Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 07:16 AM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by MissileMech
Just before hitting the CAT scales

What is the impression of the quality of your camper? I have a 2018 sundance xlt 283rb that we have had for just over a year and we are likely going to sell it in the spring at a huge lose because im afraid of what might break next. Came with a hole in the canopy(they wouldn't fix even though it was from a screw in the frame), the shower is pulling out of the wall, the shower leaks at the base, the shower head was broke from the start, there are multiple nail pops on the roof or a bunch of junk under the rubber that will eventually push through, two cabinet doors are coming apart, slide seal is so uneven it doesn't touch the roof, all the silicone on the seams is peeling off because i doubt they prepped the surface, crap under the flooring that is pushing through and the ac event in the back room moves no air.

The following users liked this post:
Old 09-25-2018, 05:04 PM
MJMETHOW
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Terryd91
What is the impression of the quality of your camper? I have a 2018 sundance xlt 283rb that we have had for just over a year and we are likely going to sell it in the spring at a huge lose because im afraid of what might break next. Came with a hole in the canopy(they wouldn't fix even though it was from a screw in the frame), the shower is pulling out of the wall, the shower leaks at the base, the shower head was broke from the start, there are multiple nail pops on the roof or a bunch of junk under the rubber that will eventually push through, two cabinet doors are coming apart, slide seal is so uneven it doesn't touch the roof, all the silicone on the seams is peeling off because i doubt they prepped the surface, crap under the flooring that is pushing through and the ac event in the back room moves no air.
Wow I'd get some mice and turn them loose in the trailer for the winter.Than file a claim for rodent damage.Deer mice pay better on claims.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:29 PM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by MJMETHOW
Wow I'd get some mice and turn them loose in the trailer for the winter.Than file a claim for rodent damage.Deer mice pay better on claims.
hoping for lighting or a tree...

Dealer blew off everything we brought it in for and half assed any repairs they made. This year every time i wanted to bring it in they would need at least a month to even look at it. Most expensive mistake ive ever made was buying it. Pretty much will lose everything we got from trading in our old camper by selling it, but i don't want to risk a catastrophic event like a hole in the roof from all the crap under the rubber that goes unnoticed that will require thousands of dollars to fix. Last heartland product ill buy.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:33 PM
kd0axs
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my 2009 Inferno toy hauler, GVWR is 11,000 but it comes in right at 10,000 lbs loaded with 2 ATVs and 100 gallons of water. Third ATV in the bed of the truck. Right about 20,000 lbs combined.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:52 AM
CarterKraft
More Turbo
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Terryd91
hoping for lighting or a tree...

Dealer blew off everything we brought it in for and half assed any repairs they made. This year every time i wanted to bring it in they would need at least a month to even look at it. Most expensive mistake ive ever made was buying it. Pretty much will lose everything we got from trading in our old camper by selling it, but i don't want to risk a catastrophic event like a hole in the roof from all the crap under the rubber that goes unnoticed that will require thousands of dollars to fix. Last heartland product ill buy.
Sounds like a bad dealer to me. Have you contacted Heartland Customer Service?

Old 09-26-2018, 12:22 PM
MissileMech
Freshman User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your dealer IS the problem, find a new one, and get Heartland Customer Service on the phone. You will have problems with any TT or RV you buy, Heartland has a pretty good rep for taking care of their customers. You can also go on the Heartland Forum to get more advice and to find good dealers in your area. Have I had problems with my trailer, yes, and Heartland has taken care of them and I have an extended warranty for the rest. I had to have the roof replaced, Heartland actually had to come up with a fix for my trailer that they incorporated into the manufacturing process, and I have upgraded my axles due to a bent rear axle. All TT & RV manufacturers use axles that are maxed for the trailer weight capacity. Bad road conditions can easily cause a bent axle even when you are 700 lbs underweight as is what happened to me. Geico covered the axle damage due to bad Colorado roads in non-stop freeway construction areas like Denver. Good luck!

Old 09-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by MissileMech
Your dealer IS the problem, find a new one, and get Heartland Customer Service on the phone. You will have problems with any TT or RV you buy, Heartland has a pretty good rep for taking care of their customers. You can also go on the Heartland Forum to get more advice and to find good dealers in your area. Have I had problems with my trailer, yes, and Heartland has taken care of them and I have an extended warranty for the rest. I had to have the roof replaced, Heartland actually had to come up with a fix for my trailer that they incorporated into the manufacturing process, and I have upgraded my axles due to a bent rear axle. All TT & RV manufacturers use axles that are maxed for the trailer weight capacity. Bad road conditions can easily cause a bent axle even when you are 700 lbs underweight as is what happened to me. Geico covered the axle damage due to bad Colorado roads in non-stop freeway construction areas like Denver. Good luck!
I'm out of warranty now, and the only other sundance/heartland dealer somewhat close would not look at it so would likely have to drive hours or pay out of pocket to a local 3rd party dealer. I'm just worried about what's going to happen a few years down the road because of the amount of stuff that just keeps breaking like the cabinets and wall fixtures. The roof needs new rubber to do it right, but any dealer if going to half *** it and cut a hole, remove the debry and patch it with eternabond tape. Our 2008 starcraft had probably 10x the miles and haver gave us an issue other than normal maintenance. I get these things are built like garbage because they are trying to get as many out the door as cheaply as possible. At this point i need to decide if im going to dump the pile of crap, or fix it myself so i know its done, i just don't have the time to wrench on a new camper.

IF we keep it im putting 6k axles under it because the cheesy d44's cant stop it for crap and it's only about 7200 dry 9600 gross. Dexter said the poor performance was normal since it at the high end of the limit, only way to make it better is to go with bigger drums. The d60's will have 12" drums and not the 10's with oddball expensive hubs and hardware and the ability to go disk if i ever desired.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:31 PM
wehavfn
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On our way out today for the weekend.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:55 AM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Terryd91, sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced. Sounds like that dealer needs a new attitude.

wehavfn, that's a nice-looking setup.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:54 PM
skoryd
Junior User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Name:  photo713.jpg
Views: 2127
Size:  802.9 KBName:  photo697.jpg
Views: 2138
Size:  1.33 MB
We just returned to Florida from a 2000 mile round trip to the mountains. So glad that I didn't try this trip in my old F150.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:25 PM
IdahoIV
New User

From a quick trip to the Snake River, tested out the new-to-me bulldog atv rack. Worked great!

Old 10-22-2018, 10:57 AM
18boytoy6.2
5th Wheeling
my unit

This is my setup for now.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:36 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Looking good, everyone.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:25 PM
clarkbre
Tuned
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
The truck upgrade and trailer repair finally come together today for an all round awesome (but short 5 mile) tow. Long story short, the old '11 Ecoboost blew the turbos and exhaust manifolds at 72k miles (repaired under warranty) and I replaced the truck with a '16 F250 6.2. The same month, the trailer had a spring hanger break off the frame (covered by a manufacturer defect) and I was able to pick it up today. I absolutely love the way the F250 handles and stops with the trailer. The acceleration is about on par with the Ecoboost. Overall, I'm just happy to have a truck and trailer back in the driveway and ready to camp again.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:32 AM
jasonbku
New User
Still working on getting the Equalizer hitch dialed in.

Quick Reply: Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here....