Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon or Bakflip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 10:10 AM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I have had mine for almost 3 years, still working great

Old 06-16-2019, 10:35 AM
Sportscape
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I have had my Bakflip for 4 years and I can tell you my initial feelings were correct, it's bad. The panels bow down, the leaks keep getting worse, the color has faded, and the black coating has come loose from the aluminum panels, all in all junk. I’m trying to get the money together to replace it, just hard to pay $900 for something that didn’t work from day one, and is scrap pile ready in 4 years.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:54 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,093 Likes on 994 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Sportscape ! Have had my Peragon for...WOW...so long I can't remember anymore. Did you get a quote from Peragon for a replacement. Nice discount for FTE members.

Oh yeah, it's their 20th Anniversary too...new prices. https://www.peragon.com/

Old 09-25-2019, 10:52 AM
smokewagun
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
I really like the Peragon, but I can’t imagine how it will be in winter. It looks like a warm climate cover. If the cover is not absolutely clean of snow and ice, it will fall into the bed when opening. Also, the one video on line shows water on the cover draining into the bed as the cover is opened. Are any of you owners experiencing this? I’m switching to a short box, and thinking I can’t sacrifice the space the cover eats up when open, and how do you load the front bed if you can’t push items to the front bulkhead? Do you build a panel across to keep the folded panel void clear? If a load shifts and slides forward under hard braking, you’ll never open the cover without crawling under to pull the items out... correct?

Old 09-25-2019, 12:46 PM
Wassup8687
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smokewagun
I really like the Peragon, but I can’t imagine how it will be in winter. It looks like a warm climate cover. If the cover is not absolutely clean of snow and ice, it will fall into the bed when opening. Also, the one video on line shows water on the cover draining into the bed as the cover is opened. Are any of you owners experiencing this? I’m switching to a short box, and thinking I can’t sacrifice the space the cover eats up when open, and how do you load the front bed if you can’t push items to the front bulkhead? Do you build a panel across to keep the folded panel void clear? If a load shifts and slides forward under hard braking, you’ll never open the cover without crawling under to pull the items out... correct?
I've had my Person cover for over a year. I do get some drips in the bed occasionally. I live in a snowy area and haven't had issues in the winter. I brush the snow off and try to keep it clear.

I bought one of the spreadable bars from Harbor Freight to keep items in the back so I can easily reach them. You could move it up towards the front if you were worried about items sliding under the cover in the front. Only taller items would be an issue if they were high enough to block the movement of the cover going into the bed.

I love my cover and would buy it again.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:28 PM
Chelle87
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I clear my cover and don't open it when it's covered in snow. I have had some items slide into the bed and have had to crawl into retrieve it in order to open the cover. I think I might get one of those bars that Wassup mentioned to keep all of my groceries from sliding all over the place. I've been happy with my Peragon and appreciate the hard cover with the flexibility of opening and closing it without it taking up tons of space when open.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:23 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
I too brush off the snow (what little SE Virginia gets) and I keep a hook in the bed to pull my items towards me. But then again, that's why I have the wooden homemade bar across the aft portion of the bed to secure items between it and the tailgate.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:15 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,093 Likes on 994 Posts
I've had a foot (or more) on mine..... no problem,,,not even after it turned to ice. Of course I had to wait till it thawed before I ould remove it. Again, no aftereffects.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:35 PM
smokewagun
Cargo Master
Good to hear. I ordered mine last week. American made... excellent customer service.... priced beautifully.... 100 day money back if not satisfied.... tested in the freezing local of upper Minnesota. Enough for me. I cant wait to get it!

Old 10-24-2019, 09:00 PM
smokewagun
Cargo Master
(Post Deleted)

Old 08-04-2023, 03:48 PM
Nevets Negah
5th Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by white Buffalo
Good post 1L243, great explanation and answers to the questions.

Here is a pic of the part of the Peragon cover that sits on the bed rail. Looks like it should cover the holes on the bed rail you asked about.

Very happy to have come across this reply w/pic and I make no apologies for resurrecting this zombie, as I just installed a B&W Companion in my '21 F350 on it's puck system.

