Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

The Officially Unofficial (MOD EDIT: Now Official) Bullnose Forum Logo Poll

Old 05-04-2015, 04:03 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
WilleyJoe.62 has a very good reputation on FTE.WilleyJoe.62 has a very good reputation on FTE.WilleyJoe.62 has a very good reputation on FTE.WilleyJoe.62 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Arrow The Officially Unofficial (MOD EDIT: Now Official) Bullnose Forum Logo Poll

[Moderator's Note - Be sure to see Page 4]

For some time now I've been thinking that the Bullnose Forum, being without question the best/friendliest/most helpful of the FTE forums, should have its own logo. I've been toying with that notion more and more since I'm laid up at home for a while (which also explains the Bullnose Literature and Used Truck Buyer Checklist and Denver craigslist threads. But I digress.) The logo notion was bolstered over the weekend when the "where did the nickname come from" question was raised.

In reading the old thread linked by ctubutis, I raised an eyebrow more than once at some of the snarky comments posted therein - seems a few posters didn't even belong in this forum, and were downright PO'd that the 80-86 membership was arrogant enough to create its own nickname. (I firmly believe that when someone is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read a thread with which you neither agree nor understand, you should log off and call the police. But again, I digress.)

So, being that our forum is full of such insightful and helpful folks, I approached ctubutis with the idea of a Bullnose Forum Logo Poll. He informed me that polls are a real PITA and generally discouraged, as inevitably poll fever takes over for a while, and soon there are polls such as "what's your favorite air freshener scent". I was brimming with ideas and 20 years of Photoshop experience, so we decided to approach it in a different way.

Enjoy. Comments and suggestions are welcome. (Except from non-Bullnose owners outside this forum. Should they wander back in here, they shall be repurposed.) It would be helpful if you replied with the number of your favorite logo. Perhaps after a while we'll narrow the field and vote again. I'll keep tabs on the comments and edit this first post with the tally, and we'll hopefully come up with a winner. Or two.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:05 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
WilleyJoe.62 has a very good reputation on FTE.WilleyJoe.62 has a very good reputation on FTE.WilleyJoe.62 has a very good reputation on FTE.WilleyJoe.62 has a very good reputation on FTE.
And 6 thru 10.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:21 PM
FordPUMan
Senior User
FordPUMan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.FordPUMan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Right now I'd say 6 or 7. But I keep getting distracted by 2,5 and 9.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:39 PM
LARIAT 85
Postmaster
LARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to behold
I really dig the Bull image on Numbers 4 and 10. But not so much the slogans.

Remove the slogans and replace it with an enlarged image of the "Built Ford Tough" logo from Number 7 and you got it!

What is tougher than a Bull?

Old 05-04-2015, 04:48 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Thus making it #11.

I had quite a time finding a "BFT" logo that wasn't just a grainy old ad print. That one is actually a photo of a belt buckle I found online.

Also revised #3.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:02 PM
FordPUMan
Senior User
FordPUMan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.FordPUMan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
#11 may have nailed it

Old 05-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Cienega32
Senior User
Cienega32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Myself, I like #1 or #6. Not that others don't have merit. #9 for example has merit... much merit.

#6 without the ring looks good to me only because of the ring being inherently off-center.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:28 PM
LARIAT 85
Postmaster
LARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WilleyJoe.62 View Post
Thus making it #11.

I had quite a time finding a "BFT" logo that wasn't just a grainy old ad print. That one is actually a photo of a belt buckle I found online.

Also revised #3.
Getting warmer! Work on the proportions.

I think the "Built Ford Tough" logo should be a little bit bigger.

And move "The '80-86 Forum" and "www.ford-trucks.com" over to the left a little bit. You want the same spacing from the edge of the design to the left side as you do the right side where the "Ford Truck Enthusiasts" logo is.

Also, try this logo (minus the blue border) instead of the one you have and see what it looks like:

Old 05-04-2015, 05:37 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Cienega32 View Post
Myself, I like #1 or #6. Not that others don't have merit. #9 for example has merit... much merit.

#6 without the ring looks good to me only because of the ring being inherently off-center.

And here's #12.

You realize, of course, that the ring in #6 runs through the "nostrils" of the O and D - ?

Old 05-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Cienega32
Senior User
Cienega32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by WilleyJoe.62 View Post
And here's #12.

You realize, of course, that the ring in #6 runs through the "nostrils" of the O and D - ?
Absolutely and that was the genius of it! After seeing it sans ring, I retract my comment - looks too plain-jane without it, IMHO.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:57 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Getting warmer! Work on the proportions.

I think the "Built Ford Tough" logo should be a little bit bigger.

And move "The '80-86 Forum" and "www.ford-trucks.com" over to the left a little bit. You want the same spacing from the edge of the design to the left side as you do the right side where the "Ford Truck Enthusiasts" logo is.

Also, try this logo (minus the blue border) instead of the one you have and see what it looks like:

I tweaked #11 and replaced it above. And we'll call this one 11b. While I realize the square/riveted BFT logo looks cleaner, it is not of the Bullnose era. The carved-from-stone logo definitely appears on 81-82-83 literature, making me feel it was more appropos for our forum logo. But, I'm happy to let the members decide.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:04 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Cienega32 View Post
Absolutely and that was the genius of it! After seeing it sans ring, I retract my comment - looks too plain-jane without it, IMHO.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.
I like #1 or #11. And, maybe 11 best. But, can you do the "Ford Truck Enthusiasts" logo with an 80 - 86 profile instead of the truck profiles shown? (Yes, I know that's FTE's logo, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. )

Old 05-04-2015, 08:15 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Well, I hate to be this way but I guess I have to be... comes with the job, I guess...

We can't use any official Ford logos or trademarked slogans, that's a no-no. EDIT: Unless we got FoMoCo Corporate's permission, which is maybe possible but we'd have to write to Ford and ask.
EDIT2: Begin here to ask them: http://www.fordbrandlicensing.com/Default.asp

And there are others that I certainly like to look at, but they remind me of how the Trending Images portion of this site periodically gets filled up with non-truck-related pictures (and it's currently getting there again) and people start complaining, saying this is a family-oriented site and they should be able to surf this forum with their 3 yo child on their lap... and pictures and albums need to be cleaned up because of that... a tedious PITA.

So, pictures like that probably wouldn't be a good bet, either.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:15 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis View Post
I like #1 or #11. And, maybe 11 best. But, can you do the "Ford Truck Enthusiasts" logo with an 80 - 86 profile instead of the truck profiles shown? (Yes, I know that's FTE's logo, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. )

Interesting concept - I'm on it...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Officially Unofficial (MOD EDIT: Now Official) Bullnose Forum Logo Poll

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.