Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here.... - Page 50 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here....

Old 03-24-2018, 08:54 PM
Richard2212
Senior User
Richard2212 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by whirledpeaz View Post
Specs on ours says 671 lbs. In reality it's near 850 lbs with no water and no food.
I have weighed my fully loaded rig at a Certified Truck Scale. Per axle, Tongue and Total. I also use a 0 - 3000# Hydraulic (calibrated in pounds of load) cylinder and a Jack at each wheel (trailer and EX) and Tongue before we start a trip. I have moved loads around to balance wheel loading.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:11 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.
Desert riding this weekend.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:10 PM
EGoodie21
Freshman User
EGoodie21 is starting off with a positive reputation.

2017 Ford F250 PSD
2005 Eclipse Attitude 23AK Toy Hauler (11k GVWR)

Old 03-26-2018, 12:20 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by EGoodie21 View Post
2017 Ford F250 PSD
2005 Eclipse Attitude 23AK Toy Hauler (11k GVWR)
Your toy hauler looks very similar to my 2006 Fleetwood Gearbox. What size fresh water tank do you have? I had to replace/reinforce the crossmembers under my 120 gallon fresh water tank since they were bent.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:23 PM
EGoodie21
Freshman User
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
Your toy hauler looks very similar to my 2006 Fleetwood Gearbox. What size fresh water tank do you have? I had to replace/reinforce the crossmembers under my 120 gallon fresh water tank since they were bent.
Heya- It's 110/120 gallons I believe. I just picked it up in November.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:25 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
Heya- It's 110/120 gallons I believe. I just picked it up in November.
I started using mine last year. It wouldn't surprise me if our frames are exactly the same. I see a few other similarities.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:43 PM
EGoodie21
Freshman User
I started using mine last year. It wouldn't surprise me if our frames are exactly the same. I see a few other similarities.
I have used it 3 times before I purchased it. We are currently remodeling the interior. I removed the flooring, and we are in the process of painting the cabinets and the walls. We are almost finished. I am tempted to upgrade the toilet to porcelain. We are adding peel and stick tiles as a backsplash in the kitchenette, and removed the refrigerator wood panels and used chalkboard paint on them. We will finish the flooring with vinyl tiles, that should give it a very modern look.

The only known item I know that doesn't work is the pump for the fuel station. I haven't tested it though. The 4kw generator and the solar are fantastic, and drove us to purchase this used model opposed to a new one without those amenities. Headed to Dillon Beach, CA for the 4th of July, and cant' wait!

Old 03-26-2018, 02:24 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
I have used it 3 times before I purchased it. We are currently remodeling the interior. I removed the flooring, and we are in the process of painting the cabinets and the walls. We are almost finished. I am tempted to upgrade the toilet to porcelain. We are adding peel and stick tiles as a backsplash in the kitchenette, and removed the refrigerator wood panels and used chalkboard paint on them. We will finish the flooring with vinyl tiles, that should give it a very modern look.

The only known item I know that doesn't work is the pump for the fuel station. I haven't tested it though. The 4kw generator and the solar are fantastic, and drove us to purchase this used model opposed to a new one without those amenities. Headed to Dillon Beach, CA for the 4th of July, and cant' wait!
That sounds like an interesting project. I hope you'll start a thread that details the build with lots of pictures. Mine is in pretty good shape so I'm not planning any renovations. That said, I have been doing a lot of minor upgrades/fixes. I have the 5.5kw generator and a single aftermarket solar panel. Both work great. I might expand the solar to three panels when I start using the trailer more. I added an inverter that is handy for making coffee in the morning without firing up the generator. Fixing the fresh water tank cross members was a lot of work. I insulated that tank at the same time. The last project implemented last year was a skirt. I have yet to use it though.

Have you found an owner's forum that is specific to your model of trailer? I can't find one for mine.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:38 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.

We bought our 2006 Rage'n 2400SS last year and did just about exactly what you are talking about. I left the floor though, as these all seem to come with solid piece vinyl flooring and everything I read about said not to touch it as you'll have separation issues. What are your plans for the floor? I've painted the cabinets and Zieman frame, installed 2x 160w solar panels and a controller (best upgrade by far, can dry camp forever), installed a 32" LED TV and upgraded the surround sound inside and 6x9's outside. Just need to do a few finishing touches and it'll be good for many good years out in the wilderness!

