Ford just cancelled my order

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 06:54 AM
Shogun71
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford just cancelled my order

Good morning,

I just learned that the custom build of my F150, 5.0 V8, super crew, 6.5' box, Max Payload package, navigation, and other goodies for towing, was cancelled.

I placed the order in April knowing the max payload packages would be delayed a little. I had contacted the dealer a few times and they confirmed that the order was placed.

I gave them a call to get an update and was told Ford has cancelled my build.

On top of that I sold my other vehicle and purchased a Diamondback HD cover for the new truck....

All they will say is that sorry but we will give you an additional $1000 off another vehicle...

Any truth to orders being cancelled?

Old 06-30-2015, 09:53 AM
Shogun71
New User
Yup, just confirmed Ford will not be building any custom orders of the max payload packages for the 2015 F150.

5 people at the dealer I ordered from have had their orders cancelled with basically a "sorry"...

Old 06-30-2015, 12:35 PM
JPDME
New User
Is Ford is cancelling orders with the 2.7EB payload package too?

Old 06-30-2015, 01:09 PM
Shogun71
New User
I was told all builds with the max payload package will be cancelled as of July 1, 2015!

Old 06-30-2015, 05:32 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Pretty much covered in another thread here

Frame shortages seem to be the culprit. Nothing your dealer did wrong, putting in an order is not a guarantee even when it's accepted by Ford. They can probably do a locate and get you something close.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:19 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
That sucks. I'm not sure who you purchased your cover from but I would give them a call. I would think they would exchange the cover for you assuming your current cover doesn't fit the next truck.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:31 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Any truth to orders being cancelled?
Also, why in the world would you think they lied about that? Nothing is worse that getting a deal in jeopardy.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:57 PM
Shogun71
New User
The tonneau cover is a diamondback HD, factory ordered. I live in Canada and the cover was shipped to a parcel pickup company in the USA, and I went and picked it up and brought it back myself vs paying hundreds of dollars more for shipping to Canada since I was making a trip anyways.

To return the cover would entail a substantial cost for shipping or having to somehow find a way to get it back across the border and shipped.

I have very specific needs for my truck and features which appear to not be common.

I had a 4Runner for daily use and an F350 for towing our family travel trailer.

Once it was confirmed the order was placed with Ford, I sold the 4Runner and accepted daily driving of the F350 and increased gas costs on a short term basis.

Now I am stuck with no reasonable daily driver, no new vehicle, a new cover I will likely be unable to use, and have been told I am out of luck.

My dealer has done all they can but still at the end of the day Ford has completely let me down.

How easy would it have been for me to cancel the deal and to get out of the order a week before delivery?

Old 06-30-2015, 07:37 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
I see that your situation kind of sucks. I would try the dealer locate option. I've always been able to find a nicer truck than I wanted by using dealer locate.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:17 AM
redford
Received 1,565 Likes on 913 Posts
On the flip side, what did you expect Ford to do? They can't build your truck as you wanted it.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:20 AM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by redford
On the flip side, what did you expect Ford to do? They can't build your truck as you wanted it.
Take away the long lead time to tell him. Pretty reasonable expectation.

It's not so much a problem as much as a big disappointment. He was looking forward to a new truck and POOF! it suddenly disappeared.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:25 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
How easy would it have been for me to cancel the deal and to get out of the order a week before delivery?
It all depends on what your state laws are and what you signed. If you put a non-refundable deposit down, that would have been all you were out. Frankly, here, you'd even get that back. That's why some dealers don't like to order, it gives several weeks for Ford to screw the pooch, or a customer to get cold feet, or get impatient and just buy elsewhere. That's why its always a "buy it now" industry.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:54 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts
On the bright side, maybe you'll be able to get a shiny new 2016 F-150 in a couple of months!

Old 07-01-2015, 10:03 AM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by GlueGuy
On the bright side, maybe you'll be able to get a shiny new 2016 F-150 in a couple of months!
Exactly, it's not like Ford cancelled the F-150 forever. They just can't make certain custom builds currently.

OP ordered the first model of a drastically redesigned vehicle, supply chain problems happen and early adopters have to acknowledge the risk they assume trying to get into the market early. No one at Ford made him sell his DD vehicle or buy a part for something he didn't own yet, those were his decisions that have absolutely nothing to do with Ford cancelling the order.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Shogun71
New User
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel
Exactly, it's not like Ford cancelled the F-150 forever. They just can't make certain custom builds currently.

OP ordered the first model of a drastically redesigned vehicle, supply chain problems happen and early adopters have to acknowledge the risk they assume trying to get into the market early. No one at Ford made him sell his DD vehicle or buy a part for something he didn't own yet, those were his decisions that have absolutely nothing to do with Ford cancelling the order.
Well thanks for the heartfelt sympathy. ;-/
I guess I'm not able to say anything bad about Ford.

I guess I'm supposed to just jump up and down with joy at my amazing luck.

This is not my first time with a custom order but the first time anything like this has ever happened.

I'm working through things and options and my dealer is doing what they can. It may just be best to wait for the 2016 but I'll be paying full price rather than the incentives I already had, or wait an entire year.

There are many that have been affected by this.

Quick Reply: Ford just cancelled my order