The Home of the Monsters - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

The Home of the Monsters

Old 05-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by powerstroke72 View Post
That's priceless...I love it!!!
Originally Posted by Ferguson65 View Post
Randy isn't the only one using that terminology! I use it also!
40 years ago when we were engaged, all my buddies called their girlfriends and wives their "Old Ladies"... My wife to be said - "YOU had better not EVER call me your Old Lady, buster...."....

To which I replied -
Well what the heck should I call you then - the Warden????

What's that crack supposed to mean ? She said...

Well my dear, I am a prisoner of love - Right????

And I have survived all this time......

Old 05-05-2015, 11:00 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Rodney, granted I haven't gone quite as big as you did, but I always tell my buddies that since I'm already at home I have no choice but to go big!

I would love to know where in the northeast you go with your monster. We want to see upstate NY, Vermont, NH, and Maine, but "big rig" friendly sites are sketchy at best. I might be near as long overall as you, I paced it at 60 feet, but that's a bit long thinking about 58' OAL.

Roy, we're still waiting on pics of the JGG with the fiver attached. The old truck doesn't count
Most campgrounds have 40' max sites...in which I slither in... Never had a problem yet. Just have to know how to pilot the 6.7 and she get's where she needs to be.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:06 PM
dlibson
Post Fiend
dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.
For what it's worth I took my OAL 65' setup to Yellowstone last year and went where I couldn't fit all the time. Just gotta get used to the rig and trust your skills.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Ferguson65
Postmaster
Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by dlibson View Post
For what it's worth I took my OAL 65' setup to Yellowstone last year and went where I couldn't fit all the time. Just gotta get used to the rig and trust your skills.

The length and rig don't bother me. My experience is limited to state parks and private campgrounds mostly in PA so far. Our first run out I just drove the truck through some of the other loops in the campground. This is a BIG state park campground for here in PA nearly 300 sites. There were some big 5th's in sites that were ok, but the "road" aka goat path out was horrendous. It was tight just driving the dually through. Seems like they go around every tree rather than cut one, I expect and love that on my mountain bike, but not so much with a 37' trailer. That's what gets me nervous. And trees that just aren't pruned high enough for 5th's. Maybe I'm just being nervous as this is my first "real" full height trailer, and it's unfounded. PA is adding full hookup sites to attract more campers, but they really do need to spend some time opening up the roads and making them a bit more friendly for the campers, and bigger rigs that full hookup sites will attract.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:22 AM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation

Roy, we're still waiting on pics of the JGG with the fiver attached. The old truck doesn't count
I agree Scott.........
With sooo many projects taking me six different directions......
I'll get there......guessing 2 weeks before Jolly Green tows for the first time........

Old 05-06-2015, 01:24 AM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
40 years ago when we were engaged, all my buddies called their girlfriends and wives their "Old Ladies"... My wife to be said - "YOU had better not EVER call me your Old Lady, buster...."....

To which I replied -
Well what the heck should I call you then - the Warden????

What's that crack supposed to mean ? She said...

Well my dear, I am a prisoner of love - Right????

And I have survived all this time......
Good answer..........You think FAST on your feet.....

Old 05-06-2015, 07:31 AM
tmilicia
Senior User
tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.
My XLR Thunderbolt 395 is on the production line right now. 2016 w/ intensity package and many of the option boxes ticked. Hopefully I'll be able to bring it home sometime next week. I'm hoping for a smooth PDI and minimal issues, I know there will be a few though, this isn't my first rodeo.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:38 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by tmilicia View Post
My XLR Thunderbolt 395 is on the production line right now. 2016 w/ intensity package and many of the option boxes ticked. Hopefully I'll be able to bring it home sometime next week. I'm hoping for a smooth PDI and minimal issues, I know there will be a few though, this isn't my first rodeo.
You know we'll all be waiting for pics!

And, any issues, let me know. As you know, I've just gone through this with the exact same rig and the fixes are still fresh in my mind. I also have contact info for the higher ups at FR if you need anything from them direct...

Old 05-06-2015, 07:50 AM
tmilicia
Senior User
tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
You know we'll all be waiting for pics!

And, any issues, let me know. As you know, I've just gone through this with the exact same rig and the fixes are still fresh in my mind. I also have contact info for the higher ups at FR if you need anything from them direct...
Thanks Rodney. Pics will be up as soon as I get her home.

I'm excited to get it, but at the same time, really anxious about pulling this beast around. I normally wouldn't have gone so big, but my wife was insistent on "go big or don't go at all" and she really liked this unit. My ultimate decision on this rig was swayed by following your journey with the same rig. My current trailer is 32' feet long and this XLR will be my first 5th wheel experience. I'm hoping it will be as pleasant as everyone has said it will be.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:02 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
I was nervous going too. My last one was a 5th and was long at 40.5 feet but this took it to a new level. The last one was a 30C by Road Warrior and although it was 40.5, with it's stepped front end, there was a lot of the RV over the truck. So, instead of picking up 4 feet, I really picked up closer to 10. However, as soon as I started towing it home from OH, it was old hat. No difference at all. You're coming from a TT so your experience will be even better as it will be so easy to hook up and no sway whatsoever. On my last one we went from a 36' TT to a 40.5 5ver and were amazed at how much more relaxed the towing experience was.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:17 PM
allcool
Senior User
allcool has a good reputation on FTE.allcool has a good reputation on FTE.
Here's my little old getto duner 40' WW. Supposedly a 13,000gvw bumper pull... At least its got 3, 6000# axles with frame updates/mods. This is one sturdy, very heavy TH...
I do love it, comfortable, 160gal fresh water, 10gal WH, 2 ac units, 5500 Onan genny, race fuel station, pressure washer, good sound system, 3 queen beds and one double pull out sofa bed, led lights, actually more lights in and around this TH then i thought possible. It lights up like a Xmas tree when towing.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:19 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Cool rig! You don't see to many tri-axle TT haulers...

Old 05-06-2015, 02:34 PM
allcool
Senior User
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Cool rig! You don't see to many tri-axle TT haulers...
Thanks....

Old 05-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.
Allcool - pretty neat! I think Rage'n is now known as Weekend Warrior.. I see a lot of similarities between our rigs even though mine is a 5er...

Old 05-06-2015, 03:13 PM
allcool
Senior User
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
Allcool - pretty neat! I think Rage'n is now known as Weekend Warrior.. I see a lot of similarities between our rigs even though mine is a 5er...
Very very nice rig..!!! Looks like the Taj Mahal compared to mine...lol
Hows that monster tow..?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Home of the Monsters

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.