Old 03-26-2018, 02:43 PM
EGoodie21
Freshman User
That sounds like an interesting project. I hope you'll start a thread that details the build with lots of pictures. Mine is in pretty good shape so I'm not planning any renovations. That said, I have been doing a lot of minor upgrades/fixes. I have the 5.5kw generator and a single aftermarket solar panel. Both work great. I might expand the solar to three panels when I start using the trailer more. I added an inverter that is handy for making coffee in the morning without firing up the generator. Fixing the fresh water tank cross members was a lot of work. I insulated that tank at the same time. The last project implemented last year was a skirt. I have yet to use it though.

Have you found an owner's forum that is specific to your model of trailer? I can't find one for mine.

I currently have 119 pictures of the renovation.. and my wife just informed me that she may have found a small leak.. which I am hoping isn't!! It's in the plastic clip where the table/bed folds up to give space. Looks like a little water drip or something in the new paint, just weird considering I thought that would be a stud.

I haven't found any forums yet for my model, but overall I have found a lot of stuff about toy haulers in general. My wife loves to use pinterest because it has a lot of travel trailer remodels.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:49 PM
EGoodie21
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Tricon View Post
We bought our 2006 Rage'n 2400SS last year and did just about exactly what you are talking about. I left the floor though, as these all seem to come with solid piece vinyl flooring and everything I read about said not to touch it as you'll have separation issues. What are your plans for the floor? I've painted the cabinets and Zieman frame, installed 2x 160w solar panels and a controller (best upgrade by far, can dry camp forever), installed a 32" LED TV and upgraded the surround sound inside and 6x9's outside. Just need to do a few finishing touches and it'll be good for many good years out in the wilderness!

Hah, hilarious, because we have almost the exact same color scheme. We are doing gray lowers, and white upper cabinets. The flooring will be vinyl planks. I dont' think we will get much separation as I live in Northern Cali, and there isn't much temp swings to create that.

I should add that you can see our solar charge controller and inverter in one of the pictures. I have also painted all of the white plastic inside and outside with new White outdoor plastic paint. It has really helped transform the yellowed and dirty items to looking brand new. I even took down the AC and painted the exterior to look fresh.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:15 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
Our layouts are quite different. Where you have a pullout spice rack I have a sink. My refrigerator and spice rack is where your sink is. My bathroom door opens into the bathroom not into the kitchen. It looks like my trailer has a bit more clearance as I don't have the wheel well humps inside.

I'm not sure who made the frame but I painted mine also. Or as much of it as I could. I used a rust converter first and then hit it with bed liner.

As far as the fuel pump goes, I've never used mine. One of these days I'll have to drop the tank and clean it out. Who knows what crud is in there. The gauge for my main tank (for the generator) seems to be off. When it says empty I can only put about 18 gallons in it. Specifications say it's a 30 gallon tank. I have yet to run it dry.

Good luck tracking down that leak.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:30 PM
EGoodie21
Freshman User
My trailer definitely wasn't in the best shape when I bought it, probably why it was such a great deal. Oh well. We are making it our own, and really improving it.

Yeah I am still questioning the leak.. Very weird, but I'll figure it out. I already have the butyl tape and the dicor products to reseal the entire trailer, it was on my list. I may have to get to it sooner than later.. Good thing here in NorCal it will be in the 70-80s for the next 10 beautiful days!

Old 03-26-2018, 06:31 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
Replacing all the exterior caulk (silicone) is on my list of things to do. That's going to be a big job.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:07 AM
1L243
Elder User
1L243 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.1L243 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by amartz02 View Post
Have any of you actually weighed the tongue weight of your campers? My spec sheet says 995 lbs tongue weight but at at the scale with no weight distribution hooked up it adds 1,400lbs to the truck and that's with no food in the fridge, no water in the tanks nor clothes in the closets.
You were right on to get it weighed and not rely on the factory brochure. My current trailer is a 2017 Coleman 300tq Toy Hauler. The brochure says 1000 lbs TW. I weighed in on the way home after purchasing it and the scales tipped at 1750lbs. The dealer had filled the fresh 60 gallon water tank and two tongue mounted propane tanks and the trailer was empty of cargo. I had already upgraded my factory mounted trailer hitch on the truck to 17000lbs gross and 1700lbs TW because I had towed a heavy Toy Hauler before. I brought this trailer home with a 10000 WDH which I later upgraded to a 15.000lbs 1500TW WDH. After loading the bike and cargo adding a few extra tongue mounted batteries adding the new WDH I was able to get the TW to 1450lbs.... I only carry enough water to get me to where I am going..

Last edited by 1L243; 03-28-2018 at 12:16 AM. Reason: add photo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show Your Truck W/ Bumper Pull Camper Here....

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.