1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Help with turn signal/brake light connections at the column

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Nate66stepside
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with turn signal/brake light connections at the column

I've tried searching this but can't find anything that lists the same color wires that I have coming out of a 76 truck column (automatic shift on the column) I swapped into my 66 when I converted it to power steering. The truck has been recently re-wired front to back with an EZ-Wiring harness where every wire is labeled, so my problem is not with matching up to the correct wires on the harness side, just needing to know what colors are what coming out of the column. Here is a list of the colors I have (second color = stripe) and how I have them connected. The way it is now every thing works except I only get brake light on the right side and it doesn't work if the right turn signal is on. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday trying various combinations but it seems like there are too many possibilities with some connections working for one thing but preventing something else from working correctly. Also I'm not using the hazard lights wire on the harness and horn wire hooked up else where. Please help, wiring is my nemesis.

Column side --> Harness side
White/blue to right front signal + right indicator
Green/black to left front signal + left indicator
Green to right rear turn
Green/white to left rear turn
Red/black to stop switch
Blue to Turn flasher
Blue/yellow not used
White/red not used
Blue/red not used

Old 11-16-2015, 07:30 PM
SuperSabre
Laughing Gas
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a Chilton manual that includes the '76 F-Series wiring diagram. It has some differences to what you've described. I will put down what the manual says and hope it may be of some use to you. Right Front park/turn signal lights = white/blue. Left Front park/turn lights = green/white. Right Rear stop/turn lights = green. Left Rear stop/turn lights = light blue/black. Stop light switch to turn signal switch = red/black. Stop light switch to circuit breaker = red/white. Turn signal flasher to turn signal switch = blue. Turn signal flasher to circuit breaker = orange/yellow. Hope this helps.