Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist Find of the day thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Technologiq
Elder User
Technologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud of
Craigslist Find of the day thread

Moderators Edit: We'll see if this works on a temporary trial basis. I can understand wanting to help each other out and alerting people to good deals, but most items on CL will be strictly regional, and it may be too tempting for people to list their own CL ad which is against FTE Guidelines.

If you are tempted to post your own CL ad, please don't.
If you post a CL ad (and it isn't yours) and you later see it's missing, it was a discretionary call. Don't question why in an open thread because that too is against FTE Guidelines. You can PM one of the Excursion Mods and ask though.

This thread is rife with many pitfalls and problems that can get users in a lot of trouble, and I'm not convinced it will work smoothly, so let's all try to make it work together.

If you need to re-familiarize yourself with FTE Guidelines, they can be found here: Site Guidelines - Ford-Trucks.com

Also, a link is always listed at the top of every FTE page, in the larger black colored toolbar.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Stewart
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Mods Note

Much like the "FREE PARTS" thread, this thread will only show a limited number of posts. Probably one month or so since CL ads go away fast.

On the first of every month (or thereabouts) the oldest posts will be deleted to keep the size of the thread manageable.

Stewart
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was about to post a link to CL and have a whole new thread about it (well I guess I still am) but figured all those CL find threads could be consolidated into one to make this easy.

Anyways - on to what I found. This guy has this listed for a F-250 but since the holes for the hooks are Horizontal I think this would bolt right up to an Excursion and it looks damn near brand new:

OEM Ford F250 / F350 / Excursion Trailer Hitch Receiver

Last edited by Stewart_H; 05-06-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:29 AM
unleashd
Elder User
unleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to behold
I miss my EX So, I keep looking at CL ads

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto...559430466.html

Old 04-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Sunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
No pictures and only a very basic description, maybe someone doesn't understand what they have and it's value or a possible scam?
Either way someone more local should make contact and maybe land a real deal on a Hensley Arrow.
https://spokane.craigslist.org/tro/d...564120624.html
Either is certainly possible Tom. I've noticed a lot of scams for trailers on my local CL lately, often for odd amounts around $2000 when the trailer would normally go for around double. In the case of most of them, they only have one or a few pictures, and they were taken from eBay ads I saw a few weeks prior.

They would certainly be better off selling it back to Hensley for trade in!

Originally Posted by unleashd View Post
I miss my EX So, I keep looking at CL ads

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto...559430466.html
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think that would look much better back at stock height, with factory XLT wheels, and minus the light bar. Condition wise, it looks well worth the work to do that.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:24 PM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a good reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a good reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think that would look much better back at stock height, with factory XLT wheels, and minus the light bar. Condition wise, it looks well worth the work to do that.
I'm with you on the height and wheels, but the light bar is pretty good IMO.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:49 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Bumper magic

Old 04-20-2018, 03:36 PM
01__Excursion
Senior User
01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.
Good parts rig...
Although I'm not so close to this one, and hour away.

https://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/...545806664.html

Old 04-22-2018, 04:18 AM
Tbug05LTD
Junior User
Tbug05LTD is starting off with a positive reputation.
https://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-ford-excursion-limited/6544217571.html

seems like this might be decent deal

Old 04-22-2018, 09:34 AM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
Centurion 4 Door Bronco

I have always thought these were cool. Unfortunately, they always rust where they are welded together. Only a half ton, but still neat. I can only imagine how bad the rust is on it.......

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford...568102946.html

Old 04-23-2018, 02:07 PM
EXSwap
Senior User
EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.
Not sure about the fitment, but if anyone wanted to try out a 2015 axle swap....

https://chillicothe.craigslist.org/p...538053319.html

Old 04-28-2018, 03:18 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
agsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to behold
https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/p...572431102.html

Price seems high to me...but for those interested maybe they could use it.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:24 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by agsmv1 View Post
https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/p...572431102.html

Price seems high to me...but for those interested maybe they could use it.

That is pretty cool never knew the Excision was setup to support a seat back there. So you basically can haul like 9 people with that extra seat. $950 is too much though.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:47 PM
Vanniek71
Junior User
Vanniek71 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Irish19614x4 View Post
That is pretty cool never knew the Excision was setup to support a seat back there. So you basically can haul like 9 people with that extra seat. $950 is too much though.
That is pretty cool, not sure if its $900 cool though

Old 04-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Irish19614x4 View Post
That is pretty cool never knew the Excision was setup to support a seat back there. So you basically can haul like 9 people with that extra seat.
It's a two-seater, so 10 people total...if you don't have 2nd row captains.

Originally Posted by Vanniek71 View Post
That is pretty cool, not sure if its $900 cool though
I dunno. If I had a family of 9 or 10, being able to buy this seat instead of being stuck with one of those extended passenger vans is an option I'd like.

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 04-28-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:24 PM
Vanniek71
Junior User
Vanniek71 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
It's a two-seater, so 10 people total...if you don't have 2nd row captains.
Stewart
From the ad - “Fits 3 children”

Would be perfect for me as I’ve got 3 of those lol (children)

Old 04-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Vanniek71 View Post

From the ad - “Fits 3 children”

Would be perfect for me as I’ve got 3 of those lol (children)
Yup!
(I didn't read the ad, I just looked quick at the pic)

Stewart

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Craigslist Find of the day thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.