Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Psd repair mauals

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Ed the outdoorman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Psd repair mauals

Hello, I just spent big bucks to have the dealer change a injector on my 97 f350 crew with the psd. I looked through the old threads for a place that sells repair manuals but did not find any info. I am a not a mechanic but I am a not afraid to try some repairs on my own, especially if a guy can follow a repair guide. Any info on who sells these manuals would help. Thanks

Ed

Old 08-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Lucca
Junior User
Psd repair mauals

Ed:

I recently purchased a repair manual at Pep Boys for my 99 PSD. It's the Haynes repair manual, and the pictures are good and descriptions seem to be pretty clear. I'll have to look in it about replacing injectors and see how it is. The Haynes manual is available online at most bookstores as well (Borders, Amazon, etc.). There are also a ton of repair manuals on CD-ROM on eBay, but there were so many choices when I looked, that I wasn't sure which one was better. I like the actual book better so I can locate the pages quickly.

Old 08-08-2003, 05:35 PM
f350xlt460
Elder User
Psd repair mauals

the place for the real deal is Helm. They sell the factory shop manuals, but for a price. For me, Haynes is good for keeping in the truck on the road, but for real shop work, you really need the factory shop manuals.

Old 08-09-2003, 07:38 PM
believer45
Posting Guru
Psd repair mauals

I agree with the Helms suggestion. I bought a factory CD set for all 1995 trucks and vans on eBay when I bought my truck three years ago and have not regretted it since. I paid $47 or so delivered and it contains everything. Once you get used to navigating the program it is easy to use.

They are available for far less now on eBay but watch for copies. Mine is a factory original CD.

Dave / Believer45