6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2015 F350 6.7 Chassis cab STRATEGY & Coolant filtration/water fuel separator?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Nytefog
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 F350 6.7 Chassis cab STRATEGY & Coolant filtration/water fuel separator?

Hi,
Could someone direct me on how to.get the strategy off my 2015 F350 6.7 xlt chassis cab? I tried to pull the info up with a actron scanner und er vehicle info and it gives me three options. One is VIN, next CVN, and last CAL ID. CAL ID has six entries that all look close to others strategies I've seen posted but I don't know if this is the correct info. I'm not 100% sure exactly where the PCM is with the strategy on it. I don't have a tuner yet because I want to make sure a rune can be made for this Chassis cab first.

I would greatly appreciate any information and directions you could provide to me. I finally got my truck last week and want to get the ball rolling on a tuner so is ready to use after break in and the installation of amsoil dual remote bypass system.

How many of you with 6.7's have coolant filters on the main cooling system?

Does anyone run the dieselsite.com fuel/water separator and filter system?

Has anyone taken out the foam air filter on the stock air box or put a s&b CAI on their newer 6.7? Was the upgrade worth it?

Any suggestions for any other aftermarket accessories they find to be benificial to keeping their engines protected and vehicles in top condition?

I don't want to give the dealership anymore money for a long while!

Thabks again!

Old 09-10-2015, 02:12 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 907 Likes on 328 Posts
Cant answer your first question, but with regards to the rest...., I think coolant filtering is a good idea, but the issue hasn't been a big one on the 6.7's like it was on the 6.0. I ran one on my 6.0, but did not put one on the 6.7. I did elect to install the fuel filter/water separator from dieselsite. Glad I did for the peace of mind. It is a little pricy though. As for air box, I'd leave that alone. I don't think there is much to be gained, but some guys that have put them on report CEL's due to changed air/fuel sensor readings. Truck has plenty of power, so I don't go looking for add-on's to add more, but do look at add-ons that might provide better durability, hence the fuel filter add-on for me.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Nytefog
5th Wheeling
How does diesel sites fuel/water separator work? Did you elect to get the fuel heater option with the separator? Seems like the separator/filter are well built.

I'm just concerned with the coolant filter for the beginning of the 6.7s life. I want to ensure to filter out any sand particles left behind from casting the block is all.

If I didn't have a chassis cab model I would be as concerned with the power output. My 350 will have almost its max payload in it everyday until the end of its life. I wish their was something I could do to increase the payload a bit more without having dually's.

I already have a 2 tune waiting for me that will boost me 50hp and 125tq (tow tune & heavy tow tune).

I figure with the fuel separator, dual remote bypass oil filter and Archoil fuel additive I should be pretty safe. I want to minimize regents to keep my oil health. I think I found a tuner friendly dealer close to me so I'm not worried about warranty issues....I'm sure now my turbo will grenade since I said that. Lol

Originally Posted by djousma
Cant answer your first question, but with regards to the rest...., I think coolant filtering is a good idea, but the issue hasn't been a big one on the 6.7's like it was on the 6.0. I ran one on my 6.0, but did not put one on the 6.7. I did elect to install the fuel filter/water separator from dieselsite. Glad I did for the peace of mind. It is a little pricy though. As for air box, I'd leave that alone. I don't think there is much to be gained, but some guys that have put them on report CEL's due to changed air/fuel sensor readings. Truck has plenty of power, so I don't go looking for add-on's to add more, but do look at add-ons that might provide better durability, hence the fuel filter add-on for me.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:14 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
I have the Dieselsite fuel filter on mine and have had no issues. I like the extra peace of mind in having it, and it easily checked for water without crawling under the truck to drain anything. However, depending on where you live and/or where the truck will be used, you may wish to see the link below.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ths-later.html

Old 09-12-2015, 07:12 AM
gwcon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
I have the Dieselsite fuel filter on mine and have had no issues. I like the extra peace of mind in having it, and it easily checked for water without crawling under the truck to drain anything. However, depending on where you live and/or where the truck will be used, you may wish to see the link below.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ths-later.html
X 2. They are expensive but the POM is worth it to me.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:18 AM
gwcon
Posting Guru
I have the coolant filtration systems installed. Easy installation and I have had zero problems with them. I wanted to cut the filters open after I changed them to take a look but never made the time. A POM saver for me.