1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

The Officially Unofficial (MOD EDIT: Now Official) Bullnose Forum Logo Poll

Old 05-07-2015, 07:38 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
That would make it special if it were a pic of one of Brad's "blokes".

Old 05-07-2015, 07:58 AM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Indeed. Brad, we need a good, focused close-up shot of your bloke's face, preferably in shade (no bright sunlight), as similar as possible to the one we're using.

Very particular about our bulls noses, y'see...

Old 05-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Brad from Oz
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
That would make it special if it were a pic of one of Brad's "blokes".
Sure, I'd just require a team of American lawyers to visit me and sign an image and IP licensing agreement actually we got shafted that hard with the last "free trade agreement" that I've probably lost that just by thinking about it

Any pic of an Angus, Poll Hereford or Poll Shorthorn will do, we've bred them all.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:47 PM
1985 Bronco
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Nothing Special
Personally I'm against having any logo. I don't see any reason or benefit to it. But then again, I'm also one who doesn't see any reason or benefit to having a nickname that makes no sense to anyone who hasn't read the thread that describes why these trucks are called "Bullnoses". So I don't think my opinion will matter here.
I agree, I'm not sure what we would use the logo for. I'm not really a fan of the ring, or the bull, but if I had to choose, #1 would be my favorite.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:14 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
I am pleased to announce that I have received the official word from Dan Trainor and Michele Griffin, of the Ford Motor Company Global Brand Licensing Office, that Logo #11 has been officially approved for use on this forum.

There are other issues at play should we desire to use the logo on stickers, hats, shirts, etc. Not my backyard, so I'll forward all that to ctubutis.

All other logo designs have been deleted from the thread to avoid confusion.

Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Old 05-26-2015, 03:18 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
In addition to the logo, we're approved to the use both the new and old versions of the "Built Ford Tough" logo, plus the official blue Ford oval.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:14 PM
LARIAT 85
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
That's great news, and GREAT JOB, WilleyJoe!

I still think it would read better if you replace "The '80-'86 Forum" with "The 1980 - 1986 F-Series." It sounds a little more...legendary.

Doing this would signify that "Bullnose" refers to the 1980 - 1986 Ford F-Series trucks rather than just our forums.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:21 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
Here's how that would look. I can't see that FoMoCo would have a problem with changing "Forum" to "F-Series".

I also used the triple-silhouette FTE logo here (created after the request was sent to Ford), but that would have to be approved by the powers that be, through Chris. Not sure how they'd feel about this, unless they decide it's so cool that it should be on the home page.

It was major surgery to modify that - those with a passing knowledge of Photoshop may appreciate that the home page FTE icon has a transparent background, which is fantastic; but creating a new layer with the third (Bullnose) truck, in white, on a transparent background took more than a bit of work. I used the color scheme profile from the 81 Ford brochure, dropped out the wheels, created as much as possible with the line tool, drew the rest by hand, dropped the profile layer, finally had to put it on a black background because I couldn't make out the details using a 3 pixel brush... but dang it looks cool! LOL

Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2015, 06:58 PM
ctubutis
Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Did you submit the old ladies sitting on the porch looking at the laptop?

Old 05-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Good job, WJ!!!! I'm really impressed that you/we got approval from Ford. I really didn't expect it to happen - ever.

As for the 3-truck outline, I've used PS, and now Elements, enough to have a reasonable understanding of what you had to do. Wow! That's a lot of work. Thanks! It looks just like I imagined it - if not better.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:30 PM
ctubutis
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
I'm really impressed that you/we got approval from Ford. I really didn't expect it to happen - ever.
I told him the exact opposite, that I thought we had a pretty good chance they'd approve something. From what I have learned of FoMoCo's attitudes towards enthusiast groups like this one (speaking of FTE in general), they really want to try and support us to a reasonable extent. Sure, the corporate lawyers will sometimes get all carried away and not everything can be as the general population would like, but they really try and keep that lawyer stuff under control as well as they can.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:33 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
In order for all the moderators to see what the fuss is all about, and how we came to submit #11 for official FoMoCo approval, I am reposting the other options I created.

Note that these were not submitted and thus not approved. They are shown here for unauthorized, entertainment purposes only. No animals were harmed in the production of these logos. See dealer for details. Not all versions available in all areas. Figures sold separately. May cause itchiness and redness. Batteries not included. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Attached Images     
Old 05-28-2015, 07:29 PM
ctubutis
We have official approval from IB (Internet Brands, the owner of this forum and the FTE logo) to use this logo here on FTE, so long as we all understand it is used under their permission for purposes involving FTE in a non-negative light, no tangible goods are produced for sale to others, and that permission can be revoked.

This being the case, I made a smaller version to put in my sig file; I can't think of anything else we could use it for at the moment but it was created all in fun, anyway, maybe other uses will be found later.
Maybe someday we'll get it on the 80-86 list of threads (front page ).

We also have permission from Ford Corporate to use the blue oval and some Built Ford Tough images in stuff we do here on FTE.

I'm also sticking this thread and attaching the related files.

Attached Images     
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
FordTruck_20150507103357.pdf (401.0 KB, 261 views)
Old 05-28-2015, 08:10 PM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
It's interesting that the hand-drawn 'Built Ford Tough' was used on so much Bullnose literature of the day. The one I used, with the really good relief and color, was actually worked from a photo of a belt buckle for sale online somewhere (ebay?)

Old 05-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Good work! But, we didn't get approval to use the three-truck profile? The one WJ worked on so hard?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Officially Unofficial (MOD EDIT: Now Official) Bullnose Forum Logo Poll