Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What's with the ads??

Old 06-29-2015, 12:31 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim View Post
I use Internet Explorer on my laptop running Window's 8.1. The only ad I can find is the small Tire Rack ad next to my log in name (about the size of a thumbnail). I just read in the benefits of a Premium Membership, it says that 1 or 3 year members get fewer ads, not no ads. "EDIT" Sorry to bring this back up, I didn't realize that I was on page #2 and this had already been put to rest.
Jim, a couple of days ago, there was a problem with the site. The screen was shifted to the left about 1.5 inches. Those not using AdBlock or those without paid membership were receiving ads down the right side of the screen.

I had the margin error, but couldn't figure out why. Then this thread was started, and I realized I was not seeing the ads, but had the blank space for them on my screen too.

The next day, it was fixed, and everything went back to normal.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:45 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
Thanks for the explanation Joe, By the time I realized I was reading a post that had already been resolved, I had already jumped in like a dummy.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:44 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
not a dummy, just a semi senile old fart that reads threads from the last post back to the first, after responding to the last post.

and don't worry, this senile old fart does the same damn thing.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:58 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold
haven't been on for quite some time now , but i don't have any of the ads showing on it , but i used to get words highlighted in blue that if you ran over them with the pointer from yer mouse they would bring up an ad and that was and is infuriating as i too pay so i don't have to deal with the crap . haven't seen any yet this time but the night is young !!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2015, 07:17 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 55 f350 View Post
haven't been on for quite some time now , but i don't have any of the ads showing on it , but i used to get words highlighted in blue that if you ran over them with the pointer from yer mouse they would bring up an ad and that was and is infuriating as i too pay so i don't have to deal with the crap . haven't seen any yet this time but the night is young !!!!!!!
It's been corrected...

Old 06-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe