Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Ford trucks don't last.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:15 PM
Flea
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford trucks don't last.

Shocked at Ford Customer service. No reason as to why a 2012 F-150 running 3,000 mile oil changes with full synthetic Motorcraft and motorcraft filters, with no signs and symptoms of damage, sludge had a broken connecting rod that spontaneously broke.

Ford doesn't know why and is happen say they have no clue but offer to help me spend more money on a new truck.

I have had multiple 7.3L powerstrokes with great success. It is clear Ford doesn't produce the same truck that is on the commercial as it offers its customers.
Hearbroken that I know have to work on getting a reliable truck when I thought I had one.

If those of us in healthcare did our jobs like Ford does a lot more folks would die.

Just a warning that you might want to consider selling off your Ford if the engine is nearing 100,000 miles. Mine broke at 101,000. Never towed with it.

Done with Ford. #Oilleakers #Liars #ChevyTrucksAreReliable

Old 10-20-2015, 09:16 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
So it sounds to me that you didn't take out and extended warranty on the truck in question. And yet that is Fords fault. Come on!!! Even if Ford offered a 100,000 mile warranty on these engines, you'd still be SOL. Unfortunately things happen that can't be controlled. That's life. Get over it. But here's the big question. What cause the rod to break? There are many things that can cause this. Anything from manufacturer error to pure unadulterated abuse and neglect. And as far getting a "good truck" is concerned, if everything else is good tight with the truck. Why not put another engine is it and call it good? If you think Chevy or any other manufacturer for that matter makes trucks and cars that never break, you are sadly mistaken.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:35 PM
Flea
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manufacturer QA. Obviously Ford's QA is less than others. Chevy while may not have the best torque and HP numbers to last in general and have an overall higher dependability rating. So not mistaken my friend I think you are in for a surprise and I am just warning you.

If you had over heating issues, lack of oil change issues you would see it on the pistons and sludge in the valleys etc. None of this was identified. I did take out a warranty.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:06 AM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

Received 519 Likes on 398 Posts
I haven't posted on these forums in a long time but this thread got my attention. My 2012 5.0 has 97,xxx miles currently and is also awaiting an engine replacement. I understand your frustration I really do. I ultimately had one dealership refuse to look at the truck and had to spend my money to have the truck towed to my selling dealer.

The truck is on hold awaiting ford inspection. I also have an ESP on this truck but the amount of frustration this time around is insane . Ultimately everything mechanical can and will fail at some point. It just boils down to the service to put it back on the road. I am also in the health care industry, I am no surgeon but when critical repairs are needed and I am late or unable to do my job thats a problem. For now I have to wait this out and see how Ford handles this. I wish you luck.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:25 AM
Frdtrkrul
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Well that is a real bummer. Could just be the one that was built on Friday just before the horn was going off. Or could have been something inherently wrong with that rod before it broke. I won't bash Ford but this can be and is frustrating to deal with, especially when you do everything right and it just doesn't last. QC is kind of down with a lot of companies especially when things get a lot more complex then you start running into way more issues than what you use to have to deal with.

But I'd never trust a GM vehicle as far as I can throw it. They rust out faster than Fords do.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:32 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,217 Likes on 800 Posts
Originally Posted by Flea
Shocked at Ford Customer service. No reason as to why a 2012 F-150 running 3,000 mile oil changes with full synthetic Motorcraft and motorcraft filters, with no signs and symptoms of damage, sludge had a broken connecting rod that spontaneously broke.

Ford doesn't know why and is happen say they have no clue but offer to help me spend more money on a new truck.

I have had multiple 7.3L powerstrokes with great success. It is clear Ford doesn't produce the same truck that is on the commercial as it offers its customers.
Hearbroken that I know have to work on getting a reliable truck when I thought I had one.

If those of us in healthcare did our jobs like Ford does a lot more folks would die.

Just a warning that you might want to consider selling off your Ford if the engine is nearing 100,000 miles. Mine broke at 101,000. Never towed with it.

Done with Ford. #Oilleakers #Liars #ChevyTrucksAreReliable
I think you posted about this in another thread? Which engine does your truck have?

Old 10-21-2015, 09:27 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Very interesting, two engine failures right around 100,000 miles.

Not wanting to get into the brand bashing thing, but Car and Driver would disagree after blowing the engines on four GM vehicles over the course of a year. And they just reduced their powertrain warranty to 60,000 miles.

Chevy, GMC Powertrain Warranties Get 40,000 Miles Shorter ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Don't want to change the topic, just illustrate that all brands have issues.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:10 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ford390gashog
I haven't posted on these forums in a long time but this thread got my attention. My 2012 5.0 has 97,xxx miles currently and is also awaiting an engine replacement. I understand your frustration I really do. I ultimately had one dealership refuse to look at the truck and had to spend my money to have the truck towed to my selling dealer...
Hi ford390gashog,

I got your PM this morning and sent you a reply. Let's see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Old 10-21-2015, 05:20 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,217 Likes on 800 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom
Very interesting, two engine failures right around 100,000 miles.

Not wanting to get into the brand bashing thing, but Car and Driver would disagree after blowing the engines on four GM vehicles over the course of a year. And they just reduced their powertrain warranty to 60,000 miles.

Chevy, GMC Powertrain Warranties Get 40,000 Miles Shorter ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Don't want to change the topic, just illustrate that all brands have issues.
Nice to see that Ford isn't the only car builder around that suffers from it's own arrogance.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:20 PM
eriebasin
Senior User
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Frdtrkrul
But I'd never trust a GM vehicle as far as I can throw it.
Not to mention GM's super-slow response, bordering on questionable legal and moral behavior, to the safety recalls on the stability control and faulty ignitions.

I will never trust them again. Probably not VW anymore either.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:19 PM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 456 Likes on 310 Posts
Below is a list of all the mechanical things that never fail:

Old 10-21-2015, 10:48 PM
Frdtrkrul
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by eriebasin
Not to mention GM's super-slow response, bordering on questionable legal and moral behavior, to the safety recalls on the stability control and faulty ignitions.

I will never trust them again. Probably not VW anymore either.
Least VW doesn't have a major concern. I'll write the diesel smog thing as a poor decision that doesn't have major safety concerns unlike the GM ignition recall.

Really hope Ford and GM gets their crap together when they release the 10 speed autos next year. Imagine the crap storm that'll arise from that when they've had the last few years to get it right and its plagued with issues.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:17 PM
eriebasin
Senior User
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Frdtrkrul
Least VW doesn't have a major concern. I'll write the diesel smog thing as a poor decision that doesn't have major safety concerns unlike the GM ignition recall.
Agreed! I'll also admit it took "testicular fortitude" to pull that stunt!

Old 10-22-2015, 09:49 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 250 Likes on 177 Posts
Try a chevy for a year.
Then you will find out how badly made a pickup can be.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:00 PM
bruno2
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A buddy of mine has a 2012 F250 with the diesel. He lost his motor right before the 100K mark. He had the ESP luckily, but a diesel seeing less then 100K before blowing up is totally unacceptable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford trucks don't last.