1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin EdgeLiners - 2015 F250 floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 10:12 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Michelin EdgeLiners - 2015 F250 floor mats

Recently a member of Ford-Trucks.com reached out to me and asked if I had any interest in reviewing the Michelin Edgeliner floor mats. My 2015 F250 met the criteria they were looking for. I agreed to open a thread with some pictures.

I purchased my 2015 during a black Friday sale my dealer was having during Thanksgiving week, 2014. Part of their sale was to include a free set of WeatherTech floor liners. My last F250 was a 2011 and I had Husky liners in that truck. I liked the Husky liners in my 2011. I thought they fit very well, were thick enough, and a quality product. They didn’t show the dirt and always seem to be priced lower than WeatherTech. Had the dealer not given me a free set of WeatherTech liners, Husky liners would also be in my 2015 truck. I also have Husky liners in my wife’s 2014 escape and she likes the very much.

Obligatory picture of truck:

I closed on the 2015 truck but the dealer was unable to get the WeatherTech liners in time for closing. I stopped a week later and installed them myself. The first thing I noticed about the WeatherTech liners is that they seem thinner than what I was expecting. They also seemed stiffer than what I was used to. Not sure this makes any difference though, just an observation. I also found out that the dealer only provided front WeatherTech liners and not front and rear. Who puts only front liners in their truck? So I ordered a Husky mat for the back seats.

So this is what they look like after being in my truck for 8-9 months. I work in an office and never take my truck off-road. The truck has 9,500 miles on it. These pictures were taken directly after having my truck washed, vacuumed, windows, and these WeatherTech liners were power washed. The car wash does a great job cleaning my truck. This is not a gas station wash but a company that cleans the entire truck, inside and out.

My WeatherTech liners always look dirty and I hate that. I understand that they will look dirty a day or two after being power washed but this is directly after being washed. There might be tips and tricks to get them to look new but floor liners shouldn’t require anything special in order to look new. The Husky liners in our Escape clean-up better than this as did my 2011 Husky liners. Power washing or hosing down with a spray hose should be sufficient it seems.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:12 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

I don’t think my WeatherTech liners fit very well either:

For a company that spends a lot of money advertising a laser fit, these fit okay. My Husky liners were not perfect on the passenger side either but I thought they fit better than this.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:13 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

My last comment on the WeatherTech liners, and this is a small point that does not apply to everyone, mine are slippery when it’s very cold. Wisconsin gets cold. Members from California, Georgia, Arizona, Florida, and Texas may not experience this. When it’s below zero, the truck has been sitting outside all day, and the bottoms of your shoes are cold, the WeatherTech liners are slick. Certainly slicker than the Husky Liners that I have owned.

So I am not a cheerleader for WeatherTech liners. They are better than nothing but they cost more than Husky and in my experience are not superior in any way. I certainly would not spend my money on a set of WeatherTech liners for any future vehicles. On the other hand, I don’t hate them enough to toss them out and replace them. So, in my eyes, WeatherTech liners are fine. Great marketing of an okay product.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:14 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

A few pictures of my Husky liner for the back passenger seats.

Solid mat liner coverage. No person has ever sat in the back seats of my truck.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:15 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

So this is the box that was mailed to me.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:15 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

Inside the box:

Old 08-07-2015, 10:16 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

They shipped both a front and rear liner.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:17 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

Initial impressions:

These are beefy. Thick and feel tough.

More of a soft, rubber based feel and not the plastic feel of WeatherTech liners. Even more of a flexible, rubber feel than the Husky liners. I think this flexibility could help with some of the fit issues I experienced with the WeatherTech liners.

Heavy, seem well made.

There is much more surface texture with the deep ridges. The surface also has a rubber feel. Not slick at all.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:18 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

Rear liner installed:

Old 08-07-2015, 10:20 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

Impressions of the Michelin EdgeLiner for the passenger area:

The coverage is wonderful. Much more than the Husky liner I previously had.

Look at how much coverage there is on the side of the bench seat.

I like the way this looks. (Looks are very subjective and some may hate the look)

It really fits this area well.

Glad this is a single, large mat and not two mats, one for each side.

The front seats are moved as far forward as physically possible for installation and pictures. Once moved back to their normal position, the carpet cannot been seen much from the back seats.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:20 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

Front passenger side installed.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:21 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

The fit seems better than Husky or WeatherTech liners. Due to the flexible nature of the Michelin EdgeLiners, as they sit in the hot truck for a few days, the fit may improve as they relax into their new space. You can see that the liner edge sits up a little. I think this is part of being boxed and shipped. This should go away and this area should lay flat. If it doesn’t, I’ll update the thread. This could be an area of concern for the passenger getting into the big truck.

Out of the box, there were some marks on the Michelin EdgeLiners. Hope this is not an indication that they will forever look dirty. Time will tell.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:22 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

Driver's Side:

Old 08-07-2015, 10:23 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

I consider the fit to be very good.

Final thoughts.

If I had to purchase Husky, WeatherTech, or Michelin EdgeLiners, I would purchase the Michelin EdgeLiners. I really like the look, coverage, feel, and fit. I’ve had them in the truck for 18 hours and have only driven 9 miles with them. I think I need to spend some time with them to give a better recommendation though. This is an initial impression and I’ve spent months and years with the other brands.

I also want to thank Ford-Trucks.com for asking me to do this. I really enjoyed putting this together and hope that other enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures. Don’t hesitate to reply to this thread. I always enjoy reading what others think.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:34 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,017 Likes on 2,200 Posts
Great review! Those do look nice and I didn't even know they were available

Quick Reply: Michelin EdgeLiners - 2015 F250 floor mats