General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Just curious to see if anyone listens to any of these talk shows, and if so witch do you like the be

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 12:55 PM
Fordzzzz77
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just curious to see if anyone listens to any of these talk shows, and if so witch do you like the be

Old 08-29-2002, 01:22 PM
Fordzzzz77
Senior User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 29-Aug-02 AT 02:32 PM (EST)]I posted this poll because I listen to Tom Leykis on the way home from work. I think it's humorus. The others are good too but Tom 's the best in my opinion, he's got my vote.

77 F250 Highboy 4X4
"The Money Pit"

Old 08-29-2002, 01:50 PM
brienobrien
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't listen to too much talk raido any more but I would like to recommend The Gene Burns Show out @ KGO in San Fransisco. I would also like to know why you did'nt post Rush in your show poll? He may blow all of the others away. There also is G Gordon Liddy, Oliie North, and Tom(?) Gallagher. I think they are all Nationally syndicated.

Dr Laura is a Hypocritical JERK. Howard Stern is a Public Analpore. Neither of these two can be compared to Tom Lykes because they are not really political, and Lykes at least, has a intelligent format. I may be mistaken but is'nt Lykes a left wing liberal show? Is there balance in your poll?

I am not tearing down your poll because I don't know the other radio personalities, but I think maybe you should insert a "none of the above".

I would have voted for Gene Burns on the local level, and Rush on the National level. So I will vote none of the above, but it is'nt there. So I can't vote.

Old 08-29-2002, 02:27 PM
Fordzzzz77
Senior User

brienobrien, I never heard of the ones you mentioned except Tom Gallagher. Point taken on none of the above. I thought about that after the fact. I just get a kick out of listening to Tom . I makes for a better drive home from work. brienobrien are you a Leykis 101 student?

77 F250 Highboy 4X4
"The Money Pit"

Old 08-29-2002, 03:14 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend

I gotta go with G Gordon Liddy the G Man and Rush Limbaugh.

Wiz

"Fear leads to anger;anger leads to hate;hate leads to suffering"........Yoda

http://www.clubfte.com/users/thewiz427/index.html

Old 08-29-2002, 03:24 PM
welderford390
Junior User

I usually listen to Mark and Brian they are pretty funny.

1969 Ford F-250 4X4, 390 bored .030 over, carter 4 barrel carb, Terminator mufflers, NP 435, NP 205 Transfer case, HD Dana 44 w/ discs up front and Dana 60 in the rear. 90% completly rebuilt from ground up.

1995 Ford F-250 4X4, Powerstroke Diesel. Supercab longbox. 70 hp chip, isspro pyrometer and boost guages. Other than that its stock. Plans: 4in exhaust, propane injection, cd player, and possible intercooler.

Old 08-29-2002, 04:09 PM
icelander
Elder User

The Glenn Beck show! that guy is great! he's on 9am to noon. then i listen to rush, after rush i listen to a local guy named Mike Trivisonno.

i cant stand FM radio. if you listen to the radio all day(like me, i drive a truck) you end up hearing the same song 4 or 5 times a day!

i listen to howard from 6-9. say what you want about him......but you have to admit he's entertaining.

Old 08-29-2002, 07:49 PM
the law
Elder User

Ya definitely gotta add Rush to the poll. I listen to Rush in the morning for intelligent talk, and Leykis in the afternoon for humor. Not always do I agree with the man, but both he and Rush are probably the best in the business and impressive to listen to.
Not many know this but Tom Leykis really respects Rush for being such an effective and successful talk show host and the two have been known to go out partying together.

The Law
1989 F-250 HD 4x4
460, C6, BW 13-56
Almost Stock

Old 08-29-2002, 08:07 PM
mgazak
Laughing Gas

Add me down for Rush too. I voted for Dr. Laura only because she's on before Rush so I might catch a little of it.

Old 08-29-2002, 08:33 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 29-Aug-02 AT 09:35 PM (EST)]I am so busy at work I only catch pieces of them. Rush is #1, Glen Beck has his moments and Dr Laura gets a bit of my attention as well.

But the Bob and Tom show is nuked on my radio. I grew out of that frame of mind when I was a sophmore in high school.

Interesting: HS is tied with Dr Laura.

Old 08-29-2002, 09:00 PM
wolfmanagh
Posting Guru

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 29-Aug-02 AT 10:03 PM (EST)]Does Howard Stern still have a show???
A radio station tried putting the symo here in MN. And it did very poorly. (No longer airs here) I tried listening to his show a few times but after the first 10 minutes the CD went in. He just talks talks and talks.
The other station which is know for more talk in the morning at least plays music. Howard Stern kept complaining about Tom Bernard ([link:www.KQRS.com|KQRS]) how he stole his act. But I don't think the two are any bit alike. Tom is much better on the radio and I don't even listen to him.

Howard Stern should stick to doing the tv show. Does that still exsit?

Edit: None of the above

Old 08-29-2002, 09:48 PM
samhihn
Senior User

Got to go with Rush. Glen beck is OK. There are several talk shows on the air now that can be both entertaining and informative. G Gordon Liddy is another. I don't find Howard Stern entertaining or informative. IMHO he should crawl back under the rock he crawled out from under. I find it rather disturbing that someone can be paid for being an utter slimeball. I find it equally disturbing that so many people find his amoral, perverse brand of humor a source of entertainment. I think he has the right to behave in the way he does. I just find it incredible that anyone with an IQ above 60 could listen to or watch this guy and his crew long enough to keep him on the air.

Old 08-30-2002, 02:03 AM
85351ho
Postmaster

rush is the man, and im surprised noone has mentioned neil bortz (sp?) im sure ken has heard him being hes from GA

Old 08-30-2002, 10:27 PM
the law
Elder User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Aug-02 AT 11:29 PM (EST)]Hey cool, BJ Shea got added. Is he on anywhere besides Seattle? Now that is a hilarious show.

The Law
1989 F-250 HD 4x4
460, C6, BW 13-56
Almost Stock

Edit: I should've know this was set up by a western washingtonian, as almost all of those programs are on 100.7 The Buzz.

Old 08-31-2002, 11:35 PM
Ford Truck Racer
Elder User

I listen to the Jon Boy and Billy Big Show every morning on my way to school. Usually good clean humerous comedy.

Quick Reply: Just curious to see if anyone listens to any of these talk shows, and if so witch do you like the be