I have been debating on purchasing a Peragon until I could find comfirmation that it will operate in conjuction with a 5er hitch without issues, which your photo here just did confirm for me. Thanks for posting it White Buffalo.

I'm not at the 25 post limit yet to be able to reach out to Heath via PM about whatever the "cousin-in-law" deal might be on these bed covers for FTE members. Once I do meet that threshold however, rest assured I will be contacting him forthwith on their newer LimitedHD model as I find that XPR Matte finish treatment intriguing.

Being that they are manufactured and still sold factory direct here in the glorious U.S. of A. is just sauce for the goose.

.....despite being built in wonderful Wisconsin.

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-05-2023, 05:31 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by Nevets Negah
Very happy to have come across this reply w/pic and I make no apologies for resurrecting this zombie, as I just installed a B&W Companion in my '21 F350 on it's puck system.

I have been debating on purchasing a Peragon until I could find comfirmation that it will operate in conjuction with a 5er hitch without issues, which your photo here just did confirm for me. Thanks for posting it White Buffalo.

I'm not at the 25 post limit yet to be able to reach out to Heath via PM about whatever the "cousin-in-law" deal might be on these bed covers for FTE members. Once I do meet that threshold however, rest assured I will be contacting him forthwith on their newer LimitedHD model as I find that XPR Matte finish treatment intriguing.

Being that they are manufactured and still sold factory direct here in the glorious U.S. of A. is just sauce for the goose.

I am actually a beta tester for Heath and we've mounted two of the new covers, one on my stepson's 2017 F-150 with the 6.5 bed and one of my daughter's 2018 F-150 with the 5.5 bed. We were his perfect opportunity to test both nearly at the same time.

The matte finish is awesome! The mounting and locking systems have improved and now the cover can be locked partially open to accommodate larger items or perhaps a fiver. Better reach out to the Peragon team for better insight on this with a full description of your truck.

As before, there is a forum, military and first responder discount. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Heath and his team for honoring our heroes and continuing to build right here in our back yard.

I've been on the phone and zoomed with Heath and his engineers, great people!

The following 2 users liked this post by tseekins:
Old 08-05-2023, 03:11 PM
Nevets Negah
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by tseekins
I am actually a beta tester for Heath and we've mounted two of the new covers, one on my stepson's 2017 F-150 with the 6.5 bed and one of my daughter's 2018 F-150 with the 5.5 bed. We were his perfect opportunity to test both nearly at the same time.

The matte finish is awesome! The mounting and locking systems have improved and now the cover can be locked partially open to accommodate larger items or perhaps a fiver. Better reach out to the Peragon team for better insight on this with a full description of your truck.

As before, there is a forum, military and first responder discount. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Heath and his team for honoring our heroes and continuing to build right here in our back yard.

I've been on the phone and zoomed with Heath and his engineers, great people!

Very pleased to see your reply and endorsement here tseekins on both the LimitedHD model as well as the company in whole. I'm more than happy to have cancelled my order for a BAK MX4 I had purchased prior to finding this post and discussion thread.

I'm also please to report that this is my 26th post here on the FTE Forums, so I'll be reaching out to Heath immediately after penning this reply to you and get my Peragon order in the pipeline for my '21 F350 SCLB.

I agree with you heartily that the XRT Matte finish by all appearances visually is dynamite, and I'm certain it will be tough as nails as it looks like a very similar material application I've had professional experience with back in my days as a machinist.

The following 2 users liked this post by Nevets Negah:
Old 09-18-2023, 09:37 AM
Nevets Negah
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Peragon
I just PM'd you details on our special deal for forum members! Thank you for considering a Peragon cover for your truck!

Good Morning Heath.

I attempted to send you a PM to ask about this special discount for FTE Forum members, but for some reason when I clicked on the PM envelope icon above your account name, It will not open the messgaing system for me.

May I prevail on you to send me a PM with the details on this instead when you find a moment, please?

Thanks so much!

Old 12-12-2023, 08:01 AM
sgmshipp
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How has this worked out for you? I have a 2022 F350 XL Dually Long bed with the exact same puck/5th wheel hitch as you do and I've been searching and if I am going to spend the coin these things cost I want to know how it works out.

Originally Posted by Nevets Negah