Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon or Bakflip?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 02:17 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 983 Posts
Originally Posted by Chelle87
I received my cover yesterday and installed it last night with my hubby. I will post a new thread today with my review!

Where did you post your review? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!

Old 05-30-2015, 04:53 PM
Chelle87
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Where did you post your review? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!
Haven't had a chance... Life is busy, but I will post one soon!

Old 07-06-2015, 08:14 AM
jermnmary
New User
Smile Peragon Tonneau

Originally Posted by Peragon
I just PM'd you details on our special deal for forum members! Thank you for considering a Peragon cover for your truck!
My husband and I just bought a used 2011 Ford F250 we are in love with. We are also looking for a tonneau for it. Could you please message me the special deal details and if you also have a Military discount?

Thanks,
Mary

P.S
We are also in Wisconsin

Old 07-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jermnmary
My husband and I just bought a used 2011 Ford F250 we are in love with. We are also looking for a tonneau for it. Could you please message me the special deal details and if you also have a Military discount?

Thanks,
Mary

P.S
We are also in Wisconsin
Well, howdy Neighbor! Congratulations on your new F-250 and thank you for considering a Peragon cover to complete it!

The forum isn't giving me the message option for you, so if you would please email our team: sales at peragon dot com, we'll reply with information on our special offer for forum members and our Military discount.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Brucelee777
New User
I'm SO happy that I continued reading forums!!

After a terrible experience with the top of the line LEER cap that wore my paint down to metal after 3 months (bad seller install and warped fiberglass)!! ��, I knew that I needed something to replace it.

I was gonna buy a bakflip yesterday but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I think part of it was that they bad so many "distributors" and it was confusing to know where/whom I was buying from.

Early in my search I saw Peragon and immediately thought "wow that's sexy", but the negative reviews I found turned me away. During my additional research this morning it appears that it was an "early adopter" issue and issues have since been resolved. Early products always need some bugs worked out!

What pushed me over the edge was the fact that Mr. Copp posts on the site, and reviewers here are happy with the customer service.

I'm getting a Peragon for my 2014 f150!!

Old 08-23-2015, 03:59 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by Brucelee777
I'm SO happy that I continued reading forums!!

After a terrible experience with the top of the line LEER cap that wore my paint down to metal after 3 months (bad seller install and warped fiberglass)!! ��, I knew that I needed something to replace it.

I was gonna buy a bakflip yesterday but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I think part of it was that they bad so many "distributors" and it was confusing to know where/whom I was buying from.

Early in my search I saw Peragon and immediately thought "wow that's sexy", but the negative reviews I found turned me away. During my additional research this morning it appears that it was an "early adopter" issue and issues have since been resolved. Early products always need some bugs worked out!

What pushed me over the edge was the fact that Mr. Copp posts on the site, and reviewers here are happy with the customer service.

Welcome to FTE!

Heath is a great business owner for sure with an American made product and a quality first mentality. Peragon's customer service will blow you away.

Old 08-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Brucelee777
I can think of no higher compliment, thank you for your business!

Originally Posted by tseekins
Heath is a great business owner for sure with an American made product and a quality first mentality. Peragon's customer service will blow you away.
Thanks, Tim!

Old 10-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Glockem45
Elder User
Question

Heath et al,

I am really struggling with this decision between BakFlip and Peragon. The QA/QC issues about the BakFlip is stopping me from buying their BakFlip F1 product, otherwise I would buy it. I love the Peragon design and price, but I don't like losing the front 12-15" of bed space due to the Peragon angled folding design. This is what is stopping me on the Peragon, and the mounting hardware forward of the wheel wells in the bed.

No other brands seem to build a product as nice as BakFlip and Peragon. So I just can't make a decision on this. Please advise.... Thanks.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:14 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by Glockem45
Heath et al,

I am really struggling with this decision between BakFlip and Peragon. The QA/QC issues about the BakFlip is stopping me from buying their BakFlip F1 product, otherwise I would buy it. I love the Peragon design and price, but I don't like losing the front 12-15" of bed space due to the Peragon angled folding design. This is what is stopping me on the Peragon, and the mounting hardware forward of the wheel wells in the bed.

No other brands seem to build a product as nice as BakFlip and Peragon. So I just can't make a decision on this. Please advise.... Thanks.
Definitely a valid concern. I've packed my daughter out for college for the fourth and final time this fall using totes and boxes and being able to load everything under the over. I use a hook to pull the totes to the tailgate and unload that way.

Every cover will have some inherent inconveniences. I used a fiberglass shell for a lot of years on an older truck. It was perfect till I needed to haul topsoil or mulch.

