Toyhauler modifications thread - Page 26 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Toyhauler modifications thread

Old 09-16-2017, 07:48 AM
Senior User

defekticon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.defekticon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Big-Foot, that is awesome! Thank you! I think that's the route we're going to go. Would love to get a triple in there.

Did you attach it to the floor?
Old 09-16-2017, 07:57 AM
Post Fiend

Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by defekticon View Post
Big-Foot, that is awesome! Thank you! I think that's the route we're going to go. Would love to get a triple in there.

Did you attach it to the floor?
Thanks...
The only way to get a triple in our unit would have been to toss the dinette out.
We did not anchor it. The slide it sits in is carpeted and the feet of the unit dig right into the carpet. You would have a very hard time trying to slide the seating anywhere.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:00 AM
Postmaster

Chuck's First Ford has a good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a good reputation on FTE.
our recliners also are not attached... just parked on carpet..

2 years and they have not moved. maybe 7,000 miles.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:26 AM
Postmaster

HRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to behold
I need to do something about the seat bottoms of the dinette in my unit. They are uncomfortable, especially if you try to seat three people on it. The middle person gets a bar on their butt. When converted into a bed it's not any better. There's posts from guys that have changed out the foam for improved comfort, but if I'm going to change the foam I think the fabric is going to get changed also.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Senior User

defekticon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.defekticon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
I need to do something about the seat bottoms of the dinette in my unit. They are uncomfortable, especially if you try to seat three people on it. The middle person gets a bar on their butt. When converted into a bed it's not any better. There's posts from guys that have changed out the foam for improved comfort, but if I'm going to change the foam I think the fabric is going to get changed also.
If I were going to keep my dinette I'd do the same thing. The kids are more pliable than the adults. They sleep/sit on the foam without issues. My wife and I however can't stand sitting on that material. I would take just the cushions to an upholstery shop to see what the options were. I can't image it being too expensive to get done. They might just say there isn't much they can do with the limited thickness and lack of suspension under the padding material. Like you would find on a regular piece of furniture.