6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Adding to blank Gauge display page

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,946 Likes on 1,580 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Man oh man
I was waiting to get a reaction to that silly post........

Old 03-06-2016, 08:31 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Was this added to the tech folder, I didn't see it in there with a quick look.

Anyone else have this done? Visiting my dealer on Monday and I am going to ask about this.

bruce...

Old 03-07-2016, 11:50 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Was this added to the tech folder, I didn't see it in there with a quick look.

Anyone else have this done? Visiting my dealer on Monday and I am going to ask about this.

bruce...
How did things go at the dealer today, Bruce? What's the current mileage on your truck? I'm here if you need me to jump in and help.

Crystal

Old 03-07-2016, 01:01 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by FordService
How did things go at the dealer today, Bruce? What's the current mileage on your truck? I'm here if you need me to jump in and help.

Crystal
Hey Crystal:

Just getting the fuel filter and "the works" oil change package. I asked about this display screen option and the service writer said that they would have a look. 18,000 on my 2015. Wife commented this morning that I need to be sure that I end the day with the same truck I started with. She is aware that I like new trucks.

Thank you for reaching out!

bruce....

Old 03-07-2016, 01:31 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Crystal:

Just getting the fuel filter and "the works" oil change package. I asked about this display screen option and the service writer said that they would have a look. 18,000 on my 2015. Wife commented this morning that I need to be sure that I end the day with the same truck I started with. She is aware that I like new trucks.

Thank you for reaching out!

bruce....
Sure thing, Bruce! Let me know if you end up bringing home a new rig.

Crystal

Old 03-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,946 Likes on 1,580 Posts
Bruce.......Did you get the display enabled.......??

Old 03-08-2016, 07:55 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Hey Roy:

No, gave the dealer the screen prints and thread comments. Instructions followed but no new display. Dealer did not charge me for this either. Said I was a great customer. Took .7 hours.

I post this so the guys that change their filters and oil in their drive or garage can feel good about their savings. $162 to change both of the fuel filters. $134 for "the works" oil change and tire rotation. I have no ambition for doing either of these tasks in my drive. I enjoy dropping my truck off, driving the loaner car to work (a real POS Ford Fusion with 9,000 miles) and picking my truck up after work. Always a positive dealer experience.

bruce...

Old 03-08-2016, 08:02 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Hey Roy:

No, gave the dealer the screen prints and thread comments. Instructions followed but no new display. Dealer did not charge me for this either. Said I was a great customer. Took .7 hours.

I post this so the guys that change their filters and oil in their drive or garage can feel good about their savings. $162 to change both of the fuel filters. $134 for "the works" oil change and tire rotation. I have no ambition for doing either of these tasks in my drive. I enjoy dropping my truck off, driving the loaner car to work (a real POS Ford Fusion with 9,000 miles) and picking my truck up after work. Always a positive dealer experience.

bruce...
Bruce...I'm curious...did you use the Quick Lane service for the oil and fuel filters change or was it just the standard dealership service?

I just did an oil change at my dealer in VT - $158 for oil and filter only. There is another dealer a little further south with " Quick Lane" and the oil change is definitely cheaper, but I feel like you get the rookie crew working on your truck. Everyone thinks an oil change is simple, but to do a good job requires a little extra care be taken, something I frequently don't see techs as doing. I wish I had remembered to ask them to program the screen - I have the instructions - but I forgot.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:51 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
My dealer has a quick lane and normal garage. For the fuel filter, you have to make an appointment and the diesel guy changes the fuel filter and does the oil change. If I wanted to, I suspect that I could simply schedule an oil change with the diesel guy. My dealer is pretty good. I just don't want to wait a day for an oil change.

When I simply need my oil changed, I go through the quick lane. At my dealer, the oil change guys always seem to be the same guys and they are trained on diesel. I always have them show me the dip stick before I drive off. When I find a coupon, the oil change can be $100. I know that all quick lanes are not the same though. All dealers are not the same. Plenty of dealers and quick lube places close to me that I would not want adding windshield washer fluid to my truck. Let alone change my oil.

I get that guys like to change their own oil and I did too up until a few years back. It's cold where I live and I just don't enjoy the oil changing experience. Rotating the big tires on the big truck is never fun. Love watching the quick lane guys hug my tires as they take them off as if they were their girl friends. Big old bear hug to each of my tires. I agree that people doing this on their own do a better job. Most things in life are better if you do them yourself.

