DomsF250 needs help (truck stolen)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts

Guys,

A fellow FTE member's truck was stolen sunday and could be anywhere in Texas. Please keep an eye out and if you see, it call the police and let them know it was reported stolen out of Houston.

Here's the thread from the 6.0 section:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...e-my-baby.html

We all love our trucks and would hate the thought of it disappearing, let's help Dom get his truck back. Attached in a picture of it, Thanks again guys!

Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:03 PM
DomsF250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for the help! Also the LP is GDS-9077 TX plates.

Anyone who finds it will get $100 worth of Lone Star beer.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Cruiseomatic
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What part of Houston? Crewcab short beds are VERY common here in the Southeast side.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:41 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod

He was on the Bayside area of Houston when it was taken.

I've been keeping an eye around my side of town and in my travels around Houston

Old 09-28-2015, 08:52 AM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Sorry to hear about your truck. I put car thieves and child molesters in the same boat. I hope you find your truck and the thief soon. More than likely the back seats have been taken out and they're using it to haul people or drugs from the border. I see a lot of trucks get returned/found after they've served their purpose.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:17 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Just talked to Chris not too long ago and his truck was recovered near Dallas.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:41 AM
DomsF250
Senior User
Update and maybe good news! My truck was found in Dallas TX. It is at an impound yard. It was found with people in it but the Police stated it is dented and scratched all over. It was a routine traffic stop.Don't know if she runs and drives yet as it was brought in on a flat bed. But get this:
They did not arrest the people in the truck! I don't know why yet but the Police here in Houston are looking into that. Thanks for all the people that helped. I will post pics when I get them. Wish me luck getting my baby back.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:06 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
That's great!

Old 10-03-2015, 08:34 AM
cameeks
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by DomsF250
They did not arrest the people in the truck!
That's BS right there. Even if they were not the original people who took the truck they were still in possession of stolen property.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Cruiseomatic
Posting Guru
Glad it was recovered but I agree, total BS. Now they think they got away with it. I'd keep pushing the issue until results happen Chris. It is probably fine but because it was involved in a crime, a rollback wrecker was used to prevent any "contamination" of evidence or to preserve it for the detectives. Seen it before time and time again

Old 10-12-2015, 09:47 AM
DomsF250
Senior User

Got her back. She looks good!

Old 10-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Cruiseomatic
Posting Guru
What does the windshield say? How much damage did they do to her?

Old 10-13-2015, 09:33 PM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
I don't see any serious damage. I am glad it all worked out for you.

Timothy

Old 10-17-2015, 10:16 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
It isn't us police officers that decide who will be arrested/prosecuted in an event like this. It is the chicken$#!^ local district attorneys who decide that. Each local police dept. has rules and requirements that are filtered out from the DAs as to what they will and will not take on new charges. We see this OVER AND OVER here in Austin with these 4x4 diesel trucks. Time and again, the DA will tell us to let everyone go until we have statements from 8 million people that "those people found in the truck did not have permission to have it", and "those people in the truck should have known it was stolen". That takes a few days on an out of jurisdiction recovery (stolen from somewhere else, but recovered here). And MOST of the time, the owner just says give me my truck back, and I don't have time to come all the way up there to testify. That is how it is, and it bothers us police officers more than you can know.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:00 PM
DomsF250
Senior User
Originally Posted by Nicmike
It isn't us police officers that decide who will be arrested/prosecuted in an event like this. It is the chicken$#!^ local district attorneys who decide that. Each local police dept. has rules and requirements that are filtered out from the DAs as to what they will and will not take on new charges. We see this OVER AND OVER here in Austin with these 4x4 diesel trucks. Time and again, the DA will tell us to let everyone go until we have statements from 8 million people that "those people found in the truck did not have permission to have it", and "those people in the truck should have known it was stolen. That takes a few days on an out of jurisdiction recovery (stolen from somewhere else, but recovered here). And MOST of the time, the owner just says give me my truck back, and I don't have time to come all the way up there to testify. That is how it is, and it bothers us police officers more than you can know.
First off the police officer did not arrest them with my truck and I feel he should have. He was not arrested by the DA orders? DA have a standing order not to arrest thives that steal cars? Is that our point? Second, I told the DA's office that when / if they ever catch the guy, I want them charged. Owner, me, never got a say. That is crap.
Dallas police I hear do not want the hassle. I guess that means my property means less to some areas then others?

Quick Reply: DomsF250 needs help (truck stolen)