1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

help me to restart what my dad started

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 10:25 PM
awfulaggravated
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help me to restart what my dad started

This month ,actually this week 6 years ago i lost my dad, he was my best friend ,my best teacher,my role model,the very best i could ask for..unfortunately he passed away before we had a chance to finish the old Morbid66 ,1966 f100.after he passed i really didnt have any desire to anything but to close the garage door and just let it be, but 6 years is a long time ,i wanna finish it now,he wants me to finish it now and damn im gonna, the last i left ..i have about a 1/3 or less tank of REALLY old gas, i draind all the oill and trans is brand new i rebuilt ,didnt even put fluid in

I guess im just askin for a suggestion on start point..even a few words of inspiration, i kmow it may sound sappy but ill take all i can get if it helps me finish what my old man couldnt..thanks guys

Old 01-05-2016, 10:45 PM
IICAP
Senior User
Hey A A, Sorry bout the loss of your Dad. How about a couple pics of Ole Morbid and tell us a bit more about her. Whats the engine, the trans and if you don't know all, post the info from the data plate on the drivers door and someone will decipher it for you and tell you about what was in her when she was built and where. This place is loaded with support and guys that are willing to spread it. If you get motivated and have an electric fuel pump, see if you can hook it up and pump that old varnish out of that gas tank.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:30 AM
awfulaggravated
Junior User
Originally Posted by IICAP
Hey A A, Sorry bout the loss of your Dad. How about a couple pics of Ole Morbid and tell us a bit more about her. Whats the engine, the trans and if you don't know all, post the info from the data plate on the drivers door and someone will decipher it for you and tell you about what was in her when she was built and where. This place is loaded with support and guys that are willing to spread it. If you get motivated and have an electric fuel pump, see if you can hook it up and pump that old varnish out of that gas tank.
Thanks my brother, actually there are some pics on this site, morbid66, but a quick rundown, 68 429 thundwr jet punched 30 over, comp cam lifters, cloyes dbl roller, edelbrock intake,new at that time, holley 750 dbl pmp, i rewired the whole truck with ez wiring, ,right before my dad died i put in a freshly rebuilt c6 that my dad and i did, ..i bought a lokar column shifter and for the life of me cant figure that damn thing out to fit, i also bought an msd 6al ignition bix for it as well i got that all set..but starting thing going again ,alone..is tough..i have nobody to look for guidance, no one to tweek that and this just right..its tough..real tough..i guess thats why she's sat for 6 yrs

Old 01-06-2016, 10:24 AM
IICAP
Senior User
LOL, I guess the data plate info not necessary, You got a tire melter there that you an your Dad built. There plenty here who are into what you have there and were gonna see if they chime in.

I'm an ole fogie from the use and don't abuse crowd. Sorta stocker with some nice improvements.

So pretty much all I can do is, try an put a smile on your face an help you open the garage door. Besides, your Dad is wonderin what the heck is this kid waitin for!!! And we want a video of you takin her out and doing donuts with as you melt the tires.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:51 PM
awfulaggravated
Junior User
Originally Posted by IICAP
LOL, I guess the data plate info not necessary, You got a tire melter there that you an your Dad built. There plenty here who are into what you have there and were gonna see if they chime in.

I'm an ole fogie from the use and don't abuse crowd. Sorta stocker with some nice improvements.

So pretty much all I can do is, try an put a smile on your face an help you open the garage door. Besides, your Dad is wonderin what the heck is this kid waitin for!!! And we want a video of you takin her out and doing donuts with as you melt the tires.
I appreciate it and the kind words, this truck was the 2nd we built the 1st was a 1978 f150, my old man found it sitting in a guys backyard and twistedy arm to go look at it, besides i was driving around in a 1985 camaro as my 1st ride..did ok with the chics but not so much in the snow..so a 4x4 wasnt a bad idea..well when my old man showed me this 78..i thought he was nuts..thing looked like it was pulled out of a lake..guy wanted 1000 for it,i talked him down to 750 and he took with a smile..but i had big dreams and a small budget..so we basically started from front to back and top to bottom, had 7 inches lift 466 ci,c6 trans, 39 inch mickey thompsons ,beautiful updated version of fords late 70's paint scheme, That truck really came together ..really really nice,trophy winners and definitely a head turner..unfortunately due to health issues and a growing family of my own i sold.. (gave it away)..i kick myself for doing so..so when i had a chance to buy the 1966 i jumped on it and have been nickle and dime building it..time to get back at it..he deserves it.. i want to thank everyone for help in past ,in present and im sure future help..thanks folks,i mean it ..