Toyhauler modifications thread - Page 27 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Toyhauler modifications thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Posting Guru

Tricon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Tricon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprat View Post
Nice nothing wrong with free, quite power.
Seriously though, this 320w kit I bought from Solar Blvd really has me looking Elon Musk's way...solar tiles, a power wall, and a new Tesla for the wife...but honey, think of all the money we'll save! haha.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Post Fiend

Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricon View Post
Seriously though, this 320w kit I bought from Solar Blvd really has me looking Elon Musk's way...solar tiles, a power wall, and a new Tesla for the wife...but honey, think of all the money we'll save! haha.
Love it!!!!
Old 10-10-2017, 12:52 AM
Junior User

Dakar Dad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricon View Post
Yup, they were a little tall for my current boxes but they are perfect fit on the other dimensions. I bought the Costco variety GC-2's, the boxes came with the trailer, I can look later for the manufacturer, but if I were to buy again I'd look for a GC-2 sized case anyways.
Just my suggestion, but I had purchased two Trojan 6v batteries and had to get new boxes a year ago.
They are great batteries but a different shape than most. After alot of searching I got these boxes at Amazon and they fit great now.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:25 AM
Postmaster

HRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to behold
I was hoping to put both batteries (Trojan T-125's) in the same box. NOCO produces a dual battery box.
Amazon link: http://a.co/4HeWZEB It's on my to-be-considered list. But at more than twice the cost of two single battery boxes I'm not sure a dual box is worth it. But I don't want to have to secure two boxes and coordinate cables between boxes.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:39 AM
Junior User

Dakar Dad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I do remember seeing that box. It has been awhile but I think the base wasn't going to fit on my welded on angle iron on my battery mount.

Plus the cost was kind of high, but it does look like a tough box.

There is only one wire from one box to the other to make the connection, and so I made a new one on mine so that I could rotate one battery from the way it was before for a cleaner install.