Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

04 sport trac windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 06:39 AM
ProudFordMan
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 sport trac windows not working

I have an 04 sport trac adrenalin. Just bought it a week ago. I have a couple questions. #1. Do the adrenalin models have a limited slip diff? #2. My spedometer works whenever it wants to, is this just a cluster issue? #3. All of the window switches on the other doors don't work. My rear window switch works fine. The driver door controls all the windows just fine. Each separate door switch doesn't work. But say you're rolling the passenger door window down from the driver door, and you hit the passenger door switch, it will still interrupt it and stop rolling the window down. Any suggestions?

Old 06-10-2015, 01:07 PM
shorod
Logistics Pro
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
For the power window issue, you might just have the Window Lock switch toggled on the driver's door master window control. There will be another switch near the 4 power window buttons for the window lock. Toggle it and see if the other switches then work.

As for the speedometer on the cluster, does the cruise control still work fine, even when the speedometer is acting up? Does the ABS light every come on for no obvious reason? Do you have a scan tool or OBD-II bluetooth dongle that would allow you to monitor the vehicle speed parameter in the PCM to determine if the vehicle knows the correct speed even when the speedometer is not working?

-Rod

Old 06-10-2015, 01:25 PM
ProudFordMan
New User

No, the window switch is not on lock. Even toggled it back and forth a few times to make sure it wasn't an issue. The abs light has not come on at all, I do have a scan tool, but haven't hooked it up to reat speed signal, not sure if it reads that or not. Was under the influence it was a cluster problem because it has no set a code for it nor turned the abs light on. Haven't tried the cruise yet to be honest with you. Been more concerned about the windows more lately to be honest.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:54 PM
ProudFordMan
New User
Tried the cruise on the way home from it worked. Sometimes me odometer doesn't read at all (hitting bottom peg), sometimes it reads right, sometimes it reads wrong. But cruise always works. And no abs light

Old 06-10-2015, 10:37 PM
shorod
Logistics Pro
I took a look at the factory wiring diagram for the 2004 Sport Trac and the power and ground at the driver's master switch is the same for the driver's window and the rest of the windows. The only things that would make sense for what you're experiencing is if the Window Lock switch was never closing, the Red/Light Blue wire from the Window Lock switch to the other windows was broken, or the master switch is bad for the windows that probably saw the least amount of use, the other three window motors are bad, or one or both wires for each of the other windows was broken between the switch and the window motors.

Does the switch backlighting for other power window switches work?

-Rod

Old 06-11-2015, 06:02 AM
ProudFordMan
New User
No, the other switch lights do not work

Old 06-11-2015, 06:33 AM
shorod
Logistics Pro
I'd suggest you get out the multimeter and check for battery voltage on the Red/Light Blue wire at the driver's master switch in both Window Lock switch settings. If you don't have voltage there, it would seem there's a problem with the master switch (since the driver's window still works). If you do have voltage there, I'd check the condition of that same wire in the accordion boot between the driver's door and the cab.

-Rod