Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Best tie rod ends? Which is Which?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 12:17 AM
Anthony Polsinelli
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best tie rod ends? Which is Which?

I am confused as hell on which tie rod ends i need. I can take the truck apart and rebuild it from the ground up, but do not know what the parts are all called haha

I need both tie rod ends that run from the pitman arm down to the other tie rod that connects the 2 steering knuckles.

I was told to get moog by a friend, but did some research and am finding that they have lost some of their quality?

What would the best tie rod ends be? Yes i know this will probably be an opinion thing but there has to be a relatively common one..

Old 12-27-2015, 03:45 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
1-888-406-2330
Mon-Fri 8am-6pm

Support

Login

Cart (0)

Moog Suspension Parts

Home

Products

Search

Cart

MOOG MOOG_PACKAGEDEAL012 Front End Steering Pack

Moog_PackageDeal012 Front End Steering Pack

Front End Steering Pack

Manufacturer: MOOG

Part Number: Moog_PackageDeal012

Rating 11

Purchase

$686.55 - 5% Off Moog Package Deals - Save: $34.33
Price: $652.22

 Free Shipping! In Stock  Ships Immediately

 In The Box of moog_packagedeal012

 Suggested Parts 1

 Warranty Information

Ask us a Question

Details

Front End Steering Package Kit

A Package Deal that includes all the main steering parts for your vehicle made by Moog

Ford F250/F350 Super Duty 4WD 1999-2004

Includes:
•Front Lower Ball Joints - (Quantity 2)
•Front Upper Ball Joints - (Quantity 2)
•Front Tie Rod End at Pitman Arm - (Quantity 1)
•Front Tie Rod End at Right Hand Connecting Tie Rod - (Quantity 1)
•Front Outer Connecting Tie Rod End Passenger Side - (Quantity 1)
•Front Outer Tie Rod End Drivers Side - (Quantity 1)
•Tie Rod End Adjusting Sleeve at Pitman Arm - (Quantity 1)
•Tie Rod End Adjusting Sleeve Driver Side - (Quantity 1)

Footnotes
•One Set Will Cover the Left and Right Side

Description

Reviews 11 

Fitment

“ Replacing your OE parts with Moog's problem solver front end parts will give your Ford the performance and the dependability that you need.

Drew Taylor
Drew Taylor- DST Parts Guru

Moog Front End Steering Package Deal 012
Moog K80026
Frond end steering parts are vital to your suspension. If your truck is pulling, your tie rod end could be shot throwing of your alignment. If your front end is shaking or your steering wheel is loose, your ball joint might have failed. Identifying the correct ball joint alone can be a little tricky, so trying to find an entire steering package can be intimidating. But we here at Diverse Suspension Technologies, have taken the guesswork and difficulty out of the picture. This is Moog Package Deal 012: A complete front end steering pack for the Ford F250 and F350 SuperDuty from 1999-2004 4WD. If you have a 2WD Ford, we have a steering pack for you as well. For the Twin I Beam Axle there is 081 or for the Monobeam Axle there is 082. Replacing your OE parts with Moog's problem solver front end parts will give your Ford the performance and the dependability that you need.

Moog ES3423
Steering Parts Included

Moog Package Deal 012 has been created right here at DST and includes all of the front end steering parts for your Ford truck at a premium discount. Included in this kit are the front upper and lower ball joints for both the driver and passenger side. All four tie rods are included, along with the two tie rod end adjusting sleeves.

Moog K8607T
Moog's "Problem Solver" Ball Joints

The Problem Solver line is Moog's top line of parts. Through extensive research and engineering, these problem solver parts target factory original problems and provide a new part to outlast and outperform the OE part. Starting with the ball joints, we have the upper and lower ball joint for each side. Your ball joints are mounted in the control arm or spindle. Inside this part is a ball joint stud that swings to compensate for the up and down movement in your suspension. So your ball joint basically works simultaneously for the steering and suspension. Once your ball joint fails due to rust or factory defect, your truck will being to pull to either side, your steering wheel will have extra play, your front end will shake and your tires will wear prematurely and unevenly. So with all that being said, it is vital that you choose a replacement ball joint that is dependable. Moog's problem solver ball joints are just that, dependable.

Camaro Steering Linkage Designed to be greasable and using a hardened steel stud, these ball joints are both durable and easily servicable to ensure a long life. In addition to the increased durability, these ball joints use Moog's "gusher" bearing design, transferring vehicle loads through the ball joint and into the housing, reducing stress on the ball joint itself. Included with the ball joints are zerk grease fittings and neoprene dust boots to seal in grease and keep out harmful road contaminants.

Moog ES3427T
Tie Rod Ends

Also include in Package Deal 012 are all four tie rod ends you need. We have the front tie rod at the pitman arm, the tie rod end at the right hand connecting tie rod. Here is the front outer connecting tie rod for the passenger side, and the outer tie rod end for the driver side. The tie rod is a major pivot points in the steering system. Like the ball joints, the tie rod has a ball and socket design on one side that connects to the steering arm. When your steering wheel moves, this ball and socket allows the wheels to turn. With Moog's problem solver tie rod ends, you can ensure that your vehicle's steering ability is increased and stays dependable.

