Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here.... - Page 52 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here....

Old 04-14-2018, 04:53 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
I bet that pulls nicer in the F-350!

Old 04-16-2018, 07:34 PM
Mini1298
Freshman User
Mini1298 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well, we finally got to bring the trailer home today, had a nice tailwind for about 60kms, then a very strong crosswind for the last 50km. With the tailwind, stayed in 6th, 1600rpm at 100 km/h, once the crosswind came, still maintained 80km/h, 1600rmp in 5th instead. Im impressed with how the Navigator handled it, plenty of power, very stable, and still rode like a Lincoln! And it may not look that even, but once the suspension wasnt in the kneeling position it sat nice and level, even though its not bad in these pics.

Last edited by Mini1298; 04-16-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 04-17-2018, 05:30 PM
backtrack2015
Senior User
backtrack2015 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.backtrack2015 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The new little camper finally arrived on Friday. It's for a different style of traveling/camping than the fifth-wheel. I like that I can work on it in my own garage.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:26 PM
psdxohio
Senior User
psdxohio is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
The new little camper finally arrived on Friday. It's for a different style of traveling/camping than the fifth-wheel. I like that I can work on it in my own garage.

....Im not sure you have enough TV there LOL.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:51 PM
backtrack2015
Senior User
backtrack2015 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.backtrack2015 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by psdxohio View Post

....Im not sure you have enough TV there LOL.
Yeah. I expect the combo will amuse a few folks out on the highway. The camper looks decent size behind a Jeep but pretty puny behind the SD.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:42 PM
davidpacificnw
Senior User
davidpacificnw is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.davidpacificnw is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Talking

Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post

Hmm. looks like a little sag on that rear end. Might need some airbags

Old 04-18-2018, 12:56 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by davidpacificnw View Post
Hmm. looks like a little sag on that rear end. Might need some airbags
Nah. Bags are overkill. A WDH would do the job.

Nice looking trailer backtrack. More details on it? Inside pictures?

Old 04-18-2018, 01:11 AM
zekes66
Senior User
zekes66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very happy with how the truck towed our 3170.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:01 AM
backtrack2015
Senior User
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
Nah. Bags are overkill. A WDH would do the job.

Nice looking trailer backtrack. More details on it? Inside pictures?

Thank you. It is basically a hard-wall tent on wheels with a few convenience features. The construction is aluminum skin (everything but floor) over welded-aluminum tube framing (everywhere). The floor is rubber coin over 3/4 plywood and then the typical hard plastic waterproof sheeting underneath that. The interior walls and ceiling are carpet over 3/8 plywood which has a thin insulating foil blanket on the outside. It has a 30-amp shore power setup to power the converter, the roof-mounted AC, the small electric heater built into the AC, and two residential 120V outlets. There are also four interior LED lights, two exterior LED porch lights, two 12V outlets, three USB charging ports, and a MaxxAir vent powered by a single deep-cycle battery (mounted in the small compartment at the front-left). The trailer has a manual stabilizer jack at each rear corner.

The axle is a Dexter #9 with brakes (I may not always use the SD to tow it). The dry weight was 1389 lbs and the GVWR is 2200 lbs. Ill probably take it to the scales myself at some point once it is loaded. The tires are LT235/75R15 Nanking Mud Star M+S load range C. The roof rack is rated for 300 lbs.

The entire front of my unit is simply storage (24 deep). I skipped the optional slide-out fridge/stove which would normally occupy this space. The sleeping area (flat open floor area) is ~82 long and 59.25 wide. The interior height is just over 45. The rear double-doors allow full access so the trailer can be used as a utility trailer as needed.

Thats about all there is to know.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:27 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
It looks pretty roomy inside. Does it have a converter to charge the battery when connected to shore power?

Old 04-18-2018, 09:53 AM
backtrack2015
Senior User
It looks pretty roomy inside. Does it have a converter to charge the battery when connected to shore power?
There is a converter for charging the battery while on shore power. Normally it will just be myself, one of the kids, and the dog so the interior room should be adequate for sleeping.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:49 PM
psdxohio
Senior User
psdxohio is starting off with a positive reputation.

Coachmen Freedom Express 279RLDS Liberty Edition...7,000 lbs with 900 lbs on the hitch.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:53 PM
3Dobes
New User
3Dobes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking at F150

2014 Mercedes ML350 with factory hitch Jayco Jay Feather 23RBM TT
Although the ML 350 tows without a problem, we haven't tried any mountain grades, so we are shopping for more towing capacity.
This is our new 2018 Jayco 23RBM. We had it out for a short trip and 2.5 days at a state park and we really like it. Husky Centerline WDH

Old 04-19-2018, 09:04 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
6K lbs GVWR on that Jayco 23RBM. That's a sizeable amount of weight for a midsize SUV, but I've some of those diesels pull really well. Are you considering the new 3.0L V6 diesel in the F-150?

Old 04-20-2018, 10:35 AM
3Dobes
New User
3Dobes is starting off with a positive reputation.
6K lbs GVWR on that Jayco 23RBM. That's a sizeable amount of weight for a midsize SUV, but I've some of those diesels pull really well. Are you considering the new 3.0L V6 diesel in the F-150?
The ML is a gas engine and is rated at 6600, so we don't want to get close to the max. I'm considering the 3.5L ecoboost.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here....

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.