Thanks to FTE, the fuel filter is also a dealer change. Too many posts here around dead trucks in the drive, trucks getting towed to the dealer, broken parts that will take a few days to arrive. I have the dealer loaner if something unexpected happens. No big deal to drive the POS fusion for a few days if more parts are needed, truck fails to start. I always try to schedule the fuel filter change during a time when I don't need my truck. I want to drive around some with the new filters before going on a trip. Plenty of posts here around leaking clips and diesel covering the entire underside of truck and all of the camper. That would suck.

One more interesting thing. On both my 6.7L trucks, I have been changing my oil every 5000 miles. I'm pretty good too about actually changing the oil at 5000 miles. When the diesel guy changed the oil, 7000 miles was entered on the window reminder tag. The quick lane guys ask 3000 or 5000 miles do you want put on the tag. The diesel guy automatically putting 7000 on the tag has me thinking. I know that plenty of FTE people wait for the reminder. Never bought into that thinking but maybe I should though.

bruce...

Old 03-12-2016, 06:31 AM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
I look at the oil change as a investment and go for the 5k

Old 03-12-2016, 07:18 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
15K fuel filters and 5K oil changes for me. Nothing wrong with waiting but I feel better working on my schedule.

I do my own.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:05 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I gave the diesel tech a $20 and held him hostage during his lunch break and he enabled the exhaust filter % screen in about 5 minutes while I sat in the passenger seat asking him how the wife is doing and all that stuff. He already knew how, he said "oh yeah, I just go to that screen where it says personality or something".

It's strange though and I know why ford doesn't enable it. Sometimes it keeps the filter between 85% and 35%, sometimes it goes to "full" and stops at 40%, sometimes it goes from 85 down to 45. Doesn't ever seem the same and I've never seen it below 35%. I assume most owners would complain that it doesn't go from 90% down to 10% every time.

Old 03-12-2016, 04:51 PM
roadrunner01
More Turbo
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
I gave the diesel tech a $20 and held him hostage during his lunch break and he enabled the exhaust filter % screen in about 5 minutes while I sat in the passenger seat asking him how the wife is doing and all that stuff. He already knew how, he said "oh yeah, I just go to that screen where it says personality or something".

It's strange though and I know why ford doesn't enable it. Sometimes it keeps the filter between 85% and 35%, sometimes it goes to "full" and stops at 40%, sometimes it goes from 85 down to 45. Doesn't ever seem the same and I've never seen it below 35%. I assume most owners would complain that it doesn't go from 90% down to 10% every time.

That sounds strange as my '15 goes from DPF full(100%) down to 20% every time, as long as I complete the regen. I have found it as something that I watch fairly regularly, if for no other reason than curiousness. there have been several occasions that a few miles before arriving at my destination a regen has started. It doesn't seem to make a difference one way or the other.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:45 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Interesting. All I can say is that my truck has 82,000 on it and I obviously drive a lot. Every regen my truck goes in to has been cruising on an interstate towing a trailer, since I tend to drive 500 miles/day (not every day) I know that the emissions stuff is completing its tasks free from driver intervention.

Could be the age on my system, could be duty cycle, temps, altitude, who knows.....could be passive regen? I don't know if passive is an actual logged event strategy in the system.

All I know is that I start my day with 86 gallons of fuel and miles to run. The truck is awesome for my purposes and the new screen entertains me. When/if it blows up I'll get another one.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:37 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,563 Likes on 730 Posts
Bruce the 7,000 mile is safe. Pull an oil sample and send it in. Mine have all come back as safe. So I just change the oil when oil reminder pops up.

When these engines first came out and we had that Ford Engineer online who was involved in the development, he said they had run oil changes in the 9,000 to 11,000 mile range with no problems. But set the oil minder for the 7500 mile range just to be safe.

I ran 145,000 miles, mostly towing on my 2011 truck, changing the oil as directed by the oil minder and had no problems.

I've changed a lot of oil in the driveway, But I frequently take mine during cold weather to the dealership. "The Works" cost $99 and changes oil, tops off all fluids under the hood, rotates tires and every 5th one is free. Which makes them about $80 per oil change/tire rotation. I can hardly buy oil and filter for that

Quick Reply: Adding to blank Gauge display page