1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my new to me f350

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 10:11 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my new to me f350

so i figured i'd make a thread for my new f350 i just bought. i absolutely love this truck, almost more than my excursion. i think the reason i like it more is because of the diesel, compared to my excursion being a v10.

anyways, its a 2004 f350 crew cab lariat dually PSD. 4x4, leather, etc. the best part...39k original miles and 1 owner local to me!

i do have a few mods planned, nothing major performance wise, as i bought a 5 year warranty and i dont want to ever have a problem, and then they blame a mod and not cover it/void the warranty. but i def want to do a straight pipe. i love the sound and want it louder and a loud whistle, which i think being early 04 build (jan), i may have the 03 turbo, im hoping! other than that, MAYBE a tuner (mild) down the road, that i can remove if i need to take it in, tint, weathertech floor mats, few audio upgrades, remote start/alarm, and if i come across them for a good deal, an 08+ tailgate, mirrors, rear bumper, and down the road i think i may do an 08-10 front end. i plan on keeping this truck for the long haul, as do i my 01 excursion.

here are some pics. overall its pretty clean, the paint has some scratches, theres a dent in the front bumper and a ding in the tailgate, but the rest of the body is perfect other than a few scratches. i do want to remove the window vent visors and clean off the adhesive and replace them with smoked in-channel ones, as well as remove and fill in the holes for the windshield visor.

i know alot of you have diesels and some tuned and faster than this, but this being my first PSD, i am amazed that it is this fast for a 1 ton truck, and a stock motor at that!

Old 07-11-2015, 10:28 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some nice looking Rigs , you will be Happy just keep up with the Maintainance

Old 07-11-2015, 10:48 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
Thanks!

yea ive got a lot of reading to do on diesels thats for sure! But i did buy this to act as my daily driver, with every couple days throwing the excursion into the mix. I was daily driving an 06 scion xB, which i loved, but wanted a truck, and more power. The scion was SLOW. Lol

Old 07-12-2015, 12:48 AM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
what you guys think of the toolbox? it came with the truck, its a more slim box compared to other larger ones, nice shape and came with the key, but it wasn't secured down good (i basically pulled it up without unscrewing anything lol). so its currently off the truck, i may sell it for whatever i can get for it, or put it back on and secure it to the bed properly. now that im thinking about it i may keep it since its already there, just to have. it leaves the lower part of the bed free so i can still slide in a good amount of full sheets of wood and still shut the tailgate.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:17 PM
evan1242
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ufvj217
what you guys think of the toolbox? it came with the truck, its a more slim box compared to other larger ones, nice shape and came with the key, but it wasn't secured down good (i basically pulled it up without unscrewing anything lol). so its currently off the truck, i may sell it for whatever i can get for it, or put it back on and secure it to the bed properly. now that im thinking about it i may keep it since its already there, just to have. it leaves the lower part of the bed free so i can still slide in a good amount of full sheets of wood and still shut the tailgate.
its really up to what you like, but personally i think it looks way to small for that big Ol dually lol

Old 07-12-2015, 04:17 PM
brd7666
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice truck. It's just getting broke in. Should last for years. Nice find.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-12-2015, 10:51 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
If you don't Mind the small box , I'm use to a large single lid for all my Crapege, You just never know when you need = extra pair shoes, oil , chains, tie down's , tools of all sorts pipe wrenches , Squirt guns, panty Hose OOps for got to take those out O-well good for a spare fan belt. better stop there before the wife looks in my tool box.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:55 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
haha

so i felt like hearing it without the muffler and stuff on, so i unbolted the exhaust im assuming at what is called the downpipe, it unbolted right under the passenger seat. sounds awesome, but i was expecting a louder whistle. and i saw no black smoke, i thought it would blow smoke with the cat/muffler off?

what can be done to get a louder whistle, or is there nothing other than putting an 03 turbo? did any early 04's have the same 03 turbo? how can you tell?

Old 07-12-2015, 11:02 PM
evan1242
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my new to me f350

Originally Posted by ufvj217
haha

so i felt like hearing it without the muffler and stuff on, so i unbolted the exhaust im assuming at what is called the downpipe, it unbolted right under the passenger seat. sounds awesome, but i was expecting a louder whistle. and i saw no black smoke, i thought it would blow smoke with the cat/muffler off?

what can be done to get a louder whistle, or is there nothing other than putting an 03 turbo? did any early 04's have the same 03 turbo? how can you tell?
Stock trucks don't blow smoke.
The really loud turbo whistle is from an 03 turbo or aftermarket
IIRC they bolt right in if you change the pedestal also.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:05 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
well a wicked wheel on a Garret power max would do it, but just adding the GPM on a stock with no Tune you don't get the full Benefit .

Old 07-14-2015, 12:16 AM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
so thanks to a wealthy family member that spent 5k on tvs at bestbuy recently, i got the reward zone points, so when they finish processing and show up on my account, between that, the points i already had, and the points from a 1500 dollar tv my dad recently bought also, ill have about $130 in reward dollars to spend there. i was gonna get a cheap 50 dollar tablet, then i said might as well get the most expensive one i can get without spending any out of my pocket ($130), then i was there yesterday and saw the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 (8" screen), for $199. so ill spend the extra $70 bux, because one its a decent tablet that i can take out and use in the house or where ever, but also i like the little built in stand. its very sturdy, and has a little hole in the center, so i can use the hole to mount it somewhere on my dash. since it's somewhat large, im thinking in the center under the little cubby hole that is under the 4x4 switch. i could mount it upside down and have it angled so it is easy to read from the drivers seat. ill use some type of nut and bolt that secures it good, but somewhat easy to remove if i want to use the tablet elsewhere. but mostly it's gonna stay in the truck running the torque pro app to monitor temps, etc. not sure if i can hook a backup cam to it, doubtful, but that'd be cool, but otherwise i think i can hook one to my double din pioneer head unit im going to install. more so for hooking up to a trailer when im alone, but nice to have for backing in and out of parking spots also.

any recommendations on CHEAP backup cams? i will use one of the license plate mounted ones if i have to, but i'd rather have something more stealthy if possible. my buddy got some cameras on amazon for 18 bux i think, forgot the brand until he texts me the link, but it was super small, like the size of my thumb, and had damn good image quality for 18 bux. if i recall, night vision was decent also, but if not, it's not a big deal, as i likely won't be hooking to a trailer at night.

for some reason, this image shows a windows OS, but it is android 4.4, 16GB storage, intel atom 1.33ghz cpu and 2GB ram.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:57 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
Got her tinted today! Gotta finish cleaning off the adhesive from those ugly vents. Going to replace them with nice smoked in-channel ones.

Also picked up a full set of weathertech mats for 70 bux. Beats 180 plus shipping for brand new ones!

This was missing when i got the truck. What would i search to find this part?

Old 07-14-2015, 06:19 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
any suggestions on removing the windshield visor? i mean i know how to remove it, i guess the only solution is to weld the holes shut, or put some sort of bolt and weather tight washer in it to keep the water from leaking in?

Old 07-14-2015, 07:16 PM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,488 Likes on 1,299 Posts
Congrats, that's a sharp, clean looking truck.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:38 AM
04badford
Lead Driver
On the trim Piece , would be the best bet. and to Match same color

Quick Reply: my new to me f350