Poll Test - '81 Door Locks & Turn Signals - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

View Poll Results: What color are your turn signal lenses, and what type of door locks do you have?
Clear lenses and slider locks 1 4.76%
Clear lenses and pin-style locks 0 0%
Amber lenses and slider locks 12 57.14%
Amber lenses and pin-style locks 8 38.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Poll Test - '81 Door Locks & Turn Signals

Old 12-19-2015, 09:26 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.
Poll Test - '81 Door Locks & Turn Signals

This poll is an attempt to figure out when, or if, the 1981 trucks converted from slide locks to pin-style locks. And, pushing things a bit, at the same time trying to figure out when the turn signals became amber.

If you have a 1981 truck and know what style locks it originally came with please vote in the poll. Ditto on the turn signal lenses - if you know what color your 1981 truck came with please vote. And then post a picture of your certification label showing when and where the truck was made. (I can figure out the "where" from the Cert label.)

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to document these trucks as best I can, and your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:56 PM
Senior User

SpencerS is starting off with a positive reputation.
I kinda messed up, and voted before reading the post, my truck doesn't qualify. So subtract one vote from the "amber lenses and slider locks". Sorry bout that
Old 12-19-2015, 09:59 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.
So, do you have slider locks?
Old 12-19-2015, 10:27 PM
Senior User

i think so, they are just little metal posts that can be pushed into the door. they dont have any part you can really grab
Old 12-19-2015, 10:37 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

For clarification, slider locks are like the maroon one on the door panel below, and you push them forward or backwards. Pin style locks ar the ones that come through the top of the door panel and you pull them up or push them down.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:04 PM
Senior User

FordPUMan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.FordPUMan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Gary, here is a copy of my cert. label. I can take another pic tomorrow if this one isn't clear. I voted in the poll. I have amber lenses and pin locks.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:07 PM
Senior User

I didn't even know those types of locks were on these trucks! i most definitely have pin style locks
Old 12-20-2015, 06:20 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Thank you, FordPUMan. Exactly what I am looking for, although not what I expected.

All - Please vote if, and only if, you have an '81 Ford pickup.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:14 AM
Senior User

tree medics is starting off with a positive reputation.
Gary, here are my pictures.

Pat
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2015, 07:25 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Pat - Thanks! Perfect. An Explorer, huh. I'll bet you are the one from the frozen north that's been perusing the page on my site regarding 1981 Explorers. Hope it had some new info for you.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:28 AM
Senior User

No I haven't, but I will now. Thanks Gary.

Pat
Old 12-20-2015, 07:29 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Old 12-20-2015, 08:24 AM
Junior User

mastech08 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Amber lenses and pin type lock that comes out the top of the door panel
Old 12-20-2015, 08:33 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastech08 View Post
Amber lenses and pin type lock that comes out the top of the door panel
Please post a pic of the Certification label from the door post as I can't use the info until I know the manufactured date and plant, which are on the label. But, thanks in advance.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis View Post
Wow! Gary you have done a tremendous amount of work. Great job. This is very helpful for me.