Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist Find of the day thread

Old 05-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Technologiq
Elder User
Technologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud of
Craigslist Find of the day thread

Moderators Edit: We'll see if this works on a temporary trial basis. I can understand wanting to help each other out and alerting people to good deals, but most items on CL will be strictly regional, and it may be too tempting for people to list their own CL ad which is against FTE Guidelines.

If you are tempted to post your own CL ad, please don't.
If you post a CL ad (and it isn't yours) and you later see it's missing, it was a discretionary call. Don't question why in an open thread because that too is against FTE Guidelines. You can PM one of the Excursion Mods and ask though.

This thread is rife with many pitfalls and problems that can get users in a lot of trouble, and I'm not convinced it will work smoothly, so let's all try to make it work together.

If you need to re-familiarize yourself with FTE Guidelines, they can be found here: Site Guidelines - Ford-Trucks.com

Also, a link is always listed at the top of every FTE page, in the larger black colored toolbar.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Stewart
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Mods Note

Much like the "FREE PARTS" thread, this thread will only show a limited number of posts. Probably one month or so since CL ads go away fast.

On the first of every month (or thereabouts) the oldest posts will be deleted to keep the size of the thread manageable.

Stewart
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was about to post a link to CL and have a whole new thread about it (well I guess I still am) but figured all those CL find threads could be consolidated into one to make this easy.

Anyways - on to what I found. This guy has this listed for a F-250 but since the holes for the hooks are Horizontal I think this would bolt right up to an Excursion and it looks damn near brand new:

OEM Ford F250 / F350 / Excursion Trailer Hitch Receiver

Last edited by Stewart_H; 05-06-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Jeff53
Senior User
Jeff53 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jeff53 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jeff53 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jeff53 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Check out the custom driver seat upholstery

Old 09-02-2018, 08:06 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Not bad, though I’d take it to the next level with sticky gorilla tape on that steering wheel.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:38 PM
RobRoss
Posting Guru
RobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
Not bad, though I’d take it to the next level with sticky gorilla tape on that steering wheel.

Ha! Don't forget about flex seal!

Old 09-02-2018, 08:57 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Postmaster
pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.
Ha, my brother lives on the beach and his Ex that he bought new and now only has 100k on it rusted through the roof, he totally flex sealed it.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:48 PM
PrescottIce
Senior User
PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.
"Good for parts or beater truck".

Uh, looks like it's had the second one covered for a while already.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:12 AM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.
https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/c...690167995.html

Trying to determine if this is a scam posting or not. It's been listed for almost 2 weeks. Really clean truck.

Old 09-16-2018, 11:00 AM
ArmyLifer
Elder User
ArmyLifer is a name known to allArmyLifer is a name known to allArmyLifer is a name known to allArmyLifer is a name known to allArmyLifer is a name known to allArmyLifer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DidieX View Post

Trying to determine if this is a scam posting or not. It's been listed for almost 2 weeks. Really clean truck.
$6000 for a 50k mi really clean diesel and has been listed 2 weeks. Definitely a scam.

Old 09-16-2018, 11:04 AM
PrescottIce
Senior User
PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.

I'd call BS just because of the "too good to be true" factor - an '03 7.3 with 51k miles for half the price of a 200k mile example. My guess is that was a set of pics taken in 2005 or so. The dealer sticker looks like Auffenberg Ford, in Illinois. Front tag doesn't look like a NY tag to me unless that's a different one from what I usually see. I can see a windshield sticker of some sort, but I don't know what NY has for inspection/tax stickers. As for the rest of the pics, I'm not sure I recall many setting like that in Brooklyn - those must have been taken on vacation upstate, right?

If you're that curious, can't hurt to contact the seller, right?

Old 09-16-2018, 10:16 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr
wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by ArmyLifer View Post

$6000 for a 50k mi really clean diesel and has been listed 2 weeks. Definitely a scam.
Says "5" straight piped" from what I can see of the tip, it doesn't look 5" to me. That truck would be at least 3 times that asking price

Old 09-17-2018, 09:21 AM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.

first three pics you can see the plate. white plates are TX, not NY. Probably a scam, as the scammers like to lift pics from TX ads.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:47 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr
wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
first three pics you can see the plate. white plates are TX, not NY. Probably a scam, as the scammers like to lift pics from TX ads.
NY has a white plate with I believe blue lettering along with the license plate with yellow background.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:41 AM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by wildstang View Post
NY has a white plate with I believe blue lettering along with the license plate with yellow background.
they have a White with blue bottom band, which you can see isn't there on pic #3. The Blue/gold only has the band on top.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:30 AM
johntpr
Senior User
johntpr has a good reputation on FTE.johntpr has a good reputation on FTE.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/163272406926?ul_noapp=true

2004 Harley wheels.

Also if anyone can return the favor, I am looking for a single one of these rims to use for a spare tire/

Old 09-23-2018, 04:35 PM
ScotF150
Senior User
ScotF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
2009 Harley rims.

Last edited by ScotF150; 11-21-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: gone

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Craigslist Find of the day thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.