6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Should a dealer get away with this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 06:27 PM
CMill250
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should a dealer get away with this?

Hi Guys,
I was relaxing on this sunny Sat and drinking a few beers when I opened up my email and received the below from my local Ford Dealership. Now I have to say this really pissed me off as I have given these idiots every chance to work on my truck and get the issues fixed and this really chapped my A. Anyway let me know what you think, should a dealership be allowed to get away with this?

Here's the history, I have had my 14' F250 in 11 time in 11 months for Radio/Nav, 4x4, and Advance track Service issues. They have had my truck for close to 30 days troubleshooting these issues. The only issue resolved is the 4x4 engagement which was a vacuum line. The radio turning off, Nav going haywire, and Service Advance track issues still haven't been fixed.

Dear Mr. Miller,

Once again we find ourselves here with a survey where you check the box for will not return to dealer – and mark all as very dissatisfied (that’s two in a row from you). It is evident that Medved is unable to perform to the necessary level, and for that I am truly sorry. Going forward, I must refer you to another Ford store for all of your vehicle service needs. The next closest Ford store is Groove Ford in Centennial on Arapahoe Road / Or Autonation Ford in Littleton on Broadway. It is regretful that our relationship has to end, but I believe to continue will be fruitless.
I sincerely apologize for our shortcomings.

Scott Krencik
Medved Ford -Castle Rock, Co.
720-733-7138 Office
skrencik@medved.com

Old 09-19-2015, 06:30 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
Well I would get ahold of ford cust svc and send them the letter for their records.

And I certainly would go elsewhere! For everything from now on and tell my friends too.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:37 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,185 Likes on 569 Posts
I agree with Scott. Get that correspondence to Ford and find a new dealer. That is completely unacceptable.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doing business is a two way street so Yes, they have the right to decline servicing you. And you may actually be better off for it.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:51 PM
CMill250
Junior User
I'm not sure I agree, warranty service that's not completed isn't doing business. Then telling the customer to go elsewhere as they can't fix warranty issues....

Old 09-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Is this the dealer you purchased the truck from?

Old 09-20-2015, 07:45 AM
gwcon
Posting Guru
I would go to another dealer even if it was further away if they can't fix something in 11 trips and 30 days regardless of the e-mail. Their service department obviously sucks.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Would you really want to bring your truck back to them after that? Ford isn't denying fixing the problem - so I am going to have to disagree on the unfinished business part. Unless the warranty was only for use at that dealer.

The dealer you went doesn't want another dis-satisfied mark against them. The dealership loses money from Ford when you do that. Again, I could see getting a bunch of your buddies together and after service doing the same thing to get their attention.

I'd also let Crystal here know (Ford Social Media Rep) so that the regional is involved.

Overall, sounds like a really **** poor way to solve a problem. The manager didn't even have the stones to call and tell you.

Crappy yes, illegal - doubtful, letting them get a way without a response, no way.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:13 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
When I took my truck in for its first "free" oil change, they forgot several things and messed up a few others. When the satisfaction survey came out, I let them know how I felt about my experience. Within days of my submission, the service writer and GM were tripping over themselves to make it right, and get another shot at earning my business. Funny how differently two different dealers can handle the same issue. I know it's not apples to apples as far as what I had done, versus what OP had done, but this sounds like an issue with the dealer's mentality or standard practices. After that, I wouldn't want them touching my truck. No telling what sorts of problems it would come back with that it didn't go in with!

Old 09-20-2015, 09:21 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Two sides to every story. Too bad the dealership is not an FTE member. I have no problem with the letter and would appreciate the honesty.

Bruce...

Old 09-20-2015, 09:24 AM
rob17
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Those issues that the dealer hasn't fixed, have they been able to duplicate the problems and acknowledged the issues exist?

Rob

Old 09-20-2015, 12:02 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by CMill250
Hi Guys,
I was relaxing on this sunny Sat and drinking a few beers when I opened up my email and received the below from my local Ford Dealership. Now I have to say this really pissed me off as I have given these idiots every chance to work on my truck and get the issues fixed and this really chapped my A. Anyway let me know what you think, should a dealership be allowed to get away with this?

Here's the history, I have had my 14' F250 in 11 time in 11 months for Radio/Nav, 4x4, and Advance track Service issues. They have had my truck for close to 30 days troubleshooting these issues. The only issue resolved is the 4x4 engagement which was a vacuum line. The radio turning off, Nav going haywire, and Service Advance track issues still haven't been fixed.