The Peragon is my first folding cover so my experience is very limited. Knowing what I know now about Peragon's customer support, i'd go back to them everytime.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:29 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 983 Posts
Actually you do NOT lose even 12" ...I have a photo here somewhere where I uses a ruler and it shows about 8" from front of the bed to the end of the rolled up cover.

I have no trouble using my bed for ANYTHING I wish to carry. Only thing to watch for is getting something UNDER the roll to where it prevents the cover from unrolling - for me it's firewood for camping.

The take home for Peragon IS the customer support... it just cannot be beat.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Heath et al,

Originally Posted by tseekins
Knowing what I know now about Peragon's customer support, i'd go back to them everytime.
Originally Posted by BPofMD
The take home for Peragon IS the customer support... it just cannot be beat.
Thank you, Tim and Bud!

Glockem45 - Every bed cover has its advantages and the best choice for each truck owner comes down to how you use your truck 80% of the time. If you select your cover based on that use and can work around any limitations the other 20% of the time, you'll likely be happy. Where our design competes well is against other retractable designs with a canister in the front of the bed that permanently uses up valuable cargo space. Our customers also like that when the Peragon cover is open it doesn't block their back window.

I believe the "hardware forward of the wheel wells" you're referring to would be the ramps that our roller bearings ride up and down as the cover is retracting. Those ramps are tucked under our guide rails and are outside the wheel wells, so they don't get in the way of sliding cargo into the bed.

While our cover does require space to fold into the front of your bed, you can pretty easily work around that as Tim described. Also, when I'm traveling with a bed packed full, I put items at the front of the bed that I won't need until my destination, keeping items I need easy access to closer to the tailgate.

When you buy a Peragon cover, you're purchasing a product from a Family Owned, American Made company in Wisconsin. You'll get a craftsman-built product with support that can only come from a company like Peragon!

Old 10-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Glockem45
Elder User
Thumbs up

Thank you, Tim and Bud!

Glockem45 - Every bed cover has its advantages and the best choice for each truck owner comes down to how you use your truck 80% of the time. If you select your cover based on that use and can work around any limitations the other 20% of the time, you'll likely be happy. Where our design competes well is against other retractable designs with a canister in the front of the bed that permanently uses up valuable cargo space. Our customers also like that when the Peragon cover is open it doesn't block their back window.

I believe the "hardware forward of the wheel wells" you're referring to would be the ramps that our roller bearings ride up and down as the cover is retracting. Those ramps are tucked under our guide rails and are outside the wheel wells, so they don't get in the way of sliding cargo into the bed.

While our cover does require space to fold into the front of your bed, you can pretty easily work around that as Tim described. Also, when I'm traveling with a bed packed full, I put items at the front of the bed that I won't need until my destination, keeping items I need easy access to closer to the tailgate.

When you buy a Peragon cover, you're purchasing a product from a Family Owned, American Made company in Wisconsin. You'll get a craftsman-built product with support that can only come from a company like Peragon!
Thanks for the response. Yes, I meant the ramps, and those large bolts that "appear" to stick out. I agree with your 80% utilization comment. Some form of engineering sacrifice has to be present in a Tonneau cover. Peragon here I come.

The BakFlip appears to be hit or miss as far as reviews goes. The people that rate them high, always have some tertiary comment in their review, about horrible customer service, or poor QA/QC finding missing parts, wimpy mounting brackets, drain tubes, weatherstripping ripping or falling off, or aluminum shavings, or bent rails, horrible instructions, and they all report water leakage from somewhere. I would go nutz if I received a $1k F1 cover from them and any one of the issues I just mentioned were present with my cover. Yet BakFlip maintains about a 65-70% customer satisfaction review rate. This is what my online research produced on BakFlip.

I just got my truck LineX'ed in the bed, and now want to top off the bed before leaf and acorn season take over and fill my truck bed with goodies I can't get rid of.

By the way Heath, I have been working with Rebecca in your customer service shop, and she has been very helpful.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Thanks for the response. Yes, I meant the ramps, and those large bolts that "appear" to stick out. I agree with your 80% utilization comment. Some form of engineering sacrifice has to be present in a Tonneau cover. Peragon here I come.
(...)
By the way Heath, I have been working with Rebecca in your customer service shop, and she has been very helpful.
Great, thank you! We'll take good care of you now and down the road if you need anything, we'll be here!

Old 10-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Glockem45
Elder User
Thumbs up

Great, thank you! We'll take good care of you now and down the road if you need anything, we'll be here!
Just ordered it.

I just hope you have a long enough box to ship it in since I have a "LONG BED".... And not some wimpy Toyota TACO.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Just ordered it.

I just hope you have a long enough box to ship it in since I have a "LONG BED".... And not some wimpy Toyota TACO.
Thank you for your order! Boxes...oh, do we have boxes - even for the mighty F350 LOOOONG Bed!

Quick Reply: Peragon or Bakflip?