Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here.... - Page 51 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here....

Old 04-01-2018, 03:45 AM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.
More gorgeous-looking rigs. Thank you all for posting. I have been too long without a trailer, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to buy one in the near future.

Old 04-01-2018, 03:57 PM
6door74
Senior User
6door74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I planned on getting one this year but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Everywhere i turn, i see someone towing one and it's making me depressed . Looks like a lot of people have been out and about enjoying theirs for spring break. Maybe next year......

Old 04-02-2018, 09:52 AM
BlankSpace
Junior User
BlankSpace is starting off with a positive reputation.
Spring break 2018...

2017 CCLB 6.2 with two 6 foot, one 8 foot and one 10.5 foot kayaks; and 3 bikes and a fire-pit and some firewood in the bed.

Old 04-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Diamnd1
Elder User
Diamnd1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Diamnd1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
6door74 it took me 7 years when me and my wife decided to get one before we finally got ours, so I know how you feel.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:58 PM
natpark
Senior User
natpark is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Getting away for weekend

Old 04-03-2018, 07:05 PM
6door74
Senior User
6door74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice! Looks like a great location. Is 4x4 needed for something like that? Could someone with a 35ft trailer get to places like that?

Old 04-04-2018, 04:51 PM
CarterKraft
Senior User
CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.
The old setup

The new

Old 04-04-2018, 05:11 PM
natpark
Senior User
natpark is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice upgrade!

Old 04-04-2018, 05:55 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
CarterKraft, that's a toy hauler, right? It looks like it is making the truck squat a bit. What is your tongue weight? Maybe it's just the angle of the photo. Is there anything in the garage?

Old 04-04-2018, 09:14 PM
CarterKraft
Senior User
CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.CarterKraft has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by natpark View Post
Nice upgrade!
Thanks, I'm loving it so far.

Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
CarterKraft, that's a toy hauler, right? It looks like it is making the truck squat a bit. What is your tongue weight? Maybe it's just the angle of the photo. Is there anything in the garage?
Yes it is a 10' separate garage toy hauler. We had a inflatable boat/battery/trolling motor grills propane etc. in the back probably 500lbs total maybe.
The picture is a little of a illusion but it does squat the truck some. It's about 1" from the overloads though.
I don't have a actual tongue weight disconnected on the scale but I do have a recent scale ticket with it on the X,
I will get another ticket with the new truck the next time we head out.

Weight bars released.

With weight bars engaged.

Weight bars released.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:26 PM
TCNashville
Senior User
TCNashville is starting off with a positive reputation.

Our new F-250 with our 2012 Jayco Eagle 320RLDS w/1400lbs on the tongue.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:34 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
TCNashville, that trailer looks like it has been well maintained. That's a lot of tongue weight.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:37 PM
TCNashville
Senior User
TCNashville is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
TCNashville, that trailer looks like it has been well maintained. That's a lot of tongue weight.
Thank you. Rv maintenance like most other things is a continuing process. The brochure tongue weight of the trailer was 1225lbs but scaled empty @ 1290lbs. We have a nice queen bed slide in the front along with the pass thru storage so it adds up. Trying to make it last 4-5 more years until we get into a 5th wheel and a new diesel truck.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:42 AM
Grems4ever
Post Fiend
Grems4ever is a name known to allGrems4ever is a name known to allGrems4ever is a name known to allGrems4ever is a name known to allGrems4ever is a name known to allGrems4ever is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 6door74
I planned on getting one this year but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Everywhere i turn, i see someone towing one and it's making me depressed . Looks like a lot of people have been out and about enjoying theirs for spring break. Maybe next year......
Don't sweat it man. We got ours last year for our 25th anniversary and have cancelled more trips than we've actually made. When we finally did get out, I realized that it was more trailer than the E350 was really happy with so then we had to go find a better tow vehicle. Found a screaming deal on a low mileage 1 ton dually but since it's not blue oval, I'll just leave it at that.

Moral of the story is to take your time and plan it all out before you pull the trigger. It'll save time, money, and frustration in the end.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:44 PM
Nosedive10
Junior User
Nosedive10 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Went from 02 2WD Excursion V10 to 2018 F-350 6.7L diesel 😀.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here....

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.