2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

PUTC: 2017 Super Duty Details

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Big Sky
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
When I first saw that spy picture from a few months ago I thought the front looked more flat than what we are actually seeing. It's growing on me...

Old 09-24-2015, 03:01 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,194 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by George C
Ok Ford doubters, and Karl, time to fess up. How do you like it?
It's hot as hell!

From certain angles, it still looks meh like the leaked cell shot. From other angles, it's much better. The tech is the big sell for me. Love the adaptive steering, folding steps, etc. As I said a long time ago, Ford better add a bunch of "nice to have" features to get me past the certain aspects of the look that I didn't like. Well, they did just that and then some. I figured the new trans may not make it. At least the 250 gets it. Now we can all look forward to the power increase numbers that they mentioned at the reveal. Bottom line George, sure, I'll order one. If it's as late of availability as some here have posted, I'll have to wait though. No sense getting a new 450 near the end of towing season and right before salt/snow season.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:50 PM
F0rdc0wb0y
Fleet Mechanic
Received 446 Likes on 261 Posts
Ford fu$&@d the football on this one. Looks like an f150 on roids. Not digging it myself.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:28 PM
System
Prolocutor
Looks are subjective. If you like it wait. If you don't, order a 16. Choice is good stuff.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Order a 16 soon. Regardless of what timeframe you believe, once they are done they'll be done.

I don't mind how it looks, I like it actually, but i also don't overly care. I want to see more specs on the new 6spd trans and other performance stuff.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:36 PM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Called it! #FuglyTruckling is here! Retarded quarter Panel Vents and Flea Market Glow Stick Headlights abound! lol Judging from how absolutely ugly the base model F-150 and Super Duty are, yet how absolutely amazing the Atlas and Raptor look it's pretty easy to see that Ford has a full force group of idiots doing the finished designs on production. I love the interior design of all of our '11-15 Superduties in our fleet, but the new F-150 Interior was already a huge miss which is why we bought my nephew a Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. The Interior is luxurious compared to the F150 and the Ecodiesel destroys even the economy of the cute little 2.7L EcoJoke. Now they go and let the Flea Market crew go full retard on the Superduty? Are they trying to destroy their market share? I'm sorry but I very well have bought my last Ford until they pull their heads out and hire truck guys to design trucks! Did you guys market research anything other than Aluminum, Cameras, or Capacities? They size of the old headlights were already one of my only dislikes about my current Superduties and now you went and put ghetto headlights on them. Surprised the crew didn't make them change colors like the low rider crowd.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:38 PM
System
Prolocutor
Looks good to me.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:48 PM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Originally Posted by 92F350CC
I think we need a spreadsheet with all the users who say they hate it.

We can then check their names off as they buy one over the next few years.

Champions are made by people that perfect themselves until they are #1, dynasty's are made when Champions that never quit improving and challenging the nay sayers. Ford for far too long has neglected their customers criticisms and at times they have paid dearly so for just that. Anyone that wants to be the best should invite criticism, because pandering makes Tyrants. They should have ran the fenders Retro '11-16, an option for the '17 model year and seen what sold better. These 1988 fenders are beyond ugly and will be the laughing stock of rodeo arenas and trucks stops from coast to coast.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:58 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by houseofdiesel
Called it! #FuglyTruckling is here! Retarded quarter Panel Vents and Flea Market Glow Stick Headlights abound! lol Judging from how absolutely ugly the base model F-150 and Super Duty are, yet how absolutely amazing the Atlas and Raptor look it's pretty easy to see that Ford has a full force group of idiots doing the finished designs on production. I love the interior design of all of our '11-15 Superduties in our fleet, but the new F-150 Interior was already a huge miss which is why we bought my nephew a Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. The Interior is luxurious compared to the F150 and the Ecodiesel destroys even the economy of the cute little 2.7L EcoJoke. Now they go and let the Flea Market crew go full retard on the Superduty? Are they trying to destroy their market share? I'm sorry but I very well have bought my last Ford until they pull their heads out and hire truck guys to design trucks! Did you guys market research anything other than Aluminum, Cameras, or Capacities? They size of the old headlights were already one of my only dislikes about my current Superduties and now you went and put ghetto headlights on them. Surprised the crew didn't make them change colors like the low rider crowd.

Good for you, are you going to post this in every thread now?

Old 09-24-2015, 05:03 PM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
Good for you, are you going to post this in every thread now?
Didn't notice this thread was the one with the discussion. lol Should I delete the other one?

Old 09-24-2015, 05:06 PM
kbarbee95
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we need a spreadsheet with all the users who say they hate it.

We can then check their names off as they buy one over the next few years.

Rams look like pigs (especially the new look) and people still buy those!

Wait till the power numbers are released THEN lets see who things this truck is ugly lol

I already know what critics will say about the extra camera for trailers. "You still have to wire it in and it's a hassle to deal with blah blah blah." Since when has wiring up a few wires stopped anyone?

Old 09-24-2015, 05:43 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by houseofdiesel
Champions are made by people that perfect themselves until they are #1, dynasty's are made when Champions that never quit improving and challenging the nay sayers. Ford for far too long has neglected their customers criticisms and at times they have paid dearly so for just that. Anyone that wants to be the best should invite criticism, because pandering makes Tyrants. They should have ran the fenders Retro '11-16, an option for the '17 model year and seen what sold better. These 1988 fenders are beyond ugly and will be the laughing stock of rodeo arenas and trucks stops from coast to coast.
Tyrants?

It's just a damn truck.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:46 PM
System
Prolocutor
Tyrants?

It's just a damn truck.

Exactly. LOL. People need to calm the F down. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, don't.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:47 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by kbarbee95
Since when has wiring up a few wires stopped anyone?
Never. That's why we will now have 6 upfitter switches instead of 4...

Old 09-24-2015, 06:09 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
It looks better than I thought it would from the spy pictures. The grill looks like an afterthought, maybe it will be fixed for 2018 or 2019 model year or maybe the aftermarket suppliers will step in. The interior looks great, except the round AC vents are gone, dang.

Quick Reply: PUTC: 2017 Super Duty Details