilling new holes to mount the bumper that you will have minimal trimming for the grille. I can not give you a answer on the warn fillers. For my lights, I installed HIDs.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:25 PM
eXdiesel
New User
I had the guy send me a picture of the back and it looks like there are two brackets included, one on each side. Is this all that it should come with as far as brackets go to get this mod started? Thanks for all of your help so far!

Old 06-23-2016, 02:53 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
I had the guy send me a picture of the back and it looks like there are two brackets included, one on each side. Is this all that it should come with as far as brackets go to get this mod started? Thanks for all of your help so far!
I do not believe you can use the side mounting brackets because they're too short, but get them anyways. You will only be able to use the center mounting brackets that your old bumper used.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:43 PM
eXdiesel
New User
I do not believe you can use the side mounting brackets because they're too short, but get them anyways. You will only be able to use the center mounting brackets that your old bumper used.
I guess I should have sent a picture of the middle section

Old 06-23-2016, 09:17 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
I guess I should have sent a picture of the middle section
There we go..you will only use the front mounts off the bumper and I feel the bumper would work if I was involved in a accident. The sides of the bumper will not seem like they're loose as you will not be able to use the side mounts, but please get they as maybe you could fab something up. I did not . Take your grille off and get an idea where it will come to and mount your 06 grille to see where you look at and vice versa with the grille.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:14 PM
xplodn
Tuned
Just when I thought mine was looking good..... Now I need to upgrade. Do you have any more pictures of the side? How does it line up with wheel wells?

Old 07-17-2016, 12:31 AM
hwybee22
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by xplodn
Just when I thought mine was looking good..... Now I need to upgrade. Do you have any more pictures of the side? How does it line up with wheel wells?
It's far from perfect and will leave noticeable gaps on the bottom corners of your grille.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:11 AM
xplodn
Tuned

It's far from perfect and will leave noticeable gaps on the bottom corners of your grille.
Ah. Even on the 05-07 grill?

Old 07-17-2016, 11:29 AM
hwybee22
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by xplodn
Ah. Even on the 05-07 grill?
Yes, there's a fairly large gap there.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:53 PM
doctord
New User
Your Excursion looks fantastic! I just bought our second one, a 2000, 7.3 4x4, and I am really drawing inspiration from the posts here. This is exactly what I want to do to ours. A couple of questions, if you (or anyone else might wish to chime in) don't mind:

1) What size spacers (I am assuming wheel spacers) did you have to go with on the Platinum 20's? This is new to me, and forgive my ignorance.

2) With regard to the 2007 upper lights, grille, emblem, etc. Did you purchase aftermarket parts, and if so, are there any caveats to watch out for, e.g., quality, etc.

3) Did you swap the header of yours with the 2007 header?

4) On the 2015 Bumper, I read the posts, and am curious if I understood that the new bumper will basically bolt right back on to the 2000 factory brackets? Or do you utilize the 2015 brackets?

5) Where's the best place to order the mirror upgrade you used?

Thanks for taking time to read and or answer. I appreciate it, and am excited to be working on this new project. Fun stuff.

D

Old 07-22-2016, 07:13 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 833 Likes on 572 Posts
Originally Posted by doctord
Your Excursion looks fantastic! I just bought our second one, a 2000, 7.3 4x4, and I am really drawing inspiration from the posts here. This is exactly what I want to do to ours. A couple of questions, if you (or anyone else might wish to chime in) don't mind:

1) What size spacers (I am assuming wheel spacers) did you have to go with on the Platinum 20's? This is new to me, and forgive my ignorance.

2) With regard to the 2007 upper lights, grille, emblem, etc. Did you purchase aftermarket parts, and if so, are there any caveats to watch out for, e.g., quality, etc.

3) Did you swap the header of yours with the 2007 header?

4) On the 2015 Bumper, I read the posts, and am curious if I understood that the new bumper will basically bolt right back on to the 2000 factory brackets? Or do you utilize the 2015 brackets?

5) Where's the best place to order the mirror upgrade you used?

Thanks for taking time to read and or answer. I appreciate it, and am excited to be working on this new project. Fun stuff.

D

Welcome aboard to the best EX forum on the web!
I'll help out with the easy ones.
1) For the '05+ Super Duty 17", 18", or 20" rims you will want to use 2" thick "hubcentric" wheel spacers. The OEM setup uses the hubcentric rim mounting system where the rim centers on the hub's little lip vs how typical rims are centered by the tapered seat of the lug nuts. These hub center rims use flat washer faced lug nuts for the clamping force.

5) A1auto.com is a site sponsor and has a huge selection of top quality aftermarket mirrors with a wide variety of options. I've had their '08+ mirrors with power adjust, heat, smoked signals and chrome caps for 3+ years now and perfectly happy with them.

Quick Reply: 2000 excursion with 2015 f350 chrome front and rear bumper