Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

'56 F100 intervention

Old 07-26-2015, 04:06 PM
pweng1
Posting Guru
pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.
We knew you could do it Scott Who knows whats clogging things up. Get it right so oil is making it everywhere.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:13 PM
91Fbody
Senior User
91Fbody is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Do the 56s not have the problem with the oil feed line to the heads?

Old 08-25-2015, 06:40 PM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Little update.......got the Y running a lot better. Valves seem to be fairly quiet now. Changed the water pump and got the gas tank back in. Now it needs a fuel pump.......

Ol' Bill has been in the hospital for the last couple of weeks....had surgery and is recovering now. May have to go to assisted living for a while. He seems to be in good spirits anyway.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:58 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tinman52 View Post
Little update.......got the Y running a lot better. Valves seem to be fairly quiet now. Changed the water pump and got the gas tank back in. Now it needs a fuel pump.......

Ol' Bill has been in the hospital for the last couple of weeks....had surgery and is recovering now. May have to go to assisted living for a while. He seems to be in good spirits anyway.
Well, knowing you got his truck running should help with the high spirits anyway. Nice work.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Tedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputation
Once ya get 'er runnin good just intervene right over there to the facility and assist Bill with a ride and get the hell out of there for a while! God bless that's a nice thing you folks did.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:18 PM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Tedster9 View Post
Once ya get 'er runnin good just intervene right over there to the facility and assist Bill with a ride and get the hell out of there for a while! God bless that's a nice thing you folks did.
I was thinking the same thing today when I went to visit him today at the hospital.....he asked me if I drove it there!
The tires are all rotten from sitting or I might try it...

Old 08-25-2015, 10:46 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Tedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputation
Well it could be done. I'm good for a couple bucks to pitch in for tires. Betcha there's more folks here, too.

Do ya think your buddy would be up for some pics of him cruising around? If he's asking about his truck that's not a bad sign i guess. Sometimes that stuff is tough to pull off. Gettin old ain't for sissies.

Hey where you guys at btw up by Libby and the cabs?

Old 08-26-2015, 08:56 AM
ImSoQuazy
Senior User
ImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to behold
Comin in late on this post...

Drive it to him.

I second Tedster9 motion

Paul

Old 08-26-2015, 06:18 PM
ZOOT
Elder User
ZOOT has a good reputation on FTE.ZOOT has a good reputation on FTE.
Great ! Very admiral mission and we're all behind you. Good for you. The good karma will get you through. Wish I could help. Good luck.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:24 PM
ZOOT
Elder User
Originally Posted by Tedster9 View Post
Well it could be done. I'm good for a couple bucks to pitch in for tires. Betcha there's more folks here, too.

Do ya think your buddy would be up for some pics of him cruising around? If he's asking about his truck that's not a bad sign i guess. Sometimes that stuff is tough to pull off. Gettin old ain't for sissies.

Hey where you guys at btw up by Libby and the cabs?
Count me in, I'll help buy the tires or whatever. Lets start a fund guys, making someone in that position happy for just an hour means so much. Makes me think of my old man in the nursing home....

Old 08-26-2015, 06:48 PM
pweng1
Posting Guru
pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.
It things like this that put us apart from other forums

hey I think we have a great guys here on this forum. And if we all get behind something like this and just bring us all closer together. Count me in

Old 08-26-2015, 11:04 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
Scott is one more example of the very special people we are lucky enough to have here on FTE. I've never met him in person but I can tell you from my experience with him and the help he has offered me, that he is one of the most kind hearted, always ready to go out of his way to help someone even when his plate is already full. I don't mean to embarrass you Scott, and I hope I haven't crossed any lines here, but this story is just one more example of what a special human being you are. Thanks for sharing such a touching story. Rock on Scott, Rock on. Count me in for a few $s, post or pm the info.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:15 AM
tinman52
Welder User
Thanks guys, that is a very generous offer! A great example of the type of folks on this forum. The best!
I'll let you know if your help is needed, I may have some tires lined up for him.

And Jimmy, you are too kind........right back at you!

Old 08-27-2015, 11:00 AM
ZOOT
Elder User
Maybe you could PM the guys who want to contribute to the effort.. Name address, and we can send a check. I think a number of us want to. I do.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
'56 F100 intervention

Hm, that will work, though maybe PayPal or a similar dedicated electronic account would be more convenient.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '56 F100 intervention

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.