Vermont Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: wildstang

Vermont July 2015 BS - watch the fireworks and be independent with BS

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 06:11 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 131 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by David7.3
If I take the other job I would be happier, but the money is not there. It would work out about half of what I am taking home now. There is no way I can make it work. If I had a trust fund I would be driving JolleyGreen and not Blue turd. and my wife wouldn't be in a 2000 expedition and my snap-on bill would be paid off. and on and on. And I wouldn't be waking up at 3am when normal people sleep. There is only one reason I am excited to go to Arizona, open carry, dont even have to be a resident. Nothing like packing when your packing.
Half the money that is a big cut. Besides if you liked the job then what would you bitch about?? You definitely like obummer and his dictatorship

Old 07-02-2015, 06:52 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Received 122 Likes on 112 Posts
Good morning woodchucks.

Dave, suppressors are legal in VT, why fly to AZ to get one? Lot's cheaper to come up here. Not sure why anyone would want one but you can buy one if you want. Personally I like a loud bang!

Roy, the photos are awesome. Nice to be able to travel along with you vicariously while I work on projects here.

Jim, how are those practices going? It was raining here until almost 7 last night. The field has to be awfully wet.

Dave, if you're making $50/hour where you are I guess I'd stay but $25/hr plus benefits, medical, retirement program, etc is worth a lot too, especially in the future. You have to be good with your decision so none of us can help with that.

Off to camp this weekend so hopefully the rain will stay away. Been to the RV once for a few hours since I opened it up in May, that's how crazy busy it has been. But with the wiring done and hoping for better weather, maybe we can get some time there in July. June was kind of a wash out anyway - third wettest on record I believe. Over 8 or 9 inches.

Off to church. Scaffolding is mostly now in place for the high elevation work. Lot's of safety issues with fall protection etc. Anyone falls from 60+ feet up they will be hurting puppies. Here's one more photo of the scaffolding:

Old 07-02-2015, 07:12 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
In case you are wondering, the ceiling is vaulted so we have to bridge between the two scaffolding towers to create a stable platform for reaching up to the ceiling, where the plaster was knocked off and cracked and loosened. It is a long way up when you get up there.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:27 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love it Shawn the physcatrist, runs down everyones problems, I am not going to AZ for a suppressor though I will pick up a couple, not cheap either. There just to have when the Zombie outbreak hits. Nothing more. I'm going to visit friends and family, this will be our 3rd or 4th trip out. Seen all the sights, Grand cannon, Tombstone, Mexico, Vegas. I am no longer a sight seer, now I relax with friends and we are going to spend 2 days a couple hours with a realestate agent just to look, my boy just moved to this gated community 4 bedroom 21/2 bath, corner lot and paid $189,000 for it. No snow no grass just heat. this will be the longest we have ever stayed, 10 ten days, usually by day 5 your skin peals and not like a sun burn type thing, we always have the damp, humidity in the north east, you guy's know, out there your eye lids stick to your eyes. Hat is not optional and I never were a hat, I mean never. So we are pushing what we are use to so maybe we can retire out there, I'm good with A/C. My wife has been at the doctors office for 22 years, she can take her pension and run, and manage a dr. out there. Lots of old people. Just options. The last one has a little less than 3 years and he is falling out of the nest. Whether we go north or we go west, we are not staying here.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:33 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Not a psychiatrist but I did learn a long time ago that everyone on the internet has an opinion but only you have to live with yourself.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:33 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Originally Posted by sbryan
In case you are wondering, the ceiling is vaulted so we have to bridge between the two scaffolding towers to create a stable platform for reaching up to the ceiling, where the plaster was knocked off and cracked and loosened. It is a long way up when you get up there.
When these banana's are up there repairing that plaster remember what it took before a spackle knife even touched the lath. Then maybe they will get it right and not fall down the first time you slam a door. That is my holy advice for you today my son. Now say 5 Hail Mary's and 1 Our Father. Nothing leaves the walls of this convesional

