6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Ford Releases TSB 15-0088 For 2015 Active Regeneration Jackhammer Valves Issue

Old 06-17-2015, 02:02 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
If you can expect no more help from Ford or your dealer, have you talked to anyone about a lemon law case? You seem to have plenty of data to support your case.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Nick in Maryland
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No sense in keeping it if it is not performing as it should and thus certainly cannot be considered enjoyable.
They have given you paperwork acknowledging a problem existed. They have tried new PCM strategies to fix these trucks, to valve stem cleaning( that got close with that one, they just needed to ream the guides to allow for exhaust guide film and thermal expansion. Satellite valves would help as well.)to telling you what they wanted to monitor.
FORD, I ask you, why two different campaigns to rectify the situation, open and issue case numbers, ask people to monitor things, give all this acknowledgement that this is not normal documentation and then close people's existing cases and leave the others out in the cold? Would you treat a family member that way? When is the next stock holders meeting?
They have slammed the door shut.
YOU ALL NEED A MOTOR TORT ATTORNEY PERIOD

Old 06-17-2015, 06:44 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick in Maryland
There have been plenty of these valve cases showing impact with piston.
Really? Where?

I'm in Ford dealerships every day and I have yet to see one or even hear of one.

Gotta love threads with conspiracy theories.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:46 PM
Nick in Maryland
Senior User
I don't argue

Old 06-17-2015, 06:54 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
I don't argue

You don't provide facts either. What do you seem to provide are posts with nothing to substantiate them... Thanks!

Old 06-17-2015, 07:22 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,406 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I don't argue

Old school 7.3 owner?

Have you worked on a 6.7 or driven one?

Old 06-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If valves were slapping pistons at such a high rate on these motors, it would be all over the forums years ago..... with lots of picture proof.

Weird how there's none of that.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:19 PM
etcbrown
Freshman User
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I absolutely believe you wharrell, same problem here!

I have a 2015 F250 King Ranch 6.7

I am having the EXACT same issue as wharrell.

Started around 4500 miles. Dealership is doing the same...trying to tell me that I need to drive the truck through regen which I have done repeatedly without any reduction in symptoms.

The best way I can describe the issue is that near the very beginning of a regen cycle if you attempt to accelerate even very mildly (especially in the 40-60 mph range) the truck starts to violently shudder. If you continue to give it throttle (still in the very light throttle range) a noise (that you can hear in wharrell's video around :38) that I would best describe as detonation or pinging/knocking starts and it sounds VERY hazardous to the engines well being. And don't bother with "diesels are a compression detonation engine of course it is detonating"...I realize that, I am saying that is the closest thing I can describe the sound to, a gasoline engine with significant pre-detonation occurring.

No codes are captured. I had the dealer install a data logger and the diesel technician says nothing unusual was logged during the 3 separate events I captured for them. Right now they are telling me they need to drive it until it happens (they already did this for 5 days) so they can see the issue.... I doubt that will help anything as they still won't have any data. They claim to have never heard of the issue. Their logic is that Ford would obviously release a TSB if there were an issue (then they point to the joke of a TSB from the OP). How very naive.

I am growing quite angry as my truck has spent 9 days in the shop now over this issue and all I have gotten is run around. I won't name the dealer just yet as I still have high hopes of reaching a resolution.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:33 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There have been plenty of these valve cases showing impact with piston. When they cleaned the film from the stems they would stay out for awhile but as soon as the film would return the momentary sticking would return.
I'd like to see some pics of this. In all the cases I've seen in gas motors that the pistons hit that valves the impact was destructive to the valves and sometimes the piston. Regardless, the stems were usually bent and the valves bent as well.
I searched for this but I'm unable to find related 6.7 pics. Did you take any? Would you share these?

Old 06-17-2015, 08:35 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
LOL, he would share but it would be too argumentative.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:40 PM
speaser
New User
cant fix if can not recreate the concern. you can tell me all day that this thing is doing it and I can only trust or fix what I can see happen. with millions of miles of wires and everything being controlled by up to twenty different modules u cant just tell me what it does and expect someone to come up with an answer.
also how much do u do at work that u do for free. because if u are flat rate (which is what most master diesel techs are ) u make no money from anyone to test drive a vehicle. i spend several hours a week working for free to help customers and fix there problems just because i think i need to help and like to figure out the problems. but sometimes there are issues that are covered with reprograms or the like that i dont have to figure out without help from engineers at ford.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:32 PM
etcbrown
Freshman User
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by speaser
u cant just tell me what it does and expect someone to come up with an answer.
also how much do u do at work that u do for free. because if u are flat rate (which is what most master diesel techs are ) u make no money from anyone to test drive a vehicle. i spend several hours a week working for free to help customers and fix there problems just because i think i need to help and like to figure out the problems. but sometimes there are issues that are covered with reprograms or the like that i dont have to figure out without help from engineers at ford.
I can't tell you what is wrong and expect you to come up with an answer? Unbelievable. Your job is literally to fix vehicles (diesels apparently) and your excuse is that you don't get paid for it. Perhaps not your fault; the dealership develops the criteria to pay you. But your comment shows the who cares not my problem (but it is) attitude that is prevalent in society today.

As a customer who paid $60,000 for a vehicle that is still under warranty I could care less who is getting paid. All I know is I am owed a vehicle that works as intended.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:59 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hope these issues get resolved..........

Old 06-17-2015, 10:07 PM
louisianashooter
Freshman User
this was my exact post a couple days ago on another forum until a member on that forum pointed me to this thread: "Was driving tonight at 50 mph truck was in 6th gear. I started to notice a bouncing vibration, almost felt harmonic. Looked at the gauge cluster noticed the instant mpg gauge was like 1-2mpg. Lowered the volume of my music and heard a clunk noise I hit the brakes then it suddenly stopped. Anyone have any ideas? Just hit 5000 miles have not changed the oil yet."

I believe that I am having the same issue.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:13 PM
Nick in Maryland
Senior User
Google it, Fomotech, a full time diesel Ford dealer tech has done that for you. The manners certainly does not make a mature person feel in the least bit so inclined to react like an immature teenager and and get upset and spend a lot of effort explains to said person valve failure alanysis, the thermodynamic effects and how they relate to the 6.7s valve failures and their components, the two different Ford issued TSBs that specifically addressed this valve issue, the one issued last week stating if customers come in with complaint they are to be handed this form stating this is normal.
I'm an independent, thirty years, that goes to other shops, the only one I have worked on was one that had a light he wanted checked to see if it was critical to take to dealer. You work on a lot? That's cool, nice to meet you.
I go to shops that have had them ripped apart. I know of a hand full of owners over at The diesel stop that have been thru both valve campaigns. I highly respect Fomotech over there who has personally done a few of them and provided documentation and is with me one the joke of the valve TSB campaign. He has been on it since the beginning and was the kind of guy who is on flats rate not the clock, not only from the problem first arising, to TSNs being posted within an hour or so, was the kinda of guy to stop what he is doing to get that out there for folks like yall. Got some similar mannered responses at first over there as well. Something about the messenger...I don't know. Politeness and manners seems to get you more of what you want, and others just say, "good luck and do your own research"
Yes, Im old school , thirty years diesel and hydraulics so of course I drive a modded mint lariat 56 decibles, do you know how many decibles your truck is, I do, silky Queen that's a worker, to answer the other Gentleman's question.
I came came over to this forum because a couple of your members and site sponsor know me and my credentials, had been telling me this was a nice place and I should check it out.
I have, Nice to have metyou fine gentleman.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford Releases TSB 15-0088 For 2015 Active Regeneration Jackhammer Valves Issue