1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

A 2015 retrospect & Words of THANKS + 2016 Supernationals

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 07:42 PM
brit_wheels_fan
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
A 2015 retrospect & Words of THANKS + 2016 Supernationals

With 2015 behind us, I wish to offer again words of thanks to several FTE faithful who provided me with great assistance on this forum. I was over my head in trying to get a VERY tired '51 F1 up and going to enable a sale before moving from Indiana to Washington. After a few months in the Evergreen State I acquired a '56 F100 out of California and again I have had great assistance from the forum in trying to do a few things with that one. At the risk of leaving someone out, I again want to say thanks to: ALBUQ F-1, Forty Niner, Effie Trucker, 52 Merc (Wayne), petemcl, NumberDummy, Rusty S, C 600, carnut122, gerrymoe, drptop70ss, Mixer Man, and especially harleymsn. After guiding me to a source for carburetor accelerator pump linkage for the '51 F1, harlemsn (Joe) came up from Tennessee and bought the old truck. Before attempting to put it on the trailer, he actually got it running. I had never heard it run and it was a thrill to hear it fire up.

My new old ride, the '56, is a decent old truck with a '56 292 transplanted for its original six cylinder. I have installed new radiator, water pump, fuel pump, all new tires, new exhaust from the engine back, seat belts, mirrors, speedo cable and gear, fuel sender, head liner, kick panels, dome light, floor mat, etc. It's under cover and put up for winter storage now but I'm itching to get out and about with it.

I am even - dangerously - considering trying to attend the F100 Supernationals in Tennessee. When I used to travel the country for national events in my MGs, club groups would organize 'caravans' of cars to drive together to provide security, support and assistance should anyone have difficulties. With a group of about 6 - 12 cars, someone would trailer theirs so that if there was a breakdown on the road we could not fix, we could pull a car off a trailer and give a ride to a disabled car. (I trailered to Breckenridge CO, and to Bellville, Ontario on two occasions.) Do the FTE groups do anything like this for attending far distant events? Perhaps we could organize something.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:47 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts
Rob - Glad I could help out in some small way with your efforts. Moving from Boilermaker country to the piney mountains of the northwest was certainly a life change. Good to see that old iron has been a constant. As to the caravans, I've seen them organized, mostly by easterners in the Ford Barn. My exposure hasn't been extensive so I'm certain there's more happening without my awareness.