6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2014 f250 6.7 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Steven Trottier
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 f250 6.7 problems

Hello, I just bought a 2014 f250 superduty 6.7L and having weird problems. It only has 57,000 miles on. I was driving it going a steady 65 mph for about 30 min and the wrench light came on, about 5 min later dash started flashing another notification "service advance trac". This would flash on and off randomly, with also the airbag symbol. After another 5 or 10 min, the ac stopped working and shut off then started blowing hot air and continued flashing service advance trac, as well as the wrench staying on. 2 minutes later the entire dash shut off including the center console screen

. Engine stayed running all the gauges turned off and returned back to where they were to include the MPH. The truck acted like it turned off and turned back on. I continued to drive straight to the dealership I bought it from about 25 more minutes and this problem continued. It would also return back to normal like nothing was wrong with it. The dealership said they are going to have ford check it out and they will pay for it also giving me one of their trucks to drive in the meantime which is good. Probably bc the truck is 45k$ and it's been in and out of their service department since I've owned it.. I would like to know if anyone could pin point the issue so I know what they should be fixing and that I'm not just thrown bs when I get it back, and they've only just put a bandaid on it. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-03-2019, 03:36 PM
agpopp
Tuned
Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Number one thing that comes to mind is the harness connection near the parking brake has come loose like many others in the past. Might get lucky and reseat it and roll on. I do think there was a TSB on it.
Good luck.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:12 PM
dirthawg
Posting Guru
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
I would agree anytime the dash goes bonkers the first thing to check is the large harness that is attached to the parking brake bracket near the drivers side kick panel.

Plenty of threads around here discussing the issue but here is a post that should help pinpoint the area you need to address.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post18411988

Old 08-12-2019, 09:26 AM
Steven Trottier
New User
Originally Posted by dirthawg
I would agree anytime the dash goes bonkers the first thing to check is the large harness that is attached to the parking brake bracket near the drivers side kick panel.

Plenty of threads around here discussing the issue but here is a post that should help pinpoint the area you need to address.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post18411988

Cool, i appreciate it. I did see a lot about the harness but never was the same thing that was happening with my truck. A lot of people's trucks shut off completely. Still waiting to hear back on the diagnosis..

Old 05-26-2020, 11:23 PM
Jimmy Rank
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Steven Trottier
Cool, i appreciate it. I did see a lot about the harness but never was the same thing that was happening with my truck. A lot of people's trucks shut off completely. Still waiting to hear back on the diagnosis..
Hey, Steve. I was wondering what the resolve was on your issue?

Old 06-01-2020, 04:34 PM
Polo Pony
New User
Last month I had a similar issue (electrical going haywire) Not quite the warnings that you had, but the rearview cam kept coming on by itself, Airbag light on and off. Fuel pump would cut in and out and then just drive fine. No CEL. First diagnose was a faulty Body Control Module (at the pax seat, where the fuses are). The reason that the BCU went bad was chafed wiring underneath the dashboard. Spliced that, replaced BCU and truck is good to go.
Except now I have the DEF heater issue.....Oh well.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:38 PM
Jimmy Rank
Freshman User
Do you know if your volts were spiking? When mine shut off, the volts on my truck would shoot up to 15, 16, and even 17 at times. FORSCAN shows multiple high volt warnings. It's at the dealer now, so guess we will see what the resolve is.

Old 06-06-2020, 07:02 PM
dirthawg
Posting Guru
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rank
Do you know if your volts were spiking? When mine shut off, the volts on my truck would shoot up to 15, 16, and even 17 at times. FORSCAN shows multiple high volt warnings. It's at the dealer now, so guess we will see what the resolve is.
If your voltage was spiking it most likely is a rotten battery wire harness.

Old 06-07-2020, 04:29 PM
Jimmy Rank
Freshman User
Originally Posted by dirthawg
If your voltage was spiking it most likely is a rotten battery wire harness.
That's what has been reported to me by multiple people. I just hope its fixed quickly.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:49 PM
Jimmy Rank
Freshman User
I got word from the dealership and the culprit is in fact one of the wires, the red one to be specific, that runs from the alternator to the PCM. The wire was corroded and it blew the fuseable link that is in that wire harness. Common issue reported by many people on this forum and on the Facebook 6.7 powerstroke page. The cost to pull the wire, repair the wire, and replace the fuseable link was $850.00. Not cheap, but I've heard of others spending much more in just trying to solve the problem and still having the problem (replacing batteries, alternators, etc). When deciding where to take your vehicle, search the Ford website for a dealer that has someone certified in Ford electronics. It took the guessing out of it, because they commonly see this issue.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:32 AM
tradosaurus
More Turbo
Received 134 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rank
Hey, Steve. I was wondering what the resolve was on your issue?
Stinks that the OP hasn't come back to give us a conclusion.