Sponsored by:

Going to get another letter

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 09:48 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
It amazes me that anyone would want to live in an area with a HOA.

I would end up in jail if some polo came up and started telling me what to do with my house, yard, etc.

The X looks great! that sure was a tall paint booth!
There are many reasons Andy, I can send you a list if you'd like. I think the primary reason is security and home value depreciation from having your neighbor paint there home in rainbow motif lol.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I've never actually set it on here but I would kill for us to have an H OA in our neighborhood it would run several people out of here quite quickly or get their homes and nice enough shape to where I enjoyed coming home

Old 07-06-2015, 04:23 PM
obiwan kenobi
Mountain Pass
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
The trouble with HOA's are its just like new laws; a little more personal freedom is lost every time a new law is passed.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by obiwan kenobi
The trouble with HOA's are its just like new laws; a little more personal freedom is lost every time a new law is passed.
To a point. Yes you should be free to **** in your front yard, but I would rather you not take that freedom every morning when you go grab your paper. It's not the freedom that's the issue, it's that 1% that crams it down everyones throat by pissing on the lawn to show that they can and you can't stop them that makes people want to pass laws to make it stop. If something happens and there is a medical emergency and he stops and pisses on his lawn I don't want anyone to say "Hey ****er, stop that **** I'm calling the cops!" I want to see him say to himself "Thank the Lord I can do this and don't take advantage of it." If people would clean up their front lawns and put their kids **** away and cut their grass more than once a year it wouldn't be so bad

Old 07-06-2015, 07:27 PM
obiwan kenobi
Mountain Pass
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
To a point. Yes you should be free to **** in your front yard, but I would rather you not take that freedom every morning when you go grab your paper. It's not the freedom that's the issue, it's that 1% that crams it down everyones throat by pissing on the lawn to show that they can and you can't stop them that makes people want to pass laws to make it stop. If something happens and there is a medical emergency and he stops and pisses on his lawn I don't want anyone to say "Hey ****er, stop that **** I'm calling the cops!" I want to see him say to himself "Thank the Lord I can do this and don't take advantage of it." If people would clean up their front lawns and put their kids **** away and cut their grass more than once a year it wouldn't be so bad
This is why you buy acreage

Old 07-06-2015, 07:46 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to get another letter

Amen Master Obiwan

Old 07-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 07-06-2015, 10:56 PM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
There are some absolutely sh***y neighbors that reside in HOA'S as well.....they just happen to have nicer cars and greener lawns.

I'd never live in a neighborhood with strict HOA rules.

Our old house was bought new, came with some "sub division rules." Minimum amount of square footage, minimum amount of square footage of brick or rock on the house facing the street, earth tone exterior colors and I think that was it.

About 8 houses at the top of the hill. The rules lasted 7 years or so and there were no dues or anything.

We lasted 3 years before I got fed up with being in high tax district....

I do like pissin' off my back patio!

To each is own.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by NCTunanut
Oh, I think they'll be sending a letter about my paint booth, but it's already taken down. My wife told me she hates it, I told her that she's really going to hate it when I put the tow mirrors on that she wouldn't let me get when I ordered the truck from Ford. I got the one finger salute and to sleep with the dog last night.

Oh, it's Monstaliner and the work is all in the prep. Painting it is the easy part. Now what to do with the trim and running boards ? I was thinking desert sand, but when I put the trim on the truck, it didn't look good at all. I may go black or maybe just leave it naked.

Apoc, Lake Norman is just north of Charlotte. An easy 3 hr drive down 81 to 77.
Excursion looks killer. Rather than cladding I would suggest the stone guards for the rear. Also some 08+ tow mirrors would fit perfectly on there.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:13 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Old 07-07-2015, 01:13 AM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
I bet I'll be in the minority but I think that's cool! Usually it's guys wanting to go the other way around though, from truck to Ex. Kinda has that truggy look.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:13 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I'll take the flames and say I'd rock that if it was a diesel. Granted it would need a color makeover to become more menacing.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:57 AM
pgg00
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 on the acreage. I'm on 60 acres and i wouldn't be able to stand having my neighbors any closer.

As far as security that's what my GSDs and AR15 are for

Old 07-16-2015, 05:57 AM
NCTunanut
Senior User
I got the letter yesterday. It was just a "friendly reminder" that doing what I did isn't allowed, I put it with the rest of them. X is coming along, got the bumpers and tow mirrors back on. I'm going with black on the trim and a black custom safari rack running boards. Cladding and badges are next on the list. My wife hates it, but every male for 6 to 60 loves it.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:14 AM
lowrango
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Really like how this is coming out.

Quick Reply: Going to get another letter