Dear Mr. Miller,

Once again we find ourselves here with a survey where you check the box for will not return to dealer – and mark all as very dissatisfied (that’s two in a row from you). It is evident that Medved is unable to perform to the necessary level, and for that I am truly sorry. Going forward, I must refer you to another Ford store for all of your vehicle service needs. The next closest Ford store is Groove Ford in Centennial on Arapahoe Road / Or Autonation Ford in Littleton on Broadway. It is regretful that our relationship has to end, but I believe to continue will be fruitless.
I sincerely apologize for our shortcomings.

Scott Krencik
Medved Ford -Castle Rock, Co.
720-733-7138 Office
skrencik@medved.com
MEDVED!!!!!!!!!

My exp:

I see you guys have a '06 Jeep Rubicon LJ for sale with std trans. I am looking for one.

MV: Great we can work you a super deal, we are asking $23,999, make us an offer.

I will give you $20k, and be on the first thing hot and smoking tomorrow...

(next morn): John, can you meet me at the airport today at 12:30 and have the car ready to go, its an all cash sale?

MV: Sure, see in a couple of hours.

Airport: Hey, you John?

MV: No, John is not available, have you been talking with him (guy is driving and picks me up in the Jeep)?

YEA, we have deal, just spoke with him couple of hrs ago, flew in from Phoenix.

MV: Don't know anything about that, Sales Mgr told me to pick you up and told me to take this Jeep, are you buying it?

WTF, what is going on?

MV: Dunno, you will need to talk with Sales Mgr I guess

MV (Sales Mgr): How can I help you?

I flew in to buy the Jeep, been talking with John, we have a deal, he is your internet sales guy!

MV: Never heard of that, he is not here today, he is off

OFF, I talked with him couple of hrs ago, he said he would pick me up at the airport, what is going on here?

MV: Have no idea what you are talking about, we have that Jeep sold to another customer but they did not put down a deposit on it, you can have it for $23,999 if you want it.

I had a internet deal with John at $20,000 cash.

MV: No such thing

OK, I will fly back, can someone take me to the airport and call a taxi, I will pay for it

MV: No we don't offer any services like that here and its hard to get taxi service out here, but lots of traffic and you can hitch a ride I am sure...(as he laughs and it is POURING down rain and cold)

I call airlines and cannot get flight back to Phoenix till tomorrow at some stupid money for the ticket...FINE I buy anyhow, just get me the chuck out of here. I go to pay and finance guy goes thru BS on selling crap, wax jobs etc, I keep tell ing him its all cash, I will stroke check and get me OUT OF HERE NOW...GOT IT (I am thinking why am I not carrying when I need it as I am getting held up and robbed). Finally he shuts up and goes to see Sales Mgr, comes back and tells me he has to collect sales tax. SALES TAX, I am not a resident, don't you get it? I hear more BS, tell fine, put it in writing I will pay sales tax. I write check, he goes to see sales mgr again and tells me he has to call my bank first. I give him number and tell him I will wait, check is good.

Where is my car?

MV: Its in the wash bay and going to make ready you can pick it up at 5

WASH BAY, anyone here notice the POURING RAIN..GIVE ME MY CHUCKIN CAR NOW or I call bank and cancel the check...car shows up, I drive over Moab, Utah, spend a could of days offroading and had home.

Medved: Just say no and run like hell.

Post script: I register car, show them the Sales Tax Paid and do not have to pay any. Few months later I get a check from Co refunding my sales tax as I am not a resident....LOL

Old 09-20-2015, 02:45 PM
CMill250
Junior User
So to answer some questions:

Bruce - Meth is bad stop smoking it.

Yes They were able to reproduce the all my issues except for the radio turning off.

No I will not return to a Medved dealership for anything ever again.

I purchased the truck new from Medved.

Yes I wrote a response, it's below:

Mr. Krencik,

Yes once again Ford received the facts they requested through a survey about your inability to fix a customers vehicle!

