Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist Find of the day thread

Old 01-10-2019, 06:13 PM
01__Excursion
Senior User
01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.
Stage 7 cancer, 7.3, 3000,000 miles, $5,500.00.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto...789426134.html

Old 01-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Daewoo
Senior User
Daewoo has a great reputation on FTE.Daewoo has a great reputation on FTE.Daewoo has a great reputation on FTE.Daewoo has a great reputation on FTE.
2002 7.3l 4x4 on a Sheriff’s sale.
https://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/cto/6791878244.html

Old 01-12-2019, 08:07 AM
lonnyallison
New User
lonnyallison is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here's a nice one around Cincinnati.

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ct...780218345.html

Old 01-13-2019, 04:57 PM
ScotF150
Senior User
ScotF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:07 AM
Jregezeino
Freshman User
Jregezeino is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Jregezeino is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Well not craigslist,but the local wrecking yard..
02 Limited Power/Heat/Captains

Old 01-14-2019, 06:54 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jregezeino View Post

Well not craigslist,but the local wrecking yard..
02 Limited Power/Heat/Captains
Grab those 2nd row captains chairs. They are becoming quite rare.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:32 AM
Jregezeino
Freshman User
Jregezeino is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Jregezeino is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by unleashd View Post
Grab those 2nd row captains chairs. They are becoming quite rare.
Got all three rows to replace my cloth xlt seats. Now just need the front power seat wire harnesses.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:42 AM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.

Got all three rows to replace my cloth xlt seats. Now just need the front power seat wire harnesses.
If that JY truck had memory (it looks like it did), you're in for a wild time getting that driver's seat to work.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:12 PM
PrescottIce
Senior User
PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
If that JY truck had memory (it looks like it did), you're in for a wild time getting that driver's seat to work.
I was thinking about that when my DSM went bad, what the worst-case scenario would be. I don't see anything keeping one from using the OEM seat-mounted switch to run individual relays to the motors... that would lose the memory function, but if his XLT never had it then he won't be losing anything.

Another option would be to keep the XLT seat track as currently wired, bolt the LTD seat onto it. Would have to make a solution for the power recline function, though.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:45 PM
Jregezeino
Freshman User
They’re actually only power adjust with heat, both driver and passenger. I do need the harnesses though in order to not cut up the seat harness. Here are the connectors. Anyone happen to have the diagram?

Driver

Passenger

Old 01-14-2019, 03:47 PM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by PrescottIce View Post
I was thinking about that when my DSM went bad, what the worst-case scenario would be. I don't see anything keeping one from using the OEM seat-mounted switch to run individual relays to the motors... that would lose the memory function, but if his XLT never had it then he won't be losing anything.

Another option would be to keep the XLT seat track as currently wired, bolt the LTD seat onto it. Would have to make a solution for the power recline function, though.
So at least on the Explorer, I had to use a non-memory passenger's harness that I'd re-pinned to flip the directions (up was down, etc.), but it took a lot of trial and error. This was partly because I was going from manual to power/heated, but I was able to keep the original seatbelt anchor, seat position sensor and pre-tensioner... it's a bit of a frankenstein seat with bits of 4 different seats, lol.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:45 PM
PrescottIce
Senior User
PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.
They’re actually only power adjust with heat, both driver and passenger. I do need the harnesses though in order to not cut up the seat harness. Here are the connectors. Anyone happen to have the diagram?
Well, the driver's seat on the Limited (if they're memory seats) isn't controlled by the buttons on the seat itself... it's controlled by the Drivers Seat Module (DSM). The buttons/switches send a command to the DSM, which then decides what output to send to the motors. This is because the DSM has to "remember" not only where you want it to position to from a memory button, but also where it is at all times so it can know how to get to where the memory position says it needs to go to.

The passenger's seat may be an easy and straightforward swap, I don't know as I haven't messed with one.

Congrats on finding a decent donor! Maybe start a new thread on the swap, I'm sure others will be glad to share their thoughts and experiences.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:07 PM
palacios289
New User
palacios289 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Jregezeino, swap the power seat track from a non memory seat track. much easier than trying to wire in the DSM. the seat is on bolted with 4 bolts to the seat track.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:37 PM
PrescottIce
Senior User
I think it would be near impossible to make the DSM work, at least without taking most of the donor vehicle's harnesses and possibly the fuseblock/GEM.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:00 AM
96firephoenix
Senior User
Originally Posted by palacios289 View Post
Jregezeino, swap the power seat track from a non memory seat track. much easier than trying to wire in the DSM. the seat is on bolted with 4 bolts to the seat track.
There pretty much is no "trying to wire in the DSM" Swapping the seat track and providing power to the heat module would probably do the trick though.
I think it would be near impossible to make the DSM work, at least without taking most of the donor vehicle's harnesses and possibly the fuseblock/GEM.
It's not that simple. It would be basically all of the wiring inside the cabin.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Craigslist Find of the day thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.