LETS SEE YOUR 67 TO 72 PICK UP - Page 69 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

LETS SEE YOUR 67 TO 72 PICK UP

Old 04-02-2018, 07:38 PM
lakequ
Senior User
lakequ is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by dkj313 View Post
That's awesome that's a truck. Interested in that radio if you ever decide to let it go... let me know thanks
where are you located at? i am parting the truck out but i do not ship parts

Old 04-02-2018, 07:42 PM
dkj313
Senior User
dkj313 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by lakequ View Post
where are you located at? i am parting the truck out but i do not ship parts
Rochester, N.Y. sure wish you did

Old 06-02-2018, 10:06 AM
Geoff Inscho
New User
Geoff Inscho is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by JumpinJim View Post
Baja,
Those are control cables for the Warn winch. There is nothing fancy about my hood release I would guess that it is just like yours- pull the lever under the front of the hood and lift it open.

And that is my parking brake lever on the left side of the steering column- I looked everywhere for another like mine and never found one. I am missing some kind of a **** or something on the end, I never saw it, it was missing when I acquired this pickup years ago. Have you ever seen one like this?
I looked all over the internet; it has this part number C7TA-2A711-A.

Jim
JumpinJim
I would love some info on your lift and tire size/rim specs. Its a drop dead gorgeous truck! Maybe even some more photos 😁
thanks jeff

Old 06-03-2018, 12:00 PM
JumpinJim
New User
JumpinJim is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Geoff Inscho View Post
JumpinJim
I would love some info on your lift and tire size/rim specs. Its a drop dead gorgeous truck! Maybe even some more photos 😁
thanks jeff
Jeff,
Glad you like my beat-up old pick-up- kidding aside, I'm happy you like my truck. I will be replacing my old Gateway 38" 10.50x16's that have been on my truck for a very long 40 years!
I have them mounted on the original 16" split rims. I bought these new from Dick Cypek and they no longer carry them but Summit sells them today under the name; Coker Tire. Mine have gotten very hard
and out of round. I am going to a set of older Ford one piece 16x6" rims with a little bit shorter tire, 900x16 also available from Summit.
My truck has all original suspension, I did have my springs re-arched a long time ago and I have an AirLift air spring between my front springs and the frame.
My latest upgrade to my truck is the addition of a 427 side oiler, I have had this NOS block for quite a few years and last year decided that "I think I'll put that in my pick-up" so out came the 390.
A year ago, I shipped the block, 428 crank and Lamans rods to Barry Robotnick at Survival Motorsports and had him assemble the short block. I bought a set of his Survival cylinder heads and had him install the roller cam.
I haven't driven but a couple of times since I have been busy trying to get my Holley carb, off of my 390, to work with this new engine. I am using an Innovate hand-held Air/Fuel gauge for tuning.
Jim

Old 06-12-2018, 07:45 PM
JEFFFAFA
Post Fiend
JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by JumpinJim View Post
Jeff,
Glad you like my beat-up old pick-up- kidding aside, I'm happy you like my truck. I will be replacing my old Gateway 38" 10.50x16's that have been on my truck for a very long 40 years!
I have them mounted on the original 16" split rims. I bought these new from Dick Cypek and they no longer carry them but Summit sells them today under the name; Coker Tire. Mine have gotten very hard
and out of round. I am going to a set of older Ford one piece 16x6" rims with a little bit shorter tire, 900x16 also available from Summit.
My truck has all original suspension, I did have my springs re-arched a long time ago and I have an AirLift air spring between my front springs and the frame.
My latest upgrade to my truck is the addition of a 427 side oiler, I have had this NOS block for quite a few years and last year decided that "I think I'll put that in my pick-up" so out came the 390.
A year ago, I shipped the block, 428 crank and Lamans rods to Barry Robotnick at Survival Motorsports and had him assemble the short block. I bought a set of his Survival cylinder heads and had him install the roller cam.
I haven't driven but a couple of times since I have been busy trying to get my Holley carb, off of my 390, to work with this new engine. I am using an Innovate hand-held Air/Fuel gauge for tuning.
Jim
I am guessing that is a list number 4779 double pumper 750. Which has one full vacuum and one venture vacuum port for the Dizzy. Is that aftermarket Dizzy curved for full or timed vacuum going to the vacuum advance? You should get the timing and the Dizzy's curve right before tweaking the last bit of power out of the jets choice. If it is a 4779 they came with 71's in the front and 80's in the back. Which sounds good to me depending on your altitude, compression ratio, cam, exhaust system, A/T or M/T, quality of gasoline used, etc.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:56 PM
bajafishnut
Posting Guru
bajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to behold
Very NICE with 5***** on the engine... clean install and clean routing of wiring, hoses, and lines... Love the entire look... especially the full engine compartment...

Baja

Old 06-14-2018, 01:20 AM
68AZ
New User
68AZ is starting off with a positive reputation.
My current starting point.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:09 AM
Yellowfordredhood
New User
Yellowfordredhood is starting off with a positive reputation.
My bog truck

Old 06-14-2018, 07:11 AM
Yellowfordredhood
New User
Yellowfordredhood is starting off with a positive reputation.
Gettin dirty

Old 06-14-2018, 09:17 AM
keatoma2
New User
keatoma2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
72 Hiboy 4x4

My latest project. 72 Hiboy 4x4. It's a fairly solid truck.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:39 PM
fordbuddy79
Senior User
fordbuddy79 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fordbuddy79 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

All awesome rigs.Here's mine.Not quite a pick up,but hope it's ok...

Old 06-14-2018, 09:53 PM
whiskey runner
Post Fiend
whiskey runner has a good reputation on FTE.whiskey runner has a good reputation on FTE.whiskey runner has a good reputation on FTE.
love seeing the old fords work... pretty has its place.. but that look of getting the job done is better in my opinion..

Old 06-16-2018, 03:32 AM
SoCal69
Junior User
SoCal69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
69 250 CS 390 C6

Man these are some sharp rides I just spent some time doing a over my Buget build it took long I had issues still not done still broke but Everytime I drive it I think it was worth it ....specs 69 CS

Riding on squares 1971 date coded bias plys .....
rebuilt 390 & C/6 500 cfm Holly 2bbl. Comp 265 dual energy cam Flexilite Black magic elec fan soon to put on Patriot headers , basics new brakes ,susp ,tires , u joints etc etc

Old 06-18-2018, 10:55 PM
fordbuddy79
Senior User
fordbuddy79 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fordbuddy79 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by whiskey runner View Post
love seeing the old fords work... pretty has its place.. but that look of getting the job done is better in my opinion..
Plenty more,

Old 06-19-2018, 02:14 AM
whiskey runner
Post Fiend
whiskey runner has a good reputation on FTE.whiskey runner has a good reputation on FTE.whiskey runner has a good reputation on FTE.
thats what i am talking about...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LETS SEE YOUR 67 TO 72 PICK UP

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.