Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Let's get together 22, 23, 24 August in Auburn, IN

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 06:01 PM
likethetruck
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like to get together, let's do it 22-24 August in Auburn, IN.

We can do a "mom and pop" kind of truck show, talk about officers, and goals... and compare notes about "the best selling trucks in America."

With several state parks with camping, hotels, museums, and good food in Garrett and Auburn... there would be something for the whole family. And if your spouse isn't in to trucks like "us", there is always the outlet mall up north, or several antique malls in the local towns -- to include Fort Wayne.

Camping, boating, and just driving in the country are yours for the taking and enjoyment -- sounds like an ad for Michigan (lol).

E-mail me if you are interested off line and I'll get some more information together for those that are outside the Auburn/Northeast Indiana area.

For starters, lets meet at 0900, 9am National Guard time, in the Kruse Automotive Museum's parking lot -- just take I69 to exit 126 and head west, you will see it on the northwest side of the interstate.

I'm from Fort Wayne, work in Garrett, and the third owner of my '92.... but my first was a '77, F150, with flares and a farmer's eight foot bed out back (maybe the current owner still has it and will come along... it was sold thru Bob Jackson's in New Haven as a trade-in).

Old 07-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Indiana Trucker
Senior User

That doesn't sound too bad. In fact they also have the old truck museum in the ACD building. That would be cool too.

I will have to check my calendar. I think that is the weekend I am going to Wisconsin to pick up my truck.

Bill

Old 07-16-2003, 01:17 AM
likethetruck
Freshman User

Bill,

Yeah, I thought going to Kruse would be easier to find, and then hit the Truck Musueum in Auburn, next to the ACD.... but I haven't checked the hours there - and if anything was happening on their property.

And the dates I picked were between the Antique Power and Tractor show at New Haven and the ACD Festival Labor Day... plus, my vacation expires about that time, too.

Let me know, so far you are the only one to reply on getting together as a group.

This past weekend there was a Porche group at Kruse, I drove by and didn't stop due to just getting off work... it was fairly large group. I think we could do better.

Branko

Old 07-16-2003, 02:29 AM
Indiana Trucker
Senior User

Branko,

I figured that is why you picked to meet a Kruses. Makes a lot of sense since it is right off the interstate. The date makes sense too.

I am supposed to go to the Masonic home festival on the 24th in Franklin, IN. I am not even sure if I am going to make that yet. Man, it seems like everything is happening in August.

Hopefully, If not everyone can make it to this one this will be a first in a long line of get togethers. Who knows. Maybe even a Christmas party. (I know where we can get a hall for free as long as we arrange the food with them)

Bill

Old 07-22-2003, 02:00 AM
likethetruck
Freshman User

Since there was only one reply, besides myself, I've decided to back off trying to get the first meeting of the Indiana Chapter in Auburn during the 23-25 August weekend.

With short notice, and the end of summer near at hand, this was a good idea, but not the right timing.

So for all those that read this message, thanks for the interest.

Perhaps we can get together next summer, following the winter of being held up in our homes and three feet of snow in our drive ways.

Think about Indy next year, White Waters State Park, or Eagle Park on the northwest side of the city... either would be half way from anywhere instead of all the way across the state to Auburn.

I'm interested in doing something, so keep in touch.

Remember the ACD Festival is coming up, a great way to see some old trucks and cycles (I drive a Beemer twin air cool). Perhaps I'll see you there.

Old 07-23-2003, 06:50 AM
snowfighter
Elder User

I live in Indy, if I can be of any help let me know.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:55 AM
likethetruck
Freshman User

Well, this sounds like a winter project for the spring of 2004.

OK, so there are two of us in the North, one in Central, now who's in the South.....

Let's hear from you guys and gals down South for some support in making this Indiana Chapter happen.

What I would look for is having some kind of road trip to Indy and meet at a local restraurant (Denny's, IHOP, or downtown on the Circle), after Labor Day -- so as to keep any pressure off from making a committment on short notice.

If YOU are interested - snow fighter, Indiana Trucker, and my fellow Ford Truck owners (to include those little Bronco II's that my wife likes so much) - send a reply.

OH, and if you can't make a weekend "meeting of the minds", I'm good for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday as a general rule -- I just need an advance notice to reschedule my off day from work.

Thanks for the replies, looking forward to more of the same.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:24 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru

Indy has some good car shows. Wouldn't mind meating up at one of them sometime.

Old 07-25-2003, 09:07 AM
snowfighter
Elder User

I'm in. There are others that we need to contact about it I think they will like to be involved.

Old 07-25-2003, 09:18 AM
snowfighter
Elder User

Just had a Thought the big 4x4 show is Sept 19,20,and the 21 here at the fair grounds I will be showing my truck at that event. If you all want to meet then and go to the show they have a big swap meet and monster trucks.

Old 07-26-2003, 04:52 PM
Dough01
Senior User

I wouldnt mind jumpin even though Im on the IL side LoL ... NOT BY MUCH THOUGH ... lemme know what is gonna happen

Old 07-31-2003, 11:38 PM
77monster
Senior User

hi im new here but i seen your looking for someone in southeren in that would be me petersburg theres the pike co state forest here that we can camp at and for the wife there is jasper witch is 20 min. away with wallmart and alot of other stores also washington is about 10 min away smaller town but plent of storesid love to attend but northen in is alful far for me

Old 08-03-2003, 02:58 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User

Originally posted by snow fighter
Just had a Thought the big 4x4 show is Sept 19,20,and the 21 here at the fair grounds I will be showing my truck at that event. If you all want to meet then and go to the show they have a big swap meet and monster trucks.
Snowfighter: Now that sounds like a good idea, I am planning on going to the show and maybe we can get a few of us together. Any ideas??

Indiana Trucker: I read in one of your post that you are a truck driver, who do you drive for?? I am also a truck driver, for USF Holland! I go through your city at least 3 times a week coming from our Ft. Wayne terminal to the South Bend terminal, After 33 years on the road maybe we have met at one time !!

Workin for the weekend,
Lenny

Old 08-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Indiana Trucker
Senior User

Originally posted by Streetcruzer
Indiana Trucker: I read in one of your post that you are a truck driver, who do you drive for?? I am also a truck driver, for USF Holland! I go through your city at least 3 times a week coming from our Ft. Wayne terminal to the South Bend terminal, After 33 years on the road maybe we have met at one time !!
Lenny
Lenny,

I drive for FedEx custom Critical. I do expedited freight. I am usually gone for 3 weeks a month. I drive a 24 foot straight truck. (Kenworth)

Old 08-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Dough01
Senior User

You break em I fix em .. LoL

Quick Reply: Let's get together 22, 23, 24 August in Auburn, IN