The Official Camper Mod Thread ...... - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

The Official Camper Mod Thread ......

Old 12-27-2015, 09:31 AM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
The Official Camper Mod Thread ......

Lets see some changes you have made to make your camper work better for you !

Old 12-01-2018, 12:44 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
One of the first mods I did, was line my pass-through compartment with carpeted plywood. On the ceiling I used three sections of plywood so that I could get them through the compartment door. I used a spray adhesive to glue the indoor outdoor carpet to the plywood, then stapled the edges to the back side.

Had to leave an opening for the laundry chute..

Old 12-01-2018, 01:10 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
Not only did this make my pass-through look finished, it gave me something to screw into. I made and atteched a place to hang my two 100 watt solar panels from the cieling of the compartment to keep them up and out of my way.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:56 PM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Cool The first week

1. Memory Foam toppers on all beds
2. Secured the Main Television (four positions, instead of two) during transit
3. Add a towel hook in the bathroom
4. Had the dealer add the Stable Steps (I'm going to remove the OEM steps)
5. Had the dealer add a Slide-out topper
6. Had the dealer add the back-up camera to the TT
7. Tire Pressure Monitoring System transferred from the previous TT
8. Added a light under the galley sink
9. Placed Felt "dots" where the bathroom door touches the Bunk (when slide is open) and the top of the slide when the slide is retracted
10. Hook and Loop velcro for the TV remote in the Master

Not bad for the first week of ownership.

Next up: I'm installing the Airtabs tomorrow.

This isn't a mod but it's one of the best items I have found for quick in between cleanings. Shark Ion, and it wasn't the price listed.

Old 12-01-2018, 03:03 PM
seventyseven250
Post Fiend
seventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant future
IMASAP, that's a great modification, and something I might copy.

Old 12-01-2018, 03:16 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by seventyseven250 View Post
IMASAP, that's a great modification, and something I might copy.
More to come but my phone is giving me trouble.... will post more tonight.

Old 12-01-2018, 03:27 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
Bought a couple sections of K Rail and some hooks at Lowes. This is the stuff for organizing your garage. They have a soft basket for sports stuff... i hung one under my laundry chute to catch our dirty laundry. Handy since I can still use the space when traveling, and we can use it to carry the dirty laundry to the washing machine.

Old 12-01-2018, 03:34 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
Made some brackets to attach a few things to the back wall of the pass-through. Bottle jack, ladder, axe, and some other stuff.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:41 PM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Nice mods, Scott.

Show a pic of the laundry chute from above.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:10 PM
TCNashville
Senior User
TCNashville is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:21 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mecdac View Post
Nice mods, Scott.

Show a pic of the laundry chute from above.
I'll have to see if I have a pic from the top..... don't think I do. I'm thinking your new trailer has a laundry chute on the door side next to the bed ???

Old 12-02-2018, 07:22 AM
Hapycmpr
New User
Hapycmpr is starting off with a positive reputation.

Latest change; New tires (increased to "E", balanced too), new equalizer, and wet bolt kit. My Passport Elite 23RB rides so much better. Changed tires just in time, last trip home the Trailer Kings had developed a bad vibration (felt in the truck).

Old 12-02-2018, 04:58 PM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
Originally Posted by IMASAP View Post
I'll have to see if I have a pic from the top..... don't think I do. I'm thinking your new trailer has a laundry chute on the door side next to the bed ???
I checked, no laundry chute.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:56 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mecdac View Post
I checked, no laundry chute.
Hmm.... I woulda bet money on it. Perhaps it was the Cougar 34TSB we looked at that had it. They are very common in the Keystones with the master bed over the pass-through.

mecdac
Edit: Take a few minutes and watch this video. He actually shows the laundry chute in your trailer. See ?? I'm never wrong.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:33 AM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
Thumbs up Couple more items

I found these lights for dark corners and recesses. On the back are magnets, velcro or slots for a screw.

Wife found these RV Vent Pillows, they are less expensive from Wally World or the rain forest river place. If someone had basic sewing skills you could possibly save another $6.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Camper Mod Thread ......

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.