Moog ES3426S
Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeves

Lastly in the package are the two tie rod end adjusting sleeves, one on the driver side and one at the pitman arm. These sleeves are coated for corrosion resistance and are made of steel for durability. The adjusting sleeves join the tie rod ends to the steering linkage and allow your Ford to be aligned properly. All Moog Problem solver steering components are backed with a lifetime warranty handled in house at DST. If you have any questions be sure to give us a call or hit the live chat button.

Quick Links
•Car Parts
•Truck Parts
•Universal Parts
•Privacy Policy
•Frequently Asked Questions
•Parts Index
•Installation Instructions
•Dealer Inquiries
•Return Policy

Customer Comments

Your pricing and service was exceptional!...

Bob S

Contact Us

888-406-2330

Livechat Offline

 888-406-2330
Sales@Moog-Suspension-Parts.com
 2355 County Road 490
Stephenville, Texas 76401

Moog Trustmark

Moog-Suspension-Parts.com is Copyright ©2004-2015 Diverse Suspension Technologies. All Rights Reserved. Compliant Code

Old 12-27-2015, 03:53 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
Old 12-27-2015, 08:43 AM
Anthony Polsinelli
Senior User
So moog stuff is still the way to go?

Old 12-27-2015, 04:32 PM
El_Coqui
Senior User
I went with Moog also for my Excursion....seems like pretty good stuff. If you take all the parts and look them up individually on Amazon you can save yourself some cash....even more if you have Prime shipping

Old 12-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Anthony Polsinelli
Senior User
Got my moogs on order. as well as everything to throw in new battery wiring

Old 12-27-2015, 10:01 PM
derek0525
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went with these for my ball joints and tie rods
XRF Ford Truck Front End Kits | Front End Kits available from American Undercar
I put moog in the first time and they didn't last too long.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-27-2015, 11:14 PM
Anthony Polsinelli
Senior User
Originally Posted by derek0525
I went with these for my ball joints and tie rods
XRF Ford Truck Front End Kits | Front End Kits available from American Undercar
I put moog in the first time and they didn't last too long.
How long have you had those? still solid?

The million mile warranty is a cool idea. Moog offers the lifetime warranty as well though

Old 12-27-2015, 11:19 PM
derek0525
More Turbo
Only about 6 months so far but I have heard good reviews on them sounds like moog from what I have heard has kinda gone downhill but that's just hear say I know mine lasted about 3 years before they went bad ( ball joints ) my tie rod ends were still ok but figured to just do everything. I was going to go with moog again but after a search the XRF stuff had good reviews Moog was hit and miss.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:20 PM
Anthony Polsinelli
Senior User
it looks like the xrf stuff is cheaper too. Ill do that when i replace them next.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:29 PM
derek0525
More Turbo
I mean it's like any manufacturers they all have good and bad reviews so it's kind of a guessing game with what is the best. You could buy Dynatracs and they could go out a month later. I just figured I would try something else, but so far they seem decent.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:26 PM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
I've had my XRFs for 22 months and 38K miles and still doing great.

Prior to that I had Moogs and they lasted 4 1/2 years and 66K miles. Not a bad life considering the amount of off-roading I do (when I took them out three of them were shot). I read some hit and miss comments when I was shopping around for more Moogs so I went the XRF route. I've been very happy with them.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-28-2015, 06:33 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I rebuilt my front end I had did a lot of research and I found the only guys having issues with Moogs tie rod ends were guys that played off road and were running over sized tires. Now when it came to ball joints the Moog's weren't holding up even on stock trucks that only run on the street. So there are many different factors that can play a roll in how long a part can hold up.

My truck had 199k when I went to rebuild the front end and all tie rod ends and center link looked to be OEM but the ball joints had been replaced with Moogs and 3 out of 4 were bad. So I replaced all tie rods & center link with Moogs "Problem Solver" parts and I used XFR ball joints. I only have about 15k on the front end so I can't say how long they will last. But since I drive like an old man and do mostly highway miles I hope not to have an issue for at least 100k.
Fingers crossed !!

Old 12-29-2015, 05:24 PM
Anthony Polsinelli
Senior User
I do occassionally go offroad and do abuse my suspension when i do i dont run to hard. i run 33in tires. I got one of my ends today and the other comes tomorrow. seems pretty solid from looks.

Old 04-06-2024, 10:06 AM
fordtruckrodder
Tuned
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Anthony Polsinelli
How long have you had those? still solid?

The million mile warranty is a cool idea. Moog offers the lifetime warranty as well though
Their warranty is misleading. I replaced all the steering components with XRF a little over 2 years ago and the tie rod end is worn out. I called and they told me that those parts are not covered under warranty due to wear and tear, in 2 years there is not that much wear and tear on a ball and socket.

Quick Reply: Best tie rod ends? Which is Which?