Notices
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Money squandered - hopefully lessons learned

Old 03-02-2019, 03:24 AM
GaryKip
Postmaster
GaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to behold
If he would rather repair the doors than use the parts truck doors, how bad are the doors on the parts truck? That door in the picture will need some serious TLC.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:03 AM
hillcountryflt
Posting Guru
hillcountryflt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Doors are not bad on the parts truck. But again, he seems to know his stuff. he did basic repairs on this in about 4 hours. We discovered some more damage underside of the door that he is going to have repair. But I like what I see so far.

Fender is fully welded in. Door piece is tacked in.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:54 AM
GaryKip
Postmaster
GaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to behold
Yes, it does look good! I guess you better let him keep on doing it his way then.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:08 PM
JEFFFAFA
Post Fiend
JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.
I would never argue with your body man. I was a parts man not a body man. But it sure seems to me that by the time he cuts all the rusted metal away to reach good steel, he may change his mind. 2X Gary. How bad are the parts truck's doors?
On the wiring, don't forget to do the headlamp wiring mod. And maybe even the 3G alternator mod.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:04 PM
bajafishnut
Posting Guru
bajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to behold
2X on the 3G alternator... my lights have never been so bright... and due to the complete darkness here in Baja, bright lights are a big help. Not any city lights, or very few, and once away from town a half mile, it is black, black, black, with cows and horses on the roads. I have "Bumped off" 3 over the years, and that pun was intended. A note on cow "Bumping", from experience... let up on the brakes a split second before impact, and the front end will rise just a bit, giving the bumper a better shot at even contact. Kind of like squaring up for a 'Bunt' in baseball.. Back to the 3G... do it, do it, do it...

Baja