Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here.... - Page 59 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here....

Old 08-28-2018, 05:18 PM
CarterKraft
Senior User
CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by davidpacificnw View Post
LOL. All you're missing is the fuel tanker that thing must need to stay on the road. Quite a load there.
You can always tell the NON excursion owner....

44 gallon factory fuel tank in the Excursion

Old 08-28-2018, 05:25 PM
CarterKraft
Senior User
CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
What the GVWR on that Fury? It looks to be a good 12' longer than mine, plus you have a slideout. Mine seems really heavy at 11K. Is 34' from the coupler to the bumper or just the body of the trailer?

Not to be nosy but the 220FB spec here lists your trailer at 9500 GVW, are you really loading it to 11K? Maybe that is the wrong spec for the trailer.

My trailer is 36' long 12' tall and around 11K without toys and has a 13K GVW, definitely dually territory after pulling it for 4 years with an Excursion.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:10 PM
skoryd
Junior User
skoryd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by IMASAP
Couple pics from our recent trip to No. Conway, NH.

That's an awesome rig you've got there.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:19 PM
meborder
meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.
It's an awesome ride. I use to have one long ago as a company car. Loved it. Wish F still made it. Unfortunately, the caved to the the environmental police and ceased production. It was a total political move as it was a real cash cow for the company. Sadly, no one makes a durable 7 pass SUV capable of towing more than 5000 pounds when truly calculating tow capacity using the payload numbers. Love your ride.
looking at the payload ratings of the excursion, they don't appear to be any higher than the expedition.

your point is well taken, but it doesn't appear to be leaps and bounds higher in payload capacity.

Just shy of 7,000 and well below my GVWR

Old 08-28-2018, 11:25 PM
davidpacificnw
Senior User
davidpacificnw is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.davidpacificnw is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by CarterKraft View Post
You can always tell the NON excursion owner....

44 gallon factory fuel tank in the Excursion
You can always tell the person with poor situational comprehension skills. Duh, nothing to do with range and everything to do with the atypical load. But thanks for your thoughtful comments. I'm sure you worked hard on them.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:15 AM
CarterKraft
Senior User
Originally Posted by meborder View Post
looking at the payload ratings of the excursion, they don't appear to be any higher than the expedition.

your point is well taken, but it doesn't appear to be leaps and bounds higher in payload capacity.

Just shy of 7,000 and well below my GVWR

On paper the Excursion is a very low capacity rated tow vehicle for its drive-train, chassis etc. but if you compare parts and weights you can see it was de-rateed for some reason. I will say though that due to super short wheelbase it doesn't rate out like the F-250 it is often compared too.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:17 AM
CarterKraft
Senior User
You can always tell the person with poor situational comprehension skills. Duh, nothing to do with range and everything to do with the atypical load. But thanks for your thoughtful comments. I'm sure you worked hard on them.
Ouch, sorry to offend you here on the inter-webs.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:23 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by skoryd View Post
That's an awesome rig you've got there.

Thanks !! We do have a great time with it.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:08 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Ease up with the clap-back brother, he didn't mean it in a negative way. Most people don't realize all Excursions came with a 44 gallon tank. You could have explained and qualified your statement after-the-fact without the denigration. We're not normally mean spirited here and emotions and intent can be read into a persons post where something negative wasn't meant. His post wasn't poking fun at you, but was meant as one of those "illuminations" that turns out a bit humorous and makes a person smile and go, "OH!"

At least that's how I took it.

Either way it's all good. Just wanting to assuage any negative feelings that may have been stirred up. Nothing negative was meant towards you.

Stewart

Old 08-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Benztechnc has a very good reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a very good reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a very good reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a very good reputation on FTE.
Really enjoying this thread, and all the great rigs out there. I've got my heart set on a travel trailer, as a step up from a tent.. But with an f-150, it may stay a want and not a reality. Still some great looking rigs!

Old 08-29-2018, 05:58 PM
06pghescape
Senior User
06pghescape is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question for benztechnc

I`m just curious over your remark on moving up to a travel trailer. Do you think a F150 isn`t the right truck for the smaller Travel trailers? That`s why i bought mine so i could get out of tent camping and it`s done a great job so far.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:04 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Benztechnc has a very good reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a very good reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a very good reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 06pghescape View Post
I`m just curious over your remark on moving up to a travel trailer. Do you think a F150 isn`t the right truck for the smaller Travel trailers? That`s why i bought mine so i could get out of tent camping and it`s done a great job so far.
Correct. I'll start a separate thread as I don't want to derail this one.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:12 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 06pghescape View Post
Dry weight on your trailer is only 4,700 lbs...a Dodge Durango could tow that thing lol. If you start getting into toy haulers or any of the trailers with slide outs you quickly run into super duty territory. The F150 is perfectly suited for your trailer though.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:10 PM
Ford1dawg
New User
Ford1dawg is starting off with a positive reputation.
F150 with 28ft TT

Here is my F150 pulling our 28 foot travel trailer. I just upgraded to an F250 Super Duty 2016 6.2. I can't wait to see how differently they pull. The F150 pulled really well, but my guess is the f250 will be better.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:58 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Ford1dawg View Post
Here is my F150 pulling our 28 foot travel trailer. I just upgraded to an F250 Super Duty 2016 6.2. I can't wait to see how differently they pull. The F150 pulled really well, but my guess is the f250 will be better.
What are the specs on that 28 ft travel trailer, if you don't mind my asking?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here....

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.