Ford GTB "burma Jeep" G 622 - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Ford GTB "burma Jeep" G 622

Old 02-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Greendragon56
New User
Greendragon56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Parts message

Originally Posted by mrcman58 View Post
what parts are you looking for ? i have some spare parts and a couple of these burmas will no doubt be for parts, my e mail is [email protected]
i was wondering if you had received my email on parts? i have not heard back from you so i assume that you did not.
we are slowly progressing on our Burma and will be in need of some parts soon.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:47 AM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have been busy with other projects "ford tractors" lately and sort of forgot about you needing some parts, Jess

Old 02-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Greendragon56
New User
Originally Posted by mrcman58 View Post
I have been busy with other projects "ford tractors" lately and sort of forgot about you needing some parts, Jess
lol i understand !! when a man has more than one project , something always gets forgotten .

Old 02-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Greendragon56
New User
Originally Posted by Greendragon56 View Post
lol i understand !! when a man has more than one project , something always gets forgotten .
I'm guilty of that myself . do i need to send you a fresh e-mail?

Old 08-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Mixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud of
Apologies for exhuming this thread

I've been doing a little reading on the Burma Jeep, finding it a very curious vehicle, and am considering the purchase of one for personal use/restomod. Seems that there is little technical information available except for the usual tribal knowledge. I used to own a M37A Dodge (regret giving it up), so I'm kinda familiar with military vehicles. Any compelling thoughts, advise, and information is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:54 AM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.
burma fords

Originally Posted by Mixer man View Post
I've been doing a little reading on the Burma Jeep, finding it a very curious vehicle, and am considering the purchase of one for personal use/restomod. Seems that there is little technical information available except for the usual tribal knowledge. I used to own a M37A Dodge (regret giving it up), so I'm kinda familiar with military vehicles. Any compelling thoughts, advise, and information is greatly appreciated.
hi there, its been awhile since i posted on FTE, i have been spending time collecting old tractors & equipment basicly for yard art down for a down the road project,

i myself find the GTB's very interesting I have 10 of them now recently i got a bomb carrier model from a friend and still need to get it home, not to far away around 35 miles away, you know they only made right at 15.000 of them
what info are you looking for ? my e mail is [email protected] you know my friend got me hooked on these back in 2005 and the rest is history, Jess

Old 08-12-2018, 02:21 PM
hoosier53
Senior User
hoosier53 has a good reputation on FTE.hoosier53 has a good reputation on FTE.
Very interesting to me. Dad fought in Burma with Merrill’s Marauders “B” Battalion. Their mission to spearhead the way for the building of the Ledo Road. He was injured near the start of the campaign in a truck accident and later flew in to Myitkyina to hold the airport and support operations to take the town. Not sure what kind of truck was in the accident but I found a picture of it years ago on the web.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:07 AM
TripleDwithaGTB
New User
TripleDwithaGTB is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does anyone know where I can find an intake and exhaust manifold for a GTB? They are very specific to the GTB. The newer flathead 6 cylinders are not the same. My email is [email protected]. Thank you.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:10 AM
TripleDwithaGTB
New User
TripleDwithaGTB is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does anyone know where I can find an intake and exhaust manifold for a GTB? They are different than the newer model flathead 6 cylinder motors. My email is [email protected]. Thank you.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:08 PM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
GTB & G8T manifolds

the G8t ford army truck also uses the same engine as the GTB, so if you know someone with those trucks i have a few but hate to let them go right now because there tough to find.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:09 PM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Mixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TripleDwithaGTB View Post
Does anyone know where I can find an intake and exhaust manifold for a GTB? They are different than the newer model flathead 6 cylinder motors. My email is [email protected]. Thank you.
The manifolds are not unique to the GTB. "Introduced with the 1941 model year, the first Ford L-6 (designated G-series) displaced 226 cu in (3.7 L) and produced 90 hp (67 kW), the same as the Flathead V-8 that year. Like the V-8, it was also a flathead or L-head engine. In 1948, Ford raised the compression of the flathead six or L-6 (designated H-series or Rouge 226) so that it generated 95 hp (71 kW) and 180 lb⋅ft (244 N⋅m) of torque. The G- and H-series engines were used in the full-sized Ford cars and trucks to replace the smaller 136 cu in (2.2 L) Flathead V8 that were used with the 1937 Ford. Ford discontinued production of the H-series engine with the 1951 model year." Source: Wikipedia. You are correct that the G and H series manifolds are not interchangeable.