Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Hints and tricks for all the bells and whistles

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 03:10 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
Because the Mysync software is written by Microsoft. I wonder if the vehicles using Apple's stuff retaliate?

I'm a techonut, and years ago I swore I'd never have another Windows Mobile device as that one was pure junk and should never have been released. So, I moved to Apple and was happy and even bought some stock. But, now my Apple devices are driving me nuttier. This iPad, using Safari, has just reloaded a web page I was reading at least 6 times - and each time placing me back at the start of the article. On my other iPad Safari crashes if I try to post a URL or do a bulleted list on this site - each and every time. Both are running the latest OS, as is my iPhone 6 - which is running the same version of iOS. But it doesn't reload the web page nor crash on FTE.

So, I guess what I'm saying is neither system is perfect. But, given my truck cost a lot more than the phone, I'll consider an Android next time I change.
I've been an Apple-hater since the early 90s. Their "my way or the highway" attitude has always rubbed me the wrong way. Living only a few miles from Apple HQ (our old house was only a half mile from their new space ship), doesn't make it easy. The density of Apple-only users is quite high around here. Sort of makes me an outcast, but I don't mind.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I've had customers get their Iphones to work, but I never remember where the setting is. It's on your phone. You have to grant permission for messages to be pulled or something along those lines. Found this on Google, so it looks like its a "maybe" and "sometimes". Honestly it's why I won't every buy Apple products. They are great, and their control of their platforms leaves little issues between devices. But they also trap you into their product line.

Does SYNC receive text messages from the iPhone? Maybe | Ford Tech Lane

Old 05-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Doug - Thanks for that. Using the instructions from the document you provided i find that I can send and receive text messages in two ways via Sync and my iPhone.

First, with notifications turned on and a complete reboot of the phone, I now get a notification on Sync that I've gotten a text message. And Sync will read it to me. However, I am as yet unable to send text messages directly via Sync. Even sending the canned messages fails. But, I'll play with it a bit more as it may be something I'm doing, or not doing.

However, if I press and hold the Home button on my phone until Siri comes on, which I hear through Synch, then I can communicate with Siri, via Sync, and get her to read my messages or send a message.