Rapid-Heat Supplemental Cab Heater - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Rapid-Heat Supplemental Cab Heater

Old 10-18-2015, 07:26 PM
Good listener
Senior User
Good listener is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Good listener is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Rapid-Heat Supplemental Cab Heater

I have had my 2015 F 250 Lariat since March. I didn't pay a lot of attention to howl long it took to get heat in the cab, I just thought the motor was warming quickly. Now that the weather has turned colder into the 30's, I definitely notice heated air coming from the vents after driving only a few blocks. I have a 6.2 and the temp gauge hasn't even moved when the heat is flowing. I wonder if they put a Rapid-Heat Supplemental Cab Heater in my truck. I thought they were only for Power Stroke equipped models. I didn't think they were part of the Cold weather package. Has anyone else noticed this?

Old 10-18-2015, 07:41 PM
squabbdaddy
New User
squabbdaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
block heater

My truck heats up fast as well. My dad and granddad always said ford had the best heaters. I am thinking of putting a block heater in my truck to keep the coolant warm. I need at least 120 degrees to use my cargo heater. Has any one done this to heat the cargo box? I thought I would wire in a small circulator that runs when the block heater is plugged in. The warm coolant would run through the heat exchanger in the cargo box. Although I love my new truck it will jar you teeth loose on a bumpy road. I was thinking of an auxiliary heat source but I think it would soon be shaken apart.
Any input would be a great help.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:49 PM
Good listener
Senior User
Good listener is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Good listener is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My truck was built in February. I found this list of additions to 2016:

Changes for the 2016 F-Series Super Duty include:
• Available rearview camera and prep kit (requires pickup box-delete)
• Available four-corner LED warning strobe light kit (fleet vehicles only; requires center highmounted
stop light)
• Standard rapid-heat supplemental cab heater in cold-weather states
Is there any way to tell if this was installed in the late model year?

Old 10-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Chuck's First Ford
Postmaster
Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
I purchased my 2012 in July of this year...

and mine does heat UP quick... 3 blocks.. and temp gauge still on Cold...

my Dodge took 8 miles to get heat...