Eleven visits in eleven months for Radio/Navigation and Advance Track Service issues that are still not resolved is not the necessary level of service anybody expects. My expectation is to bring my vehicle in for repair and expect that the vehicle is actually repaired, not bring it back multiple times or we have to order more parts that don't fix the issue or it's a bad battery when anyone with an minimal mechanical understanding knows that's not the issue. The last issue you had my F250 for a week and couldn't find or fix the problem. I spent 20 minutes on the internet and found the issue, did the repair and the issue hasn't returned since. This was why for the second time I checked "check the box for will not return to dealer – and mark all as very dissatisfied (that’s two in a row from you)."

I was actually very surprised that your response to your inability to fix these issues under warranty is asking the customer not to return to your dealership. If you were truly sorry you would do what you could to correct the problem not brush it away, this makes me feel like you blame me not the level of service. To this point I feel I have been more than patient with Medved's inability to troubleshoot or fix my F250's issues but now I'm just plain disgusted due to this email which is why I'm replying. I will now take whatever action I possibly can with Ford to make sure they understand what and how Medved and you perform service and customer service.

Finally as for your request for our relationship to end, yes I completely agree and you will never see me in another Medved location for sales or service again. I had already spoken with my regional Service Advisor before this email on options for quality service and she had provided the same dealerships. I simply don't have the time to bring my vehicle in multiple times for an issue that should and can be fixed in one or two visits. It's too bad your feeling is this is the customer and not what the service department is doing or in this case not doing.

Good luck,
Craig Miller

Old 09-20-2015, 02:56 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
MEDVED!!!!!!!!!

My exp:

I see you guys have a '06 Jeep Rubicon LJ for sale with std trans. I am looking for one.

MV: Great we can work you a super deal, we are asking $23,999, make us an offer.

I will give you $20k, and be on the first thing hot and smoking tomorrow...

(next morn): John, can you meet me at the airport today at 12:30 and have the car ready to go, its an all cash sale?

MV: Sure, see in a couple of hours.

Airport: Hey, you John?

MV: No, John is not available, have you been talking with him (guy is driving and picks me up in the Jeep)?

YEA, we have deal, just spoke with him couple of hrs ago, flew in from Phoenix.

MV: Don't know anything about that, Sales Mgr told me to pick you up and told me to take this Jeep, are you buying it?

WTF, what is going on?

MV: Dunno, you will need to talk with Sales Mgr I guess

MV (Sales Mgr): How can I help you?

I flew in to buy the Jeep, been talking with John, we have a deal, he is your internet sales guy!

MV: Never heard of that, he is not here today, he is off

OFF, I talked with him couple of hrs ago, he said he would pick me up at the airport, what is going on here?

MV: Have no idea what you are talking about, we have that Jeep sold to another customer but they did not put down a deposit on it, you can have it for $23,999 if you want it.

I had a internet deal with John at $20,000 cash.

MV: No such thing

OK, I will fly back, can someone take me to the airport and call a taxi, I will pay for it

MV: No we don't offer any services like that here and its hard to get taxi service out here, but lots of traffic and you can hitch a ride I am sure...(as he laughs and it is POURING down rain and cold)

I call airlines and cannot get flight back to Phoenix till tomorrow at some stupid money for the ticket...FINE I buy anyhow, just get me the chuck out of here. I go to pay and finance guy goes thru BS on selling crap, wax jobs etc, I keep tell ing him its all cash, I will stroke check and get me OUT OF HERE NOW...GOT IT (I am thinking why am I not carrying when I need it as I am getting held up and robbed). Finally he shuts up and goes to see Sales Mgr, comes back and tells me he has to collect sales tax. SALES TAX, I am not a resident, don't you get it? I hear more BS, tell fine, put it in writing I will pay sales tax. I write check, he goes to see sales mgr again and tells me he has to call my bank first. I give him number and tell him I will wait, check is good.

Where is my car?

MV: Its in the wash bay and going to make ready you can pick it up at 5

WASH BAY, anyone here notice the POURING RAIN..GIVE ME MY CHUCKIN CAR NOW or I call bank and cancel the check...car shows up, I drive over Moab, Utah, spend a could of days offroading and had home.

Medved: Just say no and run like hell.

Post script: I register car, show them the Sales Tax Paid and do not have to pay any. Few months later I get a check from Co refunding my sales tax as I am not a resident....LOL
I see I'm not the only one who has experienced the imaginary internet sales guy. Must be an industry trick.

Old 09-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Nice response Craig...

Quick Reply: Should a dealer get away with this?