2015 - 2020 F150 Discuss the 2015 - 2020 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Is there a way to lock keyless fob IN the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 08:37 PM
speedsauto
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Is there a way to lock keyless fob IN the truck?

Hello Everyone, I have a 2015 Lariat and I am wondering if anyone has found a way to lock the keyless key fob in the truck when they don't want to carry it? If I lock my doors with the inside button or fob button then leave the fob in the truck the horn honks and doors unlock again, I have the external keypad and can use it to unlock the doors.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:02 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by speedsauto
Hello Everyone, I have a 2015 Lariat and I am wondering if anyone has found a way to lock the keyless key fob in the truck when they don't want to carry it? If I lock my doors with the inside button or fob button then leave the fob in the truck the horn honks and doors unlock again, I have the external keypad and can use it to unlock the doors.
You know about the "secret" compartment for the key fob?

Old 09-18-2015, 05:25 AM
fxhdfd
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just push the two bottom buttons on your key pad.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:57 AM
rmccbride
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fxhdfd
Just push the two bottom buttons on your key pad.

This is my normal way of doing it since I bought the truck. Had to explain it to my wife do she knows it's the only way to lock it up. As my third fob is always left in the truck.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:22 AM
speedsauto
Cross-Country
Thanks for the info, The bottom 2 buttons on the key pad works good.
The secret compartment did not work for this but it was worth a try, Thanks!

Old 09-18-2015, 09:55 AM
bonanzabucko
New User
You can push the black button on the door handle to lock the truck and leave a key fob inside. If you lose the other fob somehow you can then use the key pad to gain entry and the truck will start with the second key fob inside. The Owners's Manual says that if you lose your key fob you will need to be towed to the nearest Ford dealer to get in....pretty hard from the far boonies where trucks go. The idiot who edited the that manual needs to be fired. I went to the dealer to find out how to do this after dismay at reading the manual. The dealer agreed about the idiot behind the book.
BB

Old 09-18-2015, 10:22 AM
rmccbride
Tuned
Originally Posted by bonanzabucko
You can push the black button on the door handle to lock the truck and leave a key fob inside. If you lose the other fob somehow you can then use the key pad to gain entry and the truck will start with the second key fob inside. The Owners's Manual says that if you lose your key fob you will need to be towed to the nearest Ford dealer to get in....pretty hard from the far boonies where trucks go. The idiot who edited the that manual needs to be fired. I went to the dealer to find out how to do this after dismay at reading the manual. The dealer agreed about the idiot behind the book.
BB
They seem to have more of them than just the book writers working there.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:29 AM
RAYJAY!
5th Wheeling
off topic but is there a way of programming a 3rd key-less fob with out going to dealer ?

have a 2013 SHO and would like a 3rd fob

Old 09-18-2015, 10:59 AM
speedsauto
Cross-Country
BB
This did not work for me either,

Old 09-18-2015, 11:06 AM
rmccbride
Tuned
Originally Posted by RAYJAY!
off topic but is there a way of programming a 3rd key-less fob with out going to dealer ?

have a 2013 SHO and would like a 3rd fob
On my 2015 with push button start there is and it's easy just takes a few minutes. But might be a whole different story on your truck.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:08 AM
rmccbride
Tuned
BB
Maybe on yours but this doesn't work on my truck. I have to use bottom two keypad buttons which works fine.