HANK's 4x4 Jambo (Illinois)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 04:20 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dgodude
I stopped by Atttitude Performance yesterday, and saw that truck. Matt said it has a custom 24 in lift, and they were trying to put 49 in tires , but the 46 inchers got their first. I park next to that truck, and the top of my truck (8 in lift w/ 38 super swampers),was level to the door handle of that truck. Also I asked Matt how much $$$ it is to do all that work, he said its about $30,000. Too much for me. Nice truck though.

Roger

Roger,

Thanks for the info. Do you know if it did have the Dynatrac SD combo on it?? Your truck height up to the door handles gives me a good idea of just how massive the thing is. $30k hmmm........................I need to open me up a shop .

Did Matt do the install of your lift??

I'll have to call Matt next week and see if he still has it if I can check it out .

Old 08-30-2003, 04:22 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend

Originally posted by MrRottnDog
DC,

Here's a link to one of the threads going on at CTS about this superduty. Thread on KatieBabes Superduty

The guy with the maroon Dodge with the ghost flames parked next to me at Hanks is also a member of CTS and told be about her SD being done by Attitude.

Thanks for the link. I wish I had three family members that were cops and not obey the frame and bumper height laws. That trucks isn't even close to the 30" bumper height. I have a cousin that's a Rockford cop.......I don't think he could do much for me though.

Old 08-30-2003, 05:55 PM
dgodude
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DCSpecial,
Yes Matt put the lift on my F250 about 2 months ago, and he will be doing some future mods. He does a good job.
In refernce to the Dynatrac combo on that truck, I couldn't tell you cause I dont know nothing about mechanics I just drive them.

It was my first time going to a Jamboree last Saturday it was pretty cool!! Next weekend I'm going to the Badlands.

About the 30 inch bumper law, I'm a cop in one of the suburbs and talking to a couple friends that are State Troopers, most of them really dont care how tall your truck is as long as you dont get into a motor vehicle accident were somebody gets injured or killed, thats when the max 30 in law would apply!!!!!

ROGER

Old 08-30-2003, 06:04 PM
dgodude
Junior User

.......by the way I spent about 20 minutes looking and takin pictures of your Xcursion MrRottndog, just to give me ideas about future mods for my F250.
You have an awesome X, John.

Roger

Old 08-30-2003, 06:14 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend

Roger,

What other mods do you have planned for your truck?

I've heard that the Badlands are fun. Hopefully I'll have my SD done for next year and we could head over there.

I do see alot of trucks that are over the legal bumper or frame height here (Lake County). I know that most of them don't really get bothered by the police. It is the whole serious injury or death thing that has me hesitant with going over the legal height. I should be at the limit or a tad above it with what I am thinking of doing if the front blocker beam can be called part of the frame.........it is an OE piece that does connect the two frame rails and it's purpose I think is to give you a stronger front end and help to prevent cars from going underneath you.
Although, I talked to a guy with a 8" Skyjacker with 38" PJs on 16.5x12 wheels and he got pulled over and the cop said he stopped him because he was too high, the tires stuck out too far, and he didn't have mud flaps............I think that was in Hebron but I could be mistaken.......I'm not sure if he was issued a ticket or let off with a warning. He did say that the officer was aggrevated that it was raining and dark and that he had to be on the pavement measuring his truck though.

Dan

Old 08-30-2003, 08:11 PM
dgodude
Junior User

Dan,
Hebron??? Where the heck is that? We don't have time to mess w/ big trucks in Cook County, we have better things to do.
I dont know if all lift kits come w/ the frony blocker bar, mine did.
I have the 5.5in Fabtech lift w/ the fabtech 3.5 in spring hanger kit in the front, 8 in fabtech lift w/ a block in the rear and 38/15.5/16.5 Super Swamper TSL radials, 16.5x9.75 Eagle Alloys.
The bottom of my rear bumper to the ground measures about 31 inches.
I also have 4.88 gears which my buddy clocked me on radar going 69 mph, when my speedometer showed 60mph.
Do you know if I'll hurt my truck if I dont fix the speedometer?

My wife is getting me a 3in body lift and some exterior parts for my b-day in October, and hopefully I'll get some headers for X-mas.
Next summer I'll get a supercharger install, I haven't decided which one yet.

Roger

Old 08-30-2003, 08:41 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

I don't think you'll hurt anything! At least you know how much it is off. I run 4.56 gears in the eXcursion with the 39" Mickey's. I have a Garmin GPS so I know my speedometer is about 6 MPH off.
One of these days I'll pop for the superlift tru-speed.

Either of you guys going to INDY?

Old 08-30-2003, 08:47 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend

Roger,

Hebron is over in McHenry County (I'm pretty sure). Another buddy of mine with a F-350 with a 8" Edge and 37" X-terrains got pulled over in McHenry and the cop said he had a whole bunch of violations but only gave him a ticket for no front plate.

Sounds like you're over the bumper height now.............and definitely over the bumper height when the body lift is installed .

I don't know if not correctly the speedo will hurt anything. I do know that if you have the Superlift Truspeed installed it will correct your speedo and shift points though. Not too much money either.....I know it's less than $200 but can't remember the exact price.

Sounds like you'll have a real nice truck when it's all done.....do you plan to increase tire size with the body lift too??

Dan

Old 08-30-2003, 08:50 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend

John,

Not sure if I can go to Indy or not......all depends on work. I definitely would love to go and check out all the trucks there. What are the dates again??

Dan

Old 08-30-2003, 08:58 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

It's the 19th through the 22nd. of September. I'll me going down on Thursday the 18th. If your just attending for a day... Saturday is the day to come. Thats the day you are judged in the show and shine so the most trucks are there then. Although there will be more trucks than you'll have time to walk around and see any of the days. Not to mention there will be the usual mud racing, 10 Monster Trucks this year and Rock Crawling.

Old 08-30-2003, 09:02 PM
dgodude
Junior User

I wont be able to make to Indy. I have a rotating schedule at work and get 2 weekends off in a row, every 6 weeks. I'm off this and next weekend and then have to wait 4 more weeks for weekends off.
Dan, I'll be keeping those tires until they are done and then I'll get the PJ's.
As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures here I'll post my truck pictures. I barely know how to use the internet. Im not computer inclined.

Roger

Old 08-30-2003, 09:08 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

dgodude,

Select galleries from the top right of this screen.
Then select Manage your gallery.
You will then be able to create an album in your gallery and upload pictures from your computer into it.
If you need help just holler!

Old 08-30-2003, 09:11 PM
dgodude
Junior User

Thanks, John
Roger

Old 08-30-2003, 09:11 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend

Yeah, Rottn helped me to setup my gallery. I'm pretty slow when it comes to computers........can't even figure out to change the sender on my email account........

Old 09-09-2003, 12:26 PM
dgodude
Junior User

Well, just got back from the Badlands today. It's was awesome even though there weren't many trucks out there. I met up with a group of jeeps, and had to show a couple of them how to climb the rock quaries.
Too bad I broke my running boards climbing the rocks, but I made it to the top. Oh, well I was thinking of getting the Kodiak sidewinders steps anyways!!!
Can't wait 'till the next time I go!
By the way anyone know where can I take my truck to get a tire alignment? I can't find anywhere were they align 38 in tires.

Roger.

2002 F250 V10 4x4 4.88 gears
8 in Fabtech lift, 38/15.5/16.5 Super Swamper TSL Radials, 16.5x9.75 Eagle Alloys
K&N FIPK, Dual Sport Gibson exhaust, SCMT

Quick Reply: HANK's 4x4 Jambo (Illinois)