Old 07-02-2015, 07:37 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by David7.3
When these banana's are up there repairing that plaster remember what it took before a spackle knife even touched the lath. Then maybe they will get it right and not fall down the first time you slam a door. That is my holy advice for you today my son. Now say 5 Hail Mary's and 1 Our Father. Nothing leaves the walls of this convesional
You are in rare form today David! No bananas here just a guy with really good restorations skills who has been doing plaster for a long time. And the initial construction must have been a lot of fun back in 1847 - not a lot of scaffolding like we have today; of course none of the OSHA guys looking over your shoulder either.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:46 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Very true Shawn but the only thing I do on the internet is FTE, I don't know how to get mail, or not on facebook and dont surf the web, no interest, I like this little group and I'm happy here, If I need to print something I get my sons, iF IT JAMS ALL UP get the kids, I think I have 32 thousand messages inbox, my son says it slows everything down, down care moves fast enough for me. I can type for anything and I cant sit too long left leg always falls a sleep. so it's up and down and I'm a doer, I want to get out and do stuff. I get a headache staring at this stupid screen, cant spell for s***, DID WAY TO MANY DRUGS IN SCHOOL WHEN i SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION, HIT THE CAPS KEY AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT till now.. Story of my life. If the second half of my life is a tad better than I did alright. I think I will go out side and get run over by a dump truck now. See ya Some kind of terror attack I hear it on the radio in the shop, gotta go.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:47 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
You are in rare form today David! No bananas here just a guy with really good restorations skills who has been doing plaster for a long time. And the initial construction must have been a lot of fun back in 1847 - not a lot of scaffolding like we have today; of course none of the OSHA guys looking over your shoulder either.
and people waiting outside for your job when one fell. Splat I'm next in line.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:46 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning Vermont, TGIF... or is it TGIT? Either way, the holiday weekend is almost here.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:49 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Good morning woodchucks.

Dave, suppressors are legal in VT, why fly to AZ to get one? Lot's cheaper to come up here. Not sure why anyone would want one but you can buy one if you want. Personally I like a loud bang!

Roy, the photos are awesome. Nice to be able to travel along with you vicariously while I work on projects here.

Jim, how are those practices going? It was raining here until almost 7 last night. The field has to be awfully wet.

Dave, if you're making $50/hour where you are I guess I'd stay but $25/hr plus benefits, medical, retirement program, etc is worth a lot too, especially in the future. You have to be good with your decision so none of us can help with that.

Off to camp this weekend so hopefully the rain will stay away. Been to the RV once for a few hours since I opened it up in May, that's how crazy busy it has been. But with the wiring done and hoping for better weather, maybe we can get some time there in July. June was kind of a wash out anyway - third wettest on record I believe. Over 8 or 9 inches.

Off to church. Scaffolding is mostly now in place for the high elevation work. Lot's of safety issues with fall protection etc. Anyone falls from 60+ feet up they will be hurting puppies. Here's one more photo of the scaffolding:

Good morning Shawn. June was a tough month to do stuff outside. If the forecast is close, there could be no rain until next Wednesday. Farmers need a dry stretch to try and get hay in. should be great at the camper, i'm a little jealous. we have an appraisal for next Tuesday so we got plenty of projects to complete.

yesterday practice for the boys was supposed to be going to the mountaineers game but that was cancelled so they had and hour practice at the Barre BOR. tonight's practice should happen outside. The Spaulding field actually stays pretty good even with all the rain

amazing what people built back 200 years ago without all the machines and tools we have now.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:50 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe
Good morning Vermont, TGIF... or is it TGIT? Either way, the holiday weekend is almost here.
good morning Rob

Old 07-02-2015, 09:03 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning Jim!

Wow, just looking at that scaffolding makes me queasy, no way I'd be going up there!

Old 07-02-2015, 09:28 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe
Morning Jim!

Wow, just looking at that scaffolding makes me queasy, no way I'd be going up there!
Don't worry Rob. That is what the noose around your neck is for, to keep you from splattering on the floor

Old 07-02-2015, 10:52 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,060 Likes on 4,160 Posts
Morning Varmints...and...wannabees!!!

Quick Reply: Vermont July 2015 BS - watch the fireworks